Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 42

Author Topic: [Quickfort] 2.04 released -- now with minecart track support! [DF 0.34.10]  (Read 298737 times)

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage
Re: [Quickfort] 2.02 released -- now with material selection! [DF 31.25]
« Reply #405 on: December 21, 2011, 09:51:32 pm »

Some feedback on the material selector ... it doens't work with me...
Hmm. Would you be willing to zip up your DF installation and savegame that you are experiencing the problem with and ship it to me at qfmat@joelpt.net? This will probably be the easiest way for me to identify what's going awry.

Jon-Ace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: December 26, 2011, 11:46:45 pm »

I'm having trouble with a query blueprint. I've set it to set beds in a particular design as bedrooms (ie: r where beds are). The footprint is correct, but when I play it, it goes out of whack with the views going all over the place and then ending a little northwest of the original cursor placement.

I've triple checked the blueprint. No errors on my part.

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage
« Reply #407 on: December 27, 2011, 12:38:08 am »

I'm having trouble with a query blueprint. I've set it to set beds in a particular design as bedrooms (ie: r where beds are). The footprint is correct, but when I play it, it goes out of whack with the views going all over the place and then ending a little northwest of the original cursor placement.

I'll take a look. Please post the blueprint that's giving you trouble if you can. Thanks!

Jon-Ace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: December 27, 2011, 02:35:10 pm »

I'll take a look. Please post the blueprint that's giving you trouble if you can. Thanks!

Google docs:
http://bit.ly/vXZiUL

Thank you!

Blailus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 08, 2012, 11:17:01 am »

I'm having the same problem. My old blueprints that had

Code: [Select]
#query
r+`r+`r+

used to work fine, and now it seems like it never sends the enter key to the macro to finish designating the first room.

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage
« Reply #410 on: January 10, 2012, 11:50:03 am »

OK, found the problem and fixed it. Will post an updated Quickfort.zip shortly with the fix in place.

If you don't want to download a whole new zip you can alternately just make this change:

In config/buildconfig.json, change line 141 from
        "designate": ["moveto", "cmd", "setsize"],
to
        "designate": ["moveto", "cmd", "setsize", "&"],

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage
Re: [Quickfort] 2.03 released -- now with material selection! [DF 31.25]
« Reply #411 on: January 10, 2012, 11:54:14 am »

Just a bugfix release of Quickfort here.

Download Quickfort 2.03
Online user manual
Issue tracker

What's New in v2.03:
  • Fixed problem with #query blueprints not playing back correctly

There may still be an issue with the new material-selection stuff, but so far I have not been able to reproduce the problem reported above by Pletske.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Quickfort] Version 2.01 released -- DF 31.25 compatible
« Reply #412 on: January 13, 2012, 08:44:46 am »

They're a bit odd as they cannot be built on the surface level; you can only build them underground where you have "non built wall" tiles (not yet dug out).

You can build them (the constructed version) in Open Space, FYI.

Taeraresh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: January 16, 2012, 09:34:08 am »

I've been playing with Quickfort for a few days now, and I'm finding it really useful, but I'm having some trouble getting everything to work.
My digging blueprints are working fine, though I haven't tried anything really complicated yet, but my building prints just refuse to work.
I've tried using both .csv and .xls files as sources (both generated by OpenOffice), but that didn't seem to change anything. Every time I run the build blueprint, it places the first bedroom's furniture correctly, then seemingly just spews the rest of the furniture all over the map.

My dig and (very cut-down for testing) build .xls files are at http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5370. I know they can be different sheets in the same file, but I was trying to eliminate that as a cause of the problems I'm having. I'm running qfconvert.py directly from the command line, on MacOS 10.6.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd be very appreciative. It's probably just me getting something very simple completely wrong.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 09:38:37 am by Taeraresh »

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage
« Reply #414 on: January 16, 2012, 01:56:16 pm »

I've been playing with Quickfort for a few days now, and I'm finding it really useful, but I'm having some trouble getting everything to work.
My digging blueprints are working fine, though I haven't tried anything really complicated yet, but my building prints just refuse to work.
I've tried using both .csv and .xls files as sources (both generated by OpenOffice), but that didn't seem to change anything. Every time I run the build blueprint, it places the first bedroom's furniture correctly, then seemingly just spews the rest of the furniture all over the map.

