Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 42

Author Topic: [Quickfort] 2.04 released -- now with minecart track support! [DF 0.34.10]  (Read 298701 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Where is the csv from? I wouldn't be surprised if a newer version of msoffice is breaking things.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

boot101

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

That could be.  I am using Excel 2013.  I'll try an online office program here in a bit and see if it makes a difference.

Edit:  I used Google Docs to make this same layout and then downloaded it as a .csv file and it still gave me the same error message.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 08:55:40 am by boot101 »

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile

Hey everyone!  I'm trying to designate my stockpile area in Quickfort 2.04 and I keep getting this error:

Here is the associated blueprint:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/65oxkuwu4785t9j/Quantum_Stockpiles.xlsx

As far as I can tell I have designated everything correctly, it's just a simple dig blueprint, but maybe I'm missing something.  I'm a DF veteran, but not a QF one.

I'm on Windows 7 64 bit, if it makes a difference.

Found it: delete # from BD1.

boot101

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

You, sir, are a gentle-dwarf and a scholar!  Problem solved!

Epigene

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Immaculate Deception
    • View Profile
Re: [Quickfort] 2.04 released -- now with minecart track support! [DF 0.34.10]
« Reply #574 on: November 04, 2013, 03:16:18 pm »

Been using the tool with much success, though the #build function is quirky for me and the outline function keeps moving across several z-levels, but that aside..
I'd like to submit some modular blueprints for a fortress workshop, dining and sleeping quarters based on a symmetric windmill pattern, how do I do that?
It wasn't me, I was dead at the time.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: November 04, 2013, 08:30:06 pm »

Stick any blueprints up on DFFD, and PM Aklyon to get them added to the community blueprints archive
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: November 04, 2013, 08:46:50 pm »

You could stick them anywhere reasonable really, but the DFFD is the most relevant to here :)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: December 02, 2013, 10:45:33 pm »

However, this version is huge!

Haha, yes indeed the size increased rather significantly in the current release. Thank you for your research into compression and size-reduction options. I'll look into utilizing some or all of your suggestions in the next release.

As you noticed, the qfconvert stuff accounts for a lot of the size increase. A big part of that is the transition to using the numpy library within qfconvert, which makes the conversion routine run 10x-100x faster compared to older versions. Which entails the inclusion of the whole numpy library in the packaged build.

Q: Is it absolutely necessary to include the entire numpy library in your build? If nothing else, wouldn't it be possible to create and use a custom version of the numpy library that only contains the code qfconvert actually uses?

I do like the idea of releasing a "compact" version in parallel with the standard version, and if the size difference is significant enough, I will do just that. Of course for Lazy Newb Pack, including the prebuilt Python binaries would probably be a must-have, or else it would not be a simple "one click install" for many users.

I'll see what I can do :D

You have a point about how LNP users would not want install Python or figure out why it won't work if they don't already have it installed. This is a good reason to keep the Python binaries. Still... Maybe offer separate packages; one compiled and one python-dependent?

I'd love to see a GUI for Mac/Linux. Unfortunately AutoHotkey doesn't (yet) run on those platforms so it would entail a total rewrite of the GUI part of Quickfort. And as this GUI utilizes global hotkeys and a "mouse anchored tooltip" as the UI mechanism, this may require unique code for each platform (or a break from this UI paradigm).

It should be possible to make a version of your AHK (AutoHotkey) GUI scripts work for Mac/Linux with very little fuss or effort. Have you heard of IronAHK? It's a multi-platform rewrite of AHK. Most of your code should work without changes.

I was going to suggest that you release separate OS versions: one for Windows and one for Linux / Mac - leaving out qfconvert entirely from the Windows version. However, it seems you split up the old Quickfort 1.x AutoHotKey code, making it rely on qfconvert to function:

Quickfort's minimalist Windows-only "GUI" is a partial rewrite of the AutoHotKey script that was Quickfort 1.x. It has seen a number of significant improvements, such as blueprint previews and the ability to choose a worksheet from a multisheet XLS/XLSX file. It is now a "thin" GUI implementation, providing only the mousetip-based GUI and DF-keysending functionality, and relying on qfconvert for all blueprint processing and manipulation.

Perhaps, if it is as simple to convert to IronAHK as I think, you might consider merging the qfconvert functionality back into the AHK code? That's one way to save disk space. (Python is notorious for huge binaries and numerous large file dependencies.) Also, wouldn't it be easier to update just IronAHK code, rather than updating stuff in both AutoHotKey and Python code - worrying about all the libraries, dependencies, etc? Might it make future updates less tedious?

ciffer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: December 21, 2013, 02:11:59 pm »

I made this account so I can ask this one question. Anyone has any idea why QF gives me these results?

No matter if I use macro mode or key mode. It happened on several different Build blueprints. Dig and Adjust works ok.

Finndibaenn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I had this issue, and I found that this is likely caused by an azerty keyboard.
Switching input keyoard to qwerty  solved this.

kehlder

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Could you explain better how to fix this issue? I have no idea how to "change my keyboard." From what I've observed on my end, it seems like the program tries to go far too fast for itself to keep up. When I put it in keyboard mode instead of macro mode, it sometimes just skips over the locations I want my built items. Not that it doesn't stop there, it just doesn't place anything when it does stop there.

iofhua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's not working for me. I start Quickfort.exe, I get an icon in my system tray that has a pop-up that says "Quickfort Version 2.04", and then nothing happens.

My PC is a Windows XP 64-Bit machine with a 2,0ghz dual-core and 4gb of RAM. I have an anti-virus but I set the anti-virus to allow quickfort.exe so it's not being blocked. Though the anti-virus did  complain about Quickfort using a "global hook".

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's not working for me. I start Quickfort.exe, I get an icon in my system tray that has a pop-up that says "Quickfort Version 2.04", and then nothing happens.

That's exactly what should be happening. Then you have to press Alt-F to load a blueprint. The readme is your friend.

iofhua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright I'm sorry. I read "Quickfort 2.x is a utility for Dwarf Fortress, built with Python and AutoHotKey, that helps you build fortresses" and thought it was an app that would let me build fortresses. Now that I know it's useless I can un-install it. Thanks for your time.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright I'm sorry. I read "Quickfort 2.x is a utility for Dwarf Fortress, built with Python and AutoHotKey, that helps you build fortresses" and thought it was an app that would let me build fortresses. Now that I know it's useless I can un-install it. Thanks for your time.

Well, it does help you build fortresses IF you have a blueprint prepared... :D
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 42