Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 42

Author Topic: [Quickfort] 2.04 released -- now with minecart track support! [DF 0.34.10]  (Read 298702 times)

lstutzman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Quickfort construction tool
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2009, 09:07:37 pm »

Jhoosier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://wilcotangofoxtrot.blogspot.com
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2009, 09:15:42 pm »

Here ya go

http://mayday.w.staszic.waw.pl/~mayday/upload/DFG18.zip

Yep, I've got exactly this version, too.  If the Mayday pack is terminally broken with Quickfort, I think I'll lay out the fort (fractal bedroom floors, etc) in native and just not put in staircases to them until I'm ready.

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2009, 09:21:03 pm »

I've created a very simple repository for uploading and sharing Quickfort CSV files.

Here's the url: http://drop.io/quickfort

Pretty simple stuff, but it should work well enough for now. For packs/stacks of CSV files, please ZIP them together before uploading (and use distinctive names).

I'll add the link to the original post.

Jhoosier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2009, 09:44:44 pm »

Here's Valdemar's fractal room design (movie here http://mkv25.net/dfma/movie-252)

dig:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

build doors only:

Note the only stairs are a plus-shaped shaft in the center.  I don't really use the peripheral ones that much.

Haven't had a chance to test and see if it works perfectly, but once the technical issues get sorted, should be nice.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2009, 09:46:01 pm »

Okay, I'm having some problems.  I made a design for a 15 tile wide spiral staircase, and was spitting out spam when I ran the macro.  Upgraded from 40d8 to 4011, still have some problems, but the spam it spat out was different (it was consistent when I was using 40d8).  I had also tried the Obama example with both versions, but neither worked.  Just Obama spam (oh man why did I say that, I like Obama . . .).

Code: [Select]
#dig These are for a spiral taircase 15 spaces across.  The two floors shown are for the two different layouts that make the sequence work properly.  Produces a double helix.
,,,ddddddddd,,,#
,,ddddddddddd,,#
,ddddddddddddd,#
,ddddddddddddd,#
ddddddddddddddd#
sssssdddddddddd#
rrrrrdddddrrrrr#
ddddddddddsssss#
ddddddddddddddd#
,ddddddddddddd,#
,ddddddddddddd,#
,,ddddddddddd,,#
,,,ddddddddd,,,#
,,,,,ddddd,,,,,#
#>##############
,,,,,ddrsd,,,,,#
,,,ddddrsddd,,,#
,,dddddrsdddd,,#
,ddddddrsddddd,#
,ddddddrsddddd,#
ddddddddddddddd#
ddddddddddddddd#
ddddddddddddddd#
ddddddddddddddd#
ddddddddddddddd#
,dddddsrdddddd,#
,dddddsrdddddd,#
,,ddddsrddddd,,#
,,,dddsrdddd,,,#
,,,,,dsrdd,,,,,#
################
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Xinael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2009, 09:56:07 pm »

LegoLord: That's not a proper CSV file or, rather, it's not a proper file for this script. Each tile in the file needs a , between it. , isn't a blank tile, it's a separator between tiles. d,d,d,d,d,d,d,d,d,d,d,d,d is a solid line of mined tiles with no gaps between them.

The easiest way by far to build these things is to use a spreadsheet program. If you don't have Excel you can try OpenOffice or Google Docs, both of which are free.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 09:58:05 pm by Xinael »

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2009, 09:58:30 pm »

Oh, I had used excel.  I just copied it.  Thanks though, that probably is causing some of the problems.  There still is the issue with the files that came with it, though.

Edit:  Nope.  Changing the grid spaces with commas in them into blank spaces just seemed to change the spam.  Still not what I intended.  I noticed it will seem to run the cursor over a tile several times before moving elsewhere
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 10:05:24 pm by LegoLord »
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Jhoosier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2009, 10:03:19 pm »

Oh, I had used excel.  I just copied it.  Thanks though, that probably is causing some of the problems.  There still is the issue with the files that came with it, though.

Are you using a graphics package?  I and a couple others are having trouble with the Mayday set for some reason.  Run one of the basic bedroom digs and post the debug here for joelpt.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2009, 10:25:13 pm »

Only graphics I use are from the LEGO mod (which only includes raw directory files - no data directory files).

Here is the debug: 
Just so I remember

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2009, 04:00:54 am »

OK, well after experimenting with the Mayday DF package that lstutzman posted, I too witnessed the 'playback' problems that were being described.

