Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 42

Author Topic: [Quickfort] 2.04 released -- now with minecart track support! [DF 0.34.10]  (Read 300623 times)

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage
Re: [Quickfort] Version 1.03 released
« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2009, 09:22:25 pm »

New version!

Download Quickfort 1.03

Just some minor adjustments to 1.02.

Code: [Select]
1.03 (2009 June 7)
* start() position can now be overriden with Alt+Q/W/A/S.
* New option ShowOutOfWindowTooltip

MP2E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2009, 01:45:21 am »

Hey thanks for this program ;D I just got done experimenting with it, and had quite a lot of fun "blueprinting" my fort and getting it all set up :P

Valdemar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2009, 04:52:21 pm »

Wow, this is an excellent extension of my previous program. I've been developing version 3.0 of my program for a while now, but to be honest I lost interest recently. You've taken over nicely.

That being said, there are some tricks I've learned while writing my incomplete version 3.0. One is a way to send keys to Dwarf Fortress without it being in the foreground so you can work on other things in the meantime. The code is:
ControlSend,, [Keys go here] ,Dwarf Fortress

I also wrote a full GUI as well as a program (also in AHK) to generate CSV files from images, with each pixel corresponding to one entry in the spreadsheet. Here's my code.

Here's a quick tour of the image processing GUI, probably the most complex part:
  • Pick the image file from the drop-down menu.
  • With the 'Use value' radio-buttons, you can select which value of each pixel will be used to determine dig or no dig - red, green, blue, or (default) the average of the three.
  • The threshold determines how dark a tile must be to be dug out. Any pixel value lower than the threshold will be interpreted as a dig command. The invert box will invert the values, so dark means no dig.
  • Using 'Preview', you can preview the image parser's interpretation of your image before writing it to a file. A '#' is not dug out, and a '.' is.

I don't have time to further develop this application to be ready for public release, but I hope the code will be useful to you in furthering the development of your version.

Thanks,
Valdemar

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2009, 04:59:10 pm »

Valdemar,

I love you.

<3s,
Ampersand
!!&!!

bjlong

• Bay Watcher
  • [INVISIBLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2009, 09:36:41 pm »

Been trying this out, and I'm having trouble. It looks like the program is skipping keystrokes. I'll try playing with the keypress duration and Delay multiplier some more, see if that helps. I'm working with Mayday version 18, on a (somewhat slow) laptop.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 09:38:16 pm by bjlong »
I hesitate to click the last spoiler tag because I expect there to be Elder Gods in it or something.

Vengeful Donut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2009, 06:48:20 am »

I remember at some point there was a utility that edits DF memory to just set the necessary tiles as designated. It was almost instant. Does anyone know what happened to that?

Valdemar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2009, 03:10:12 pm »

I remember at some point there was a utility that edits DF memory to just set the necessary tiles as designated. It was almost instant. Does anyone know what happened to that?
That was my auto-designation macro version 2.0. It was based off of Dwarf Companion, and updates to DF broke it. I tried unsuccessfully to fix it, but DC's tile edit API remained subtly broken. I think bartavelle is waiting for the next full DF release to update DC, so I'll try again when that happens.

Jhoosier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://wilcotangofoxtrot.blogspot.com
« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2009, 11:25:22 pm »

Been trying this out, and I'm having trouble. It looks like the program is skipping keystrokes. I'll try playing with the keypress duration and Delay multiplier some more, see if that helps. I'm working with Mayday version 18, on a (somewhat slow) laptop.

Man, it skips for me on a Core 2 Duo & 4GB RAM.  I set the delay to 50, and it printed the first bedroom fractal pattern fine but on the second one, the bottom half was offset 1 tile to the right.  Changed it to 70 and it works fine.  Takes a few of minutes, but it's the huge raynard fractal pattern, 110+ rooms.

To those of you who use this, please post your blueprints if you have something interesting.  I'd really like to how other people set up their forts (especially a workshop/stockpile floorplan spanning a few floors).

