Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 42

Author Topic: [Quickfort] 2.04 released -- now with minecart track support! [DF 0.34.10]  (Read 300598 times)

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage
Re: [Quickfort] Version 2.01 released -- DF 31.25 compatible
« Reply #390 on: October 07, 2011, 05:24:32 am »

is it possible to use this tool to designate separate low value, (2-10), mid (15-20), high (25-30) and rare (40-60) stockpiles on separate places with a blueprint? I hate to always set up these stockpiles myself to see what my dorfs found in the deeps. If so, can you tip me about the script?

This is possible using QF's aliases.txt and a #query blueprint. Look at the included aliases.txt aliases 'artifacts', 'noartifacts', and 'junkgoods' to get an idea of how you do this. Also look at the Blueprints/TheQuickFortress/basic-*.csv blueprints to see an example of placing stockpiles in one blueprint and adjusting them in another.

DwarfRaiden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 07, 2011, 12:24:49 pm »

is it possible to use this tool to designate separate low value, (2-10), mid (15-20), high (25-30) and rare (40-60) stockpiles on separate places with a blueprint? I hate to always set up these stockpiles myself to see what my dorfs found in the deeps. If so, can you tip me about the script?

This is possible using QF's aliases.txt and a #query blueprint. Look at the included aliases.txt aliases 'artifacts', 'noartifacts', and 'junkgoods' to get an idea of how you do this. Also look at the Blueprints/TheQuickFortress/basic-*.csv blueprints to see an example of placing stockpiles in one blueprint and adjusting them in another.

THanks, that sounds easy enough, Ill take a look!

Pseudo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 08, 2011, 11:07:53 pm »

...[F]or some reason youtube really likes to screw up the video for the first 15 seconds. Fine on my local machine, but no amount of reuploads seems to fix it after youtube does its conversion magic.

The video looks at first glance to be missing the first keyframe... Yep - looking around Youtube apperently has issues with B-frames.
The lady the dog the paper the boy writ hit bit knit.

English is weird.

rosareven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 11, 2011, 08:18:07 pm »

For people like me who can't remember all the keys and don't want to go through the menu in game to make the CSV, Wilfrey has made a key chart so that you can see all options in a glance while you make the CSV:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=61850.0

Also, thank you so much for this awesome tool. I can pretend I'm playing DF on Excel!!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 09:35:35 pm by rosareven »

OasiS

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 03, 2011, 10:03:23 pm »

Hi, just for the people interested, I decided to go completely overboard with the raynard fractal bedroom design :)
Here is the download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?ztmkvvf263n5c96

In case you are wondering if this has been done before: this one has not.
I expanded the standard design to a 324 bedroom design. Of course I will never need that many bedrooms, but nobles can use multiple, and this way I only have to have one z-level for my bedrooms.

*Warning* the thing is huge, almost as big as a 4x4 map.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 04, 2011, 02:26:38 pm »

Does this link work?
http://www.mediafire.com/?oujvalbb0sggp

It should open to a folder with the Quickfort.rar and OasiS' .xls file in it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage
« Reply #396 on: November 05, 2011, 11:12:12 pm »

Hi, just for the people interested, I decided to go completely overboard with the raynard fractal bedroom design :)

That's pretty.

Any plans to write a #build blueprint to go with this? :D

Does this link work?
Worked for me.

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage
« Reply #397 on: November 05, 2011, 11:39:55 pm »

Hi all,

Just a quick update here on the next Quickfort version. It should be out in a few days. 

The main new feature is manual material selection, which works great though it's definitely still "experimental". 8)

Also new are the Alt+R transform commands "phase=..." (overrides the blueprint's #phase) and "s/pattern/replacement/" (search and replace in cells). These have some nifty synergies with the manual material selection stuff as well.

On a less bright note, I've decided to drop the Modular blueprint set from this upcoming release - again. I've developed about 20 functional 11x11 Modular blueprints that all work. However, what I've found is that working with Quickfort and these 11x11 sized blueprints tends to get very tedious.

Because 11x11 is quite small, I find myself spending a lot more time manipulating QF to pick-and-play these blueprints than I ever did with (for instance) TheQuickFortress blueprints. Those blueprints were around 30x20 in size -- meaning it takes about six 11x11 Modular blueprint designations to accomplish the same effect as one TheQuickFortress blueprint designation. Multiply that by the multiple phases per blueprint (dig/build/place/query) which you have to continually switch between, and you start to see the problem.

So, while the Modular stuff won't be part of the release, I will probably just package up the Modular blueprints I've completed so far and release them as a separate .zip file for those who are interested in contributing or just using.

OasiS

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 06, 2011, 08:48:48 am »

That's pretty.

