Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 42

Author Topic: [Quickfort] 2.04 released -- now with minecart track support! [DF 0.34.10]  (Read 300311 times)

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage

But when the MultiLevel csv file grows bigger than 15~ levels I get this error: quickfort "error reading blueprint information from qfconvert.py output file bla bla bla .tmp"
making it a xls file seems to grow up this limit to 25~ levels. All of this levels are a centered-matrix of 91-wide tiles.

Can you send me one of your error-causing 15+ level blueprints to quickfort@joelpt.net? I'll take a look.

I'm not aware of any practical reason why QF should be limited in this way so it definitely sounds like a bug of some sort.

turabeasel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are there any plans to build a gui similar to windows for osx? I like how in windows you can center the blueprint instead of working from the upper left corner, or is that possible on on osx? Thanks!

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage

Are there any plans to build a gui similar to windows for osx? I like how in windows you can center the blueprint instead of working from the upper left corner, or is that possible on on osx? Thanks!

You can set start-position from the command line with qfconvert, e.g.

Code: [Select]
python qfconvert.py --position=nw ..\Blueprints\Tests\dig-10x10.csv output.mak
python qfconvert.py -p se ..\Blueprints\Tests\dig-10x10.csv blueprint.csv output.mak
python qfconvert.py -p (5,5) ..\Blueprints\Tests\dig-10x10.csv blueprint.csv output.mak

Everything that the Windows QF GUI does as far as converting blueprint files to keys/macrocode, it does via the qfconvert command line parameters.

I'd love to see a GUI for Mac/Linux. Unfortunately AutoHotkey doesn't (yet) run on those platforms so it would entail a total rewrite of the GUI part of Quickfort. And as this GUI utilizes global hotkeys and a "mouse anchored tooltip" as the UI mechanism, this may require unique code for each platform (or a break from this UI paradigm).

One thing you might want to check out for Mac is Mac Fortress, which includes QF2. While it's not fully equivalent to a QF GUI for Mac, it is a nice starting point.

turabeasel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm...so following those three lines of code would allow me to start the macro in the center or would it be different depending on each blueprint (i.e. the actual center point depending on the size). That was really my biggest concern, if I could use them "centered" say on my main staircase not having a cool GUI isn't so bad.

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile

But when the MultiLevel csv file grows bigger than 15~ levels I get this error: quickfort "error reading blueprint information from qfconvert.py output file bla bla bla .tmp"
making it a xls file seems to grow up this limit to 25~ levels. All of this levels are a centered-matrix of 91-wide tiles.

Can you send me one of your error-causing 15+ level blueprints to quickfort@joelpt.net? I'll take a look.

I'm not aware of any practical reason why QF should be limited in this way so it definitely sounds like a bug of some sort.

Sent !

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile

News about the error ?

kjbrona

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Just started playing DF 2 weeks ago and I am now to the point where I want to cut down on my setup time so I want to use QuickFort. I have the latest version of Quickfort and I am also using the latest version of MasterWork.
The #dig and #query xls sheets work just fine. When I use the #build sheet it does all kinds of crazy stuff. Like place the wrong items in the wrong places, completely skip items, change quality of planned items, etc. I am making sure I am in the "b" "o" menu and that I am centered where I need to be.
I tried using the examples and got the same issues. I tried turning off "planning" and produced all the items needed before running the build and it still didn't work right. Some items got placed correctly but most didn't.
Is there something I need to turn off, or maybe another plugin I need to disable?
Thanks for any help!

Edit: Well it seems like the problem has something to do with dfhack. Now I need to just figure out what plugin is causing the issue.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 02:31:01 pm by kjbrona »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It sounds like keys are being used by multiple things or the keys go to things you aren't expecting. Masterwork changes many things and dfhack has changed immensely since quickfort 2.04 was released. Plugins didn't even exist, if I remember correctly.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to automate building a 100+z level deep minecart double-helix and I've run into some problems with quickfort:

Is there a way to carve two-way ramps? I tried designating the walls behind the ramps in the quickfort template, but it wouldn't work the way it should have (like when doing it by hand...) Building them works, but I'd rather just carve them into designated ramps. Am I missing something, or should I do it manually? :(

Can't find the build commands for gears and axles. Is there such a thing? With directions? (/me crosses fingers) Also: rollers can have 2 directions in quickfort, but 4 in DF. How do I get it to push in the direction I want?

Thx,
f.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 12:19:19 am by fricy »

bezment78

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there a blueprint for a full fort not just bedrooms or other rooms ?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Well, if you use several of the blueprints, you should be able to compose most of a fort if I'm remembering right.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile

I actually made one, one actually more big than necessary. If you want it I could pass it to you.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Jon-Ace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quickfort with dfhack's planning mode (with the quickfort mode enabled as well), leads to build and query sheets becoming a big mess when activated.

Any fix?

I'm using "Expanded and Updated LNP Advanced r13".

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

You need to activate 'quickfort mode' for all the furniture you're going to place; more details HERE

Basically, it's an issue with the plugin rather than quickfort - you mighr be best asking questions about the pack over on the dedicated thread where I'm more likely to see them.  Hope that helped!
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Masterwork Guide/Videos

I am getting an error while trying to use 2.04:

http://imgur.com/WgmSsbs

Any idea what is causing this?

Edit:  I figured it out, my macros folder wasn't present so it wasn't able to put quickfort's macros in the folder.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 42