Vengeful Donut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2009, 08:21:52 pm »

Here are some blueprints I drew for this fort.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

bjlong

• Bay Watcher
  • [INVISIBLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2009, 09:11:10 pm »

It works now. BUT! I'm at a keypress duration of 50 and a Delay multiplier of 75.
I hesitate to click the last spoiler tag because I expect there to be Elder Gods in it or something.

shadow_slicer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 17, 2009, 11:55:58 am »

@Vengeful Donut:
I converted the images to #dig templates and put them up on the sharing site with a couple others in a "template pack".

Jhoosier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://wilcotangofoxtrot.blogspot.com
« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2009, 05:39:21 am »

@Vengeful Donut:
I converted the images to #dig templates and put them up on the sharing site with a couple others in a "template pack".

Yay.  I was just going to ask him to do that.  Now I'll have new room designs!  I've got a slick dining room swimming in my head, too.  It's gonna be ginormous.

Organ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 20, 2009, 11:33:52 pm »

The latest version of QF seems to not be packaged with the examples folder.
The fight in the dog in your what?

Praetyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2009, 12:59:19 am »

Hmm.. I've encountered a strange problem. When I ask Google Spreadsheets to export to csv, it does so correctly, but renders it in this fashion:
#dig
d,d,d,,d,d,d,,d,d,"d
",,d,d,"d
",,d,d,"d
",,d,d,"d
",,d,d,"d
",,d,d,"d
",,d,d,"d
",,d,d,"d
",#
d,d,d,,d,d,d,,d,d,"d
",,d,d,"d
",,d,d,"d
",,d,d,"d
",,d,d,"d
",,d,d,"d
",,d,d,"d
",,d,d,"d
",#
d,d,d,,d,d,d,,d,d,"d
",,d,d,"d
",,d,d,"d
",,d,d,"d
",,d,d,"d
",,d,d,"d
",,d,d,"d
",,d,d,"d
",#
,d,,,,d,,,,d,"
",,,d,"
",,,d,"
",,,d,"
",,,d,"
",,,d,"
",,,d,"
",,,d,"
",#
,d,d,d,d,d,d,d,d,d,"d
",d,d,d,"d
",d,d,d,"d
",i,d,d,"d
",d,d,d,"d
",d,d,d,"d
",d,d,d,"d
",d,d,d,"d
",#
,d,,,,d,,,,d,"
",,,d,"
",,,d,"
",,,d,"
",,,d,"
",,,d,"
",,,d,"
",,,d,"
",#
d,d,d,,d,d,d,,d,d,"d
",,d,d,"d
",,d,d,"d
",,d,d,"d
",,d,d,"d
",,d,d,"d
",,d,d,"d
",,d,d,"d
",#
d,d,d,,d,d,d,,d,d,"d
",,d,d,"d
",,d,d,"d
",,d,d,"d
",,d,d,"d
",,d,d,"d
",,d,d,"d
",,d,d,"d
",#
d,d,d,,d,d,d,,d,d,"d
",,d,d,"d
",,d,d,"d
",,d,d,"d
",,d,d,"d
",,d,d,"d
",,d,d,"d
",,d,d,"d
",#
#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#

My intent is to construct a horizontal, 20-room, one hallway bedroom block with spaces between each room for going to possible additional blocks. This block is vertical.

loopoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2009, 07:46:57 am »

I love quickfort, but couldn't you make an easier way to make blueprints? I hate using Excel cause the letters aren't perfect. The boxes are rectangular and end up confusing you, cause it makes gaps.

I'd love if you made some sort of GUI where you just Click in, or dig in (like in DF with the keyboard) the blueprint, then save it. It saves having to do all that annoying key pressing in Excel, just to find out you missed a few spots.

Would love this if someone did it. Right now i've made one blue print, but it's just too much hassle to make em, so I left it :x

A big black box that you can scroll around in, then you just designate it like in Dwarf Fortress. Using the keyboard and enter key. And it colours it in brown.

My only complaint about this is if the blue print went off the side of the screen, it would mess up.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 42