Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dwarven Bill of Rights  (Read 21288 times)

Foa

• Bay Watcher
  • And I thought foxfire was stylish in winter.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Bill of Rights
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2009, 07:35:07 pm »

I support if you can edit the Bill of Rights later in the game!
Heh, I'll set up a few multi-roled nobles, just in case one guy fucks up, and a parliament of lounge ( aka Guild ) officials!

If you mandate, your Job Security goes down.
If you have low Job Security, the higher your Replacement Rate is... :D !
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 07:36:50 pm by Foa »

chucks

• Bay Watcher
  • Have Cutlass -- Will Travel
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Bill of Rights
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2009, 11:16:07 pm »

Well, it would be interesting to see dwarven justice more as a balancing act between civic unrest (sometimes causing bloodshed and even civil war) and civic prosperity through the sound leadership of the nobility/politicians.  Different forms of government could even potentially co-exists within a large enough fortress.

As for the job security being tied to demands, you could also have more basic demands made on target of what the fortress needs.  I've seen a large number of posts outlining more sane noble mandates and a system of advisors, but I can recognize the difficulty of building such a system of 'experts' that could fathom what you would need as a civilization.  This would be very closely tied into dwarf good and bad thoughts, and seems likely to be a far off changeset in the future.

Justice, politics, the individual vs. the masses vs. the privileged few, distribution of power dynamics, etc. are not exactly concrete ideas to model in code.
Computer says 'No'.
Pages: 1 [2]