Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 42

Author Topic: [Quickfort] 2.04 released -- now with minecart track support! [DF 0.34.10]  (Read 300314 times)

DennyTom

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Urist!!
    • View Profile
Re: [Quickfort] Version 1.03 released
« Reply #75 on: June 21, 2009, 07:57:38 am »

You can use some bitmap editor and convert *.bmp using GUI
It is so much easier to measure life in experience points...

Xinael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2009, 02:29:29 pm »

If you set the columns and rows to similar sizes you can get excel looking pretty good. From there you can use copy and paste to speed up your typing, especially if your design has repeated elements or tessellations. The thing you have to remember is that while it might take you a little while to make your blueprint, it's still going to quicker than trying to designate a complex design in DF.

Jurph

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Belt-fed Weaponry
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 23, 2009, 07:15:03 pm »

Oh man, now I've got to post a .BMP from my mega-dormplex as well.  I'll be back in a little bit. 
Edited to add three images (sub-dorm, rotated sub-dorm, and the megaplex with dining hall / storage area designated) :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyone feel like creating the following files for the masses?

circle-9.bmp
circle-11.bmp
circle-13.bmp
circle-33.bmp

Having all of the odd-diameter circles come standard with the program (or better yet, a "draw circle of diameter X" function) would be incredibly useful.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 08:02:34 pm by Jurph »
Dreambrother has my original hammer-shaped Great Hall.  Towerweak has taken the idea to the next level.

Im_Sparks

• Bay Watcher
  • Half man. Half machine. All messiah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 24, 2009, 02:46:18 pm »

Excuse me gents, but could someone please be so kind as to make a quickfort-compatible version of this? I mean if it wouldn't be too much trouble for you..

Building 1
Building 2
Building 3

And this bedroom/dining room complex

If anyone's curious as to why, I'm making a dwarven "city", called "Fort Verona". It is going to be the source of my dwarven epic which will be possible in the next version with burrows. I can't tell you much about it other than that, but it will be epic, and have screenshots on every page. It's to entertain you and I over the summer.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 02:47:57 pm by Im_Sparks »
Well treat me like the disease like the rats and the fleas, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Well treat me like the sea oh so salty and mean, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Let's shake hands if you want but soon both hands are gone, A-ha-ha!
Cut me down like a tree like the lumber or weeds, well discard who you please like the leaves off a tree. Drag me out of the sea and then teach me to breath. Give me forced health till I wish death on myself. Ah! Ha! Ha!
March on! March on! March on! March on! MARCH ON!

Jurph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 25, 2009, 06:56:37 am »

Another quick contribution - some clover dorms and the four subdorm items in case you just want to line your halls with the subdorm wings.  The semi-circular room makes a nice barracks or dining hall.  The quarter circles are nice for storage.  I've left the 3x3 bedrooms unconnected; I typically dig out a few 3x7 and 7x7 rooms for wealthier occupants.

Dreambrother has my original hammer-shaped Great Hall.  Towerweak has taken the idea to the next level.

L0rdSt3v3

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 26, 2009, 08:43:45 am »

I've got a problem with the blueprints from http://drop.io/quickfort#list/sort_by_name/order_by_asc/180 everytime I start quickfort and let it build something it moves some colums tiles away. at first i thought that it was a problem with the blueprints but it happens with nearly every blueprint.
Maybe someone can help me.

Angellus

« Reply #81 on: June 26, 2009, 07:10:42 pm »

Brilliant, I so love the way everytime I've been away for a while there is something brilliant and new!
Looks great, will use it once I start again :D

Maybe a manual for creating your own chamber files? It would make it far greater!

Xinael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2009, 07:07:38 am »

It's all explained in the readme. The clue's in the name.

And to all the people asking for blueprints, stop being so lazy :P

Koji

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold
    • View Profile
Re: Quickfort construction tool
« Reply #83 on: June 27, 2009, 07:40:39 am »

Looks nice, I'm gonna try this out.  Too bad there's no way to specify floor tiles/colors.

joelpt:  what graphics set are you using?  And where can I get it?

http://mayday.w.staszic.waw.pl/df.php Comes pre-packaged, so there's no guesswork involved.
Dwarvenrealms
ASCII | Graphical
Over 220 new creatures, new civs, new industries, and a fully customized tileset!

Angellus

« Reply #84 on: June 28, 2009, 03:33:48 am »

I have just tried my hand at this, but it goed straight towards the recording menu in DF, I thought it might be an error in my created csv, but I cannot find errors. I would appreciate help a lot.

Below is a link to the living pods I copied from the wiki, I set it up myself, so it can easily contain errors.

http://drop.io/quickfort/asset/living-pods-debugver-csv

Thanks.

Jhoosier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://wilcotangofoxtrot.blogspot.com
« Reply #85 on: June 28, 2009, 09:23:06 am »

I've got a problem with the blueprints from http://drop.io/quickfort#list/sort_by_name/order_by_asc/180 everytime I start quickfort and let it build something it moves some colums tiles away. at first i thought that it was a problem with the blueprints but it happens with nearly every blueprint.
Maybe someone can help me.

You need to change the DelayMultiplier in the options file.  I had this problem quite often, and it never went away til I changed it to about 75.  It's not the speediest, but it does faster than I can.

Im_Sparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 28, 2009, 12:25:19 pm »

Excuse me gents, but could someone please be so kind as to make a quickfort-compatible version of this? I mean if it wouldn't be too much trouble for you..

Building 1
Building 2
Building 3

And this bedroom/dining room complex

Just wondering if you can fill this request. I'll change the images to blueprints.

Please keep in mind all my buildings are modular, so yeah.
Cut me down like a tree like the lumber or weeds, well discard who you please like the leaves off a tree. Drag me out of the sea and then teach me to breath. Give me forced health till I wish death on myself. Ah! Ha! Ha!

Jurph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 28, 2009, 02:24:59 pm »

Just wondering if you can fill this request. I'll change the images to blueprints.

Check the Drop.io site.  I just uploaded "Jurph's Modular and Fractal Bedrooms Expansion Pack" which includes my Clover dorms, my Whiteoak dorms, and your requested modular rooms.  I added a few more variants to your room setup.  I named them as follows:

Zero - hallways only / no rooms
One through Four as requested
Hex - six 3x3 rooms with no connection to the exterior

I predict that you'll get the most mileage out of Hex because it's pretty trivial to drop a bunch of Hex rooms in and then manually add doorways where you want them.

Angellus

« Reply #88 on: June 28, 2009, 05:07:45 pm »

I have just tried my hand at this, but it goed straight towards the recording menu in DF, I thought it might be an error in my created csv, but I cannot find errors. I would appreciate help a lot.

Below is a link to the living pods I copied from the wiki, I set it up myself, so it can easily contain errors.

http://drop.io/quickfort/asset/living-pods-debugver-csv

Thanks.
Maybe I did something wrong? (I started the file while in dig mode, cursor at the wanted location.)

Im_Sparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 28, 2009, 08:53:50 pm »

Check the Drop.io site.  I just uploaded "Jurph's Modular and Fractal Bedrooms Expansion Pack" which includes my Clover dorms, my Whiteoak dorms, and your requested modular rooms.  I added a few more variants to your room setup.  I named them as follows:

Zero - hallways only / no rooms
One through Four as requested
Hex - six 3x3 rooms with no connection to the exterior

I predict that you'll get the most mileage out of Hex because it's pretty trivial to drop a bunch of Hex rooms in and then manually add doorways where you want them.

GEE, THANKS MR. INTERNET!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 42