Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 42

Author Topic: [Quickfort] 2.04 released -- now with minecart track support! [DF 0.34.10]  (Read 298759 times)

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage
Re: Bug in multi-level-build/stockpiles?
« Reply #375 on: August 18, 2011, 11:37:35 pm »

For some reason, multi-level stockpiles and builds seem to bug out on me pretty badly.
The Quickfort's surface-build, surface-stockpile specifically do not work when I attempt to use them.
If I split them into separate sheets and call them individually by floor it's fine, but when combined it seems to reset the start position to the last known Corner (alt + QWAS), rather than respecting the Start position.

Seems to work fine for Dig, however.

Verified as a problem in QF 2.01. Will be fixed in 2.02.

Thanks for the report.

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Quickfort] Version 2.01 released -- DF 31.25 compatible
« Reply #376 on: September 07, 2011, 03:31:05 pm »

I've just now discovered quickfort-- planning on digging out huge areas with specific, planned shapes, in multiple, and I thought, "Hey, I really ought to figure out one of those auto-designation programs."

Was pleasantly surprised at how easy and versatile it was.

I've been using a text editor to plan, and conversion from text to a quickfort-readable format is a breeze.  I just do a find replace on each character.  '#' (wall) becomes '`,' and '.' (floor) becomes 'd,'.  For some reason, I was scared off by having to figure out a spreadsheet program to use quickfort, but it turns out that even that's not necessary.

One thing that would just blow me away would be if quickfort could designate linkages (from lever or pressure plate to building).  I realize that such functionality would require that quickfort know where in the build queue every single door or hatch (or whatever) was, meaning that all linkable buildings would have to be placed by quickfort, but for doing some crazy logic things involving thousands of mechanisms, such functionality just couldn't be beat.  With large circuits, manual linkage creates a huge headache that means that I have to build my doors and hatches in a specific order, just so that I can find them on the link list.

Nor would it only solve headaches-- it would mean that blueprints for logic circuits could easily be shared.

Is it possible to use quickfort to place pressure plates?  It kind of looks like it wouldn't be.

Thank you very much for the wonderful program.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 03:34:27 pm by Nil Eyeglazed »
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 07, 2011, 04:11:23 pm »

If you make anything you'd like to share Nil, send me it and I'll update the Wuala folder.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 08, 2011, 04:03:46 am »

If you make anything you'd like to share Nil, send me it and I'll update the Wuala folder.

Well, what I've got to dig out are 512 creature logic circuits, each precisely shaped and aligned with each other.  It's something that Quickfort is perfect for, but it's hardly relevant to general audiences :)  If I had to do it by hand, I'd make tons of mistakes.

Code: [Select]

###
        ###d##         
       ##^hh^##     
  ######h#d##h#
 ## d#hX####hX#
 # ##^###hd^####       
 # # ### ###d  ##
 # # h## ###### #
 # # h # ###hX# #
 # # h # hh^### #     
 # # h # ###d   #
 # ##h # ###### #
 #h#d ## ###hX# #
 ##^##d# dd^### #     
 #h#h#d# ###d   #
 #X# #d# ###### #
 # #d#d# ###hX# #
 # #^##d#dh^### #   
 ##h#h######d  ##
  ####       ###
     #########

256 of those (each is really two separate circuits).  So you can see what I mean-- Quickfort is a godsend, but it's not exactly something that belongs in the blueprints folder :)
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage
« Reply #379 on: September 09, 2011, 07:20:34 pm »

One thing that would just blow me away would be if quickfort could designate linkages (from lever or pressure plate to building).  I realize that such functionality would require that quickfort know where in the build queue every single door or hatch (or whatever) was, meaning that all linkable buildings would have to be placed by quickfort, but for doing some crazy logic things involving thousands of mechanisms, such functionality just couldn't be beat.  With large circuits, manual linkage creates a huge headache that means that I have to build my doors and hatches in a specific order, just so that I can find them on the link list.

I wrote to Toady about a year ago, asking him to allow cursor-based selection of link targets instead of via the unpredictably-ordered side menu. He replied at the time and said, "it may be possible". If DF supported this, we would be golden and QF could support some sort of handy linking syntax.

Without DF's support, alas, it all gets quite tricky. I'm open to suggestions but so far I haven't come up with a very good methodology for how it could be done.

