Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: ☺░▒▒▓D Or holy crap there's a goblin on my keyboard! g Or in other words ASCII  (Read 23522 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Wouldn't you know that the first level of this dungeon I was in a ran into a tension room.  I had to run that fight.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Technically he never accused any of us. It's just like people who think because they read books they are automatically smarter than people who watch lots of TV. Lots of roguelike communities seem to think they are all super smart because they add dice in their spare time instead of shooting nazis. This forum is thankfully mostly devoid of such arrogance

:o O_O :o

Alright, well he got what I meant. (Well I am a bit worried about that "Technically" part)

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile

Wouldn't you know that the first level of this dungeon I was in a ran into a tension room.  I had to run that fight.
Heh, Ive never ran from a tension room. Their great sources of exp, drops, easy kills, and these things are somewhat rare in other circumstances.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Not when you have 5(58) HP.

DANGER DANGER WILL ROBINSON.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile

If you have 5 hp you shouldent be up and about opening strange doors anyway...

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heh, the "technically" was just me trying to be overly diplomatic when voicing an (seemingly) unpopular opinion. I just thought I would jump in because if you have trouble articulating your point inaluct will tear you apart. Clearly he is on debate team or something.

Ah, tension rooms. Probably one of my favourite parts of that game. They're like an experience piņata. Until you get one of the mixed bag ones with a paralyzing monster at the front...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

If you have 5 hp you shouldent be up and about opening strange doors anyway...

*sigh*  That was caused by the tension room.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile

I've beaten ADOM atleast 5 five times, (one was a humie fighter save scum to test the wishing system) my best possible character was a (f) dark elven paladin.

I spent alot of time, (especially in the Cave of the Blue dragons) trying to find wands of wishing or rings of djinns.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

I take it slow, I have no clue what is going on or what to do next.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heh, the "technically" was just me trying to be overly diplomatic when voicing an (seemingly) unpopular opinion. I just thought I would jump in because if you have trouble articulating your point inaluct will tear you apart. Clearly he is on debate team or something.

Ah, tension rooms. Probably one of my favourite parts of that game. They're like an experience piņata. Until you get one of the mixed bag ones with a paralyzing monster at the front...

By complimenting me you have managed to diffuse tension. Clever. You have nice eyes.

Also, tension rooms are basically Angband vaults and pits, right?
Code: [Select]
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓oooooooo.▓
▓ooooooooo▓
▓ooooooooo▓
▓ooooooooo▓
▓▓▓o▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓.▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

Those things?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Clearly he is on debate team or something

Wait we want to debate? But I am a total Jerk when I do so seriously.

"DEFINE YOUR TERMS!!! DEFINE THEM!!!"

Anyhow there is interesting some fan made expansions for ADOM and Nethack. They arn't too special but they don't do anything to them that is bad.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

By complimenting me you have managed to diffuse tension. Clever. You have nice eyes.

Also, tension rooms are basically Angband vaults and pits, right?
Code: [Select]
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓oooooooo.▓
▓ooooooooo▓
▓ooooooooo▓
▓ooooooooo▓
▓▓▓o▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓.▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

Those things?

Yeah, tension rooms are just like vaults or zoos.  Or blah grrr.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile

I love tension, they're the best way to kill things especially when you have the right equipment.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I always get my character killed out of some impulsive action in ADOM. I don't like 'savecheating', and I get bored enough with my lvl 34 dark elf assassins halfway through anyway :P
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]