Any plans to write a #build blueprint to go with this? :D

As of now, it isn't looking like I will, sorry, maybe someone else can make that.

moisesjns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: December 10, 2011, 10:30:35 pm »

question how do you exactly use up down stairs? a lot of the blueprints have these placed as x's and yet i never can build them myself.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: December 10, 2011, 10:39:00 pm »

question how do you exactly use up down stairs? a lot of the blueprints have these placed as x's and yet i never can build them myself.
Up/down stairs are in the same build menu in DF as the plain up and plain down stairs.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage
« Reply #401 on: December 12, 2011, 07:22:19 pm »

Up/down stairs are built with the "i" command in the designate menu.

They're a bit odd as they cannot be built on the surface level; you can only build them underground where you have "non built wall" tiles (not yet dug out). As a result you have to build down-stairs on the surface level, and then you can build any number of up/down stairs below that to make a stairway to the surface.

http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/40d:Stairs#Creating_up.2Fdown_stairs

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage
Re: [Quickfort] Version 2.02 released
« Reply #402 on: December 12, 2011, 10:05:00 pm »

Hi folks, here's the next release of Quickfort.

This version's main new feature is manual material selection (still considered an experimental feature). See below for more details.

Download Quickfort 2.02
Online user manual
Issue tracker

What's New in v2.02:
  • (EXPERIMENTAL) Manual material selection added! Windows only. See user manual for details, or try Blueprints/Tests/manual-bullseye.csv in Quickfort
  • New transformation command: phase=... (changes blueprint build phase)
  • New transformation command: s/pat/repl/ (search-and-replace cells with regex)
  • On Windows, Quickfort will now check that [MACRO_MS:0] is set in the running DF's data/init/init.txt and offer to change it for the user if not
  • Fixed issue with multilevel #build blueprints not plotting right (GoingTharn)
  • Fixed issue with bridges and roads being given the wrong number of materials (they use #Tiles / 4 + 1 mats rather than just #Tiles)
  • Added "qfconvert.py --mode=csv" output mode, to transform CSV files into new CSV files
  • Switched to Python 2.7 and cxfreeze
  • Commented options/buildconfig.json and options/keys.json for those who wish to read or modify these files
  • Allow Alt+T commands to start with a #, e.g. #dig d,d,d
  • Added config/matselect-(1,2,3).wav used during manual mat selection; these can be changed or removed
  • Dropped EnableSafetyAbort option/function; QF now just checks that the DF window is focused before sending keystrokes, or waits until it is
  • Various smaller fixes and tweaks

See the next post for the Modular blueprints set.

Please give the manual materials feature a spin and let me know if you experience any issues.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 10:25:57 pm by joelpt »

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage
Re: [Quickfort] 2.02 released -- now with material selection! [DF 31.25]
« Reply #403 on: December 12, 2011, 10:18:15 pm »

For those of you who are interested, I have packaged up my work-in-progress on the Modular blueprints for download.

Download Modular blueprint set (2011-12-12 edition)

The 11x11 size has the most blueprints, comprising perhaps 60% of the blueprints one might need to build a complete functioning fortress. The 15x15 and 30x30 sizes just have a few blueprints each.

While I am very open to anybody continuing this work or adapting it, I'll refer you to my earlier decision not to include the 11x11 size Modular blueprints as part of the main QF distribution (quoted below).

That being said, if we ever manage to get a complete working set (at any given dimensions) I would definitely include as part of future QF releases.

On a less bright note, I've decided to drop the Modular blueprint set from this upcoming release - again. I've developed about 20 functional 11x11 Modular blueprints that all work. However, what I've found is that working with Quickfort and these 11x11 sized blueprints tends to get very tedious.

Because 11x11 is quite small, I find myself spending a lot more time manipulating QF to pick-and-play these blueprints than I ever did with (for instance) TheQuickFortress blueprints. Those blueprints were around 30x20 in size -- meaning it takes about six 11x11 Modular blueprint designations to accomplish the same effect as one TheQuickFortress blueprint designation. Multiply that by the multiple phases per blueprint (dig/build/place/query) which you have to continually switch between, and you start to see the problem.

Pletske

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [Quickfort] 2.02 released -- now with material selection! [DF 31.25]
« Reply #404 on: December 18, 2011, 05:38:12 am »

Some feedback on the material selector ... it doens't work with me...
It manages to select the right materials, but de building plans are torn to pieces and get scattered all over the map. Even the starting position gets moved.
If it doesn't reach the end of the map or other constructions it often says it runs out of the specific building material, while there is more than enough available on the map. It offers you to select another material but the error returns no matter what material I selected.

I also used "/manual-bullseye.csv", so it shouldn't be a mistake in my .csv file.

Good luck fixing it, im looking forward to use it!

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 42