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 09, 2011, 09:51:09 pm »

There's only three ways that I can see it working the way DF is now, and they're all tricky, and ugly in various ways.

a) Allow linkage through QF with the understanding that a single multi-stage blueprint has to be used, and that any furniture built elsewhere in the fortress (before linkages are designated by QF) will screw up the blueprint.

b) Build a snapshot of the number of possible linkages every time QF designates a linkable building.  That way, QF knows where (in the link queue) the buildings that it designates exist.  This could get ugly for typical uses of QF, but I suppose that QF could only bother to build the link list when it's building from a blueprint involving links.

c) Intercept keystrokes to keep track of linkable buildings (uggh).

This is all assuming that DF generates the link queue based on designation time rather than actual build time-- otherwise, none of these would work.

gabandre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 09, 2011, 10:17:57 pm »

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage
« Reply #382 on: September 27, 2011, 11:04:09 am »

This is all assuming that DF generates the link queue based on designation time rather than actual build time-- otherwise, none of these would work.

It is indeed based on actual build time, or more specifically, the moment a dwarf gets to the build site with a building material.

I've considered arcane plans like staging dwarves to be released from "waiting rooms" in sequence to each build an item, thereby dictating the resultant link order. Another idea is making one long twisty passage and trapping a single dwarf in it in such a way that they (hopefully) designate things in the right order. Contemplating such plans are what led me to just email Toady on the issue and shelve it for now.

If you can work out a way that this could work, possibly with some modification to Quickfort, do tell. It would be a most useful feature.

Pseudo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 28, 2011, 04:40:48 am »

I wonder if someone at DFHack/DFFusion could help...
The lady the dog the paper the boy writ hit bit knit.

English is weird.

HungryHobo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 28, 2011, 07:14:39 am »

Can DF hack pull the current cursor position when setting linkages? it would massively simplify the problem. instead of trying to keep track of everything it only needs to know the x,y,z in relation to a specific point and could link from there running down the list until it finds the right x,y,z.it'd be slow but still orders of magnitude faster than any human doing the same task.

Pseudo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 28, 2011, 07:19:24 pm »

Can DF hack pull the current cursor position when setting linkages? it would massively simplify the problem. instead of trying to keep track of everything it only needs to know the x,y,z in relation to a specific point and could link from there running down the list until it finds the right x,y,z.it'd be slow but still orders of magnitude faster than any human doing the same task.

Looking at Memory.xml:
<Group name="Position">
                <Address name="cursor_xyz"
So I would assume so.

Also, the position tool picks up global co-ordinates.

It might still be good to ask the people at DFHack to write a plugin to add a command to create a link job for the lever directly.

That would require adding some info to Memory.xml though.

EDIT: Yep - Gui::getViewCoords

EDIT2: I made a proof of concept! It's severely hacky and slow though, as currently the only way to pass the co-ordinates on to another program is by creating a temporary file. Get it here. Now someone just needs to come up with a version of Quickfort that would work with it...

Also, this could be massively sped up by adding some sort of IPC, be it through pipes, a loopback network connection, or whatever. Files are simply... simpler to deal with, at least for a proof-of-concept like this.

I'd imagine the process would go something like this:
  • Quickfort places something
  • When it finds something to be connected to, it calls this utility and saves the co-ordinates (possibly to a temporary file so that it can be resumed later?)
  • You wait until it is all built and resume Quickfort
  • For each lever, Quickfort scans through all possible options for connections of the right type (probably bottom-up), calling getpos every time, until the co-ordinates match. Then connect!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 07:55:02 pm by Pseudo »

English is weird.

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage
« Reply #386 on: September 30, 2011, 01:26:56 pm »

EDIT2: I made a proof of concept! It's severely hacky and slow though, as currently the only way to pass the co-ordinates on to another program is by creating a temporary file. Get it here. Now someone just needs to come up with a version of Quickfort that would work with it...

Sweet! I'll definitely look at integrating this into Quickfort 2 in the next version or two. This could be a game-changer for certain types of DF projects.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 03, 2011, 11:41:26 am »

Since Wuala went and basically killed themselves by removing the trade storage function, switch the community blueprints link to here: http://www.mediafire.com/?42eaaru4ldy3v11

Its the .rar only.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Pseudo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 04, 2011, 03:37:52 pm »

Sweet! I'll definitely look at integrating this into Quickfort 2 in the next version or two. This could be a game-changer for certain types of DF projects.
Yay! No more designating 1000+ linkages by hand! (Don't ask - I'm experimenting with computing).

English is weird.

DwarfRaiden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 07, 2011, 01:12:20 am »

Hello,

is it possible to use this tool to designate separate low value, (2-10), mid (15-20), high (25-30) and rare (40-60) stockpiles on separate places with a blueprint? I hate to always set up these stockpiles myself to see what my dorfs found in the deeps. If so, can you tip me about the script?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 42