Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Fallout 3, gameplay discussion  (Read 5793 times)

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 3, gameplay discussion
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2009, 10:27:27 am »

I don't haul around the armour. Generally, one squad (officer, two or three Enclave Soldiers) are what I encounter at a time. So I'll use the two or three to repair a single suit, snatch the indeed more worthy lazer or plasma rifle they had on them, repair that with any spares, and then take a trip back to town.

I don't carry much besides what I'm wearing, and then the weightless medical and ammo supplies. I only need a few weapons anyway. I carry the Repeater, a Chinese Assault Rifle, and sometimes the MIRV or Fatman. And I still have a whole bunch of Power Armour that I haven't sold just sitting in my locker. Still trying to sell that too.

Though lately I've been a bit more interested in exploring the wastes then making some caps. I already have a huge amount as it is.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2009, 04:43:13 pm »

I never invested in close combat, but now I wanna shiv people

Croquantes

• Bay Watcher
  • Essence of Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2009, 05:23:11 pm »

I try not to use guns in fallout games. They're just so much work, juggling ammo and I hate getting something to near-death, only to have to reload! Spoils the victory. So I played Fallout 1, 2 and 3 using unarmed.

Anyone else like unarmed combat? All my friends find it exceedingly strange that all I do is punch (and in the case of Fallout 2, kick) stuff.

And where's the unarmed bobblehead?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2009, 05:34:57 pm »

I always make a fist character in Fallout 2

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2009, 06:10:33 pm »

Wait, people repair the Enclave power armor to sell it? That's a waste! They can be turned in at fort independence for tons of stimpacks each, those are often worth more if you are in it for the money.

The problem with abusing the Repeater is that its ammo is the rarest bullet in the game (Bullet not Cell or Nuke...) so you can usually only get like 8 every shop trip.

Unless you have The Pitt, then you just press all that unused 5mm ammo and scrap metal into 44. rounds. Problem solved. Though I go the other way and press the 44. rounds into 5.56 and .308 rounds, I don't use the repeater or the 44. magnum.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The irony ... it doesn't burn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2009, 06:17:44 pm »

For the non-gun guys I must reccomend Shocksword, the most powerful weapon. A few slices and even a Deathclaw is down.

Only prob is that you need Operation Anchorage which costs a bit. Unless torrented.
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2009, 06:18:07 pm »

Yeah...well...I HATE THE OUTCASTS. EMO BASTARDS.

And to the Shocksword, you can always mod in your own weapons, and create a slew of better melee goodies.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 06:22:03 pm by WorkerDrone »

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2009, 06:22:00 pm »

Well that's okay, the outcasts hate you too. :P

Well they are at least better then the wannabes in the citadel, they had a job to do and just turned their back on the rest of the Brotherhood. I kill them every chance I get.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2009, 06:22:45 pm »

Well. Shut up. The Brotherhood is AWESOME. The Outcasts are just a bunch of cry me a river idiots. I kill THEM every chance I get.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2009, 06:24:32 pm »

You're doing it wrong

Well. Shut up. The Brotherhood is AWESOME. The Outcasts are just a bunch of cry me a river idiots. I kill EVERYTHING every chance I get.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2009, 06:25:52 pm »

I guess I am.

Note to self: make plans for several more random killing sprees.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2009, 06:29:38 pm »

You know what's awesome? Killing a Super mutant overlord by slipping a frag mine into his pants.

BOOM! 1250 HP gone! Doesn't matter if you have half the HP of a behemoth when Sniper Joe pulls the shady sands shuffle on you.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2009, 06:30:33 pm »

The Shady Sands Shuffle?

Fuck yeah. Awesome name for a combat maneuver.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2009, 07:06:35 pm »

Guys, the Outcasts are technically following in the tradition of the Original Brotherhood. The regular "D.C. Brotherhood" are a bunch of splitters who are going against the main goal of the Brotherhood (collect technology) to help out a bunch of ignorant peons.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2009, 07:09:28 pm »

Then why bother to paint their armour black and red? You could simply put a few markings on say, your shoulders or chest plates to stand out, and not look like a total fucknut and look like a totally different scheme from the actual Brotherhood.

So the D.C Brotherhood shifted its priorities. It actually makes them, you know, more likable.
Pages: 1 [2] 3