My dig and (very cut-down for testing) build .xls files are at http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5370. I know they can be different sheets in the same file, but I was trying to eliminate that as a cause of the problems I'm having. I'm running qfconvert.py directly from the command line, on MacOS 10.6.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd be very appreciative. It's probably just me getting something very simple completely wrong.
I just ran your blueprints here and was able to run your 4-room #build blueprint successfully on the latest QF version 2.03.

Are you using QF version 2.03? Are you using DF version 0.31.25? Are you using DF's default interface.txt unmodified? Are you sure you have adequate constructables available (f:8, c:4, b:4, d:4, t:4)?

If yes to all of the above, can you PM me the .mak file that is generated when you run "qfconvert.py bedrooms-build.xls > test.mak"? I'll compare it with what my qfconvert is outputting here and see if there is any difference.

Taeraresh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: January 16, 2012, 05:11:32 pm »

I just ran your blueprints here and was able to run your 4-room #build blueprint successfully on the latest QF version 2.03.

Are you using QF version 2.03? Are you using DF version 0.31.25? Are you using DF's default interface.txt unmodified? Are you sure you have adequate constructables available (f:8, c:4, b:4, d:4, t:4)?

If yes to all of the above, can you PM me the .mak file that is generated when you run "qfconvert.py bedrooms-build.xls > test.mak"? I'll compare it with what my qfconvert is outputting here and see if there is any difference.

I am using QF 2.03, DF 0.31.25, and I have more than enough of the furniture available. I haven't modified interface.txt to the best of my knowledge.
I normally use Mayday, but testing shows that the blueprints work fine in a 'vanilla' DF install, and using the Phoebus graphics set. It must be something odd with either Mayday, or my installation of it. Any ideas for other stuff to check? I copied the vanilla interface.txt to my Mayday install, just in case, but that didn't fix the problem.

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage
« Reply #416 on: January 17, 2012, 12:29:38 pm »

I am using QF 2.03, DF 0.31.25, and I have more than enough of the furniture available. I haven't modified interface.txt to the best of my knowledge.
I normally use Mayday, but testing shows that the blueprints work fine in a 'vanilla' DF install, and using the Phoebus graphics set. It must be something odd with either Mayday, or my installation of it. Any ideas for other stuff to check? I copied the vanilla interface.txt to my Mayday install, just in case, but that didn't fix the problem.

Hmm, very strange. I would really have thought interface.txt could be the only thing that would cause them to behave differently.

Can you do a directory-to-directory comparison to see what files differ between the two installs? That may nail down exactly what the cause is.

I'm not too familiar with how to accomplish this on a Mac, but these two links seem promising:
http://www.deltopia.com/compare-merge-sync/macosx/
http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20070408062023352

Tecknojock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: January 19, 2012, 11:52:31 pm »

I'm having trouble getting the material selector working properly. My design will build if I don't designate a material, but when I do, it always stops with this message: "Error:Quickfort timed out waiting for DF menu. Aborting playback."

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage
« Reply #418 on: January 20, 2012, 11:22:25 am »

I'm having trouble getting the material selector working properly. My design will build if I don't designate a material, but when I do, it always stops with this message: "Error:Quickfort timed out waiting for DF menu. Aborting playback."
Are you going through the "click to the left / click to the right" mat-picking process before you get this error?

Can you send me the CSV file you are using? Also if possible, can you take a screenshot of your Dwarf Fortress window when the error happens or just before? That may show me what's going off the rails.

Tecknojock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: January 20, 2012, 11:49:24 am »

Yep it happens after the first wall is placed after i selected the material. I'll frap it when I get home and throw it on YouTube.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 42