After some extensive fiddling I think I've got an updated version of Quickfort that will hopefully work for everyone. In the case of the Mayday version, the introduction of the KeyPressDuration option and increasing the DelayMultiplier seems to have fixed the playback problems on my test setup.

I suspect if you have a slower PC or run a large DF map, even larger values may be necessary. If in doubt, try doubling or even tripling the defaults. It appears that 40d can playback faster than 40d11. 40d11 also seems to be able to run faster with [G_FPS_CAP:100] and possibly [PRINT_MODE:PARTIAL:4] in DF's init.txt.

The downside is that the new version of QF will (by default) playback slower than version 1.0 -- but this is easily adjusted in options.txt. If QF was running flawlessly before for you (e.g. 40d users), try using lower values in options.txt for DelayMultiplier and KeyPressDuration.

Some new options have also been added to options.txt which control what keys QF will send for the various Dwarf Fortress cursor movement keys. For Mayday users, you will want to change the KeyUpZ and KeyDownZ options.

Download Quickfort 1.01 here.

1.01 (2009 May 30)
* New options in options.txt to improve compatibility with different DF versions and key bindings
* Auto cancel QF run if user switches away from DF window

Note that QF 1.0 users who upgrade to QF 1.01 must replace their old options.txt.

Please let me know if this fixes the playback problems on your setups.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 04:11:24 am by joelpt »

Jhoosier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2009, 04:58:29 am »

Yay! New version!  And, it works, at least for me.  I set the delay multiplier to 100, and that seemed to do the trick (though it goes incredibly slow).  Weird, since I've got a fairly decent machine (Core2Duo 3GHz with 4GB RAM).

But still, I can make some tea if I set off a large dig or something.  I'll play with the settings, see if I can't find a happy medium.

Also, might I suggest changing the up/down z-level keys to be SHIFT+5?  That seems to be a default secondary key, and will allow those of us with custom settings a bit more leeway.

Here's a better version of Valdemar's fractal bedroom design:

dig:

build:

And here's the Raynard square fractal bedroom design (roughly 112 rooms requiring 116 doors):

dig:

build doors:

Hope these work.  I'd like to see someone's workshop designs sometime.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 06:15:12 am by Jhoosier »

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2009, 06:51:54 am »

It's mostly working for me now, but the cursor seems to jump a it a little after it is halfway done with the spiral staircase.  Then it turned out there was a space in front of one of the "d"s where it shouldn't have been.

Remember to check that you did not type a space into a grid box when using excel, if that grid box has a letter in it, if you have problems.

So it's working for me now.  Which means I will soon be designing plans for a large dwarven cruise ship.  It will be dwarven because it will be carved from stone  ;D
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 09:36:08 am by LegoLord »
Just so I remember

Xinael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2009, 12:09:42 pm »

God, I love this thing. My interest in Dwarf Fortress comes and goes, and this thing has reignited it with a passion. I'm dreaming up all kinds of uses for it :D

lstutzman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2009, 12:37:38 pm »

Super work - I will try 1.01 out this evening - can't wait!

Thanks very much

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage
« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2009, 01:00:11 am »

Hi folks, I've just posted a new version of Quickfort.

Download Quickfort 1.02

This version includes a slightly reworked "UI", a new start-position option for blueprints, (hopefully) some fixes for 40d11/Mayday users, and more. Changelog snippet below. I think all of the requests made in this thread so far have now been addressed.

It looks like at least some of the trouble 40d11/Mayday users have seen was related to a simple typo bug relating to the mouse tooltip. This fix, coupled with new options for controlling the tooltip update frequency, should hopefully permit these users to use a much lower DelayMultiplier. My system worked with values as low as 20 on Mayday v18.

Let me know if anything broke!

Code: [Select]
1.02 (2009 June 3)
* Start position can now be specified in CSV file. See readme.txt for further
  details. Examples/Buketgeshud updated. (Xinael)
* Quickfort's tooltip now stays up all the time, but you can optionally hide it
  when not in placement or playback modes with the Alt+H hotkey (Xinael)
* The 'macro completed' popup has been removed in favor of the permanent tooltip
* Leading or trailing spaces within cells should no longer cause problems (LegoLord)
* Possible fix for flickering tooltip problem (Xinael)
* Possible speed improvement for 40d11/Mayday users (Xinael, Jhoosier)
* Z-level up/down default keybindings changed to Shift+5/Ctrl+5 for better
  compatibility (Jhoosier)
* Quickfort now emits a sound on playback completion (mutable in options.txt)

* New examples Examples/Tests/starting-location.csv and Examples/General/spiral-staircase.csv

« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 01:16:40 am by joelpt »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 42