Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 42

Author Topic: [Quickfort] 2.04 released -- now with minecart track support! [DF 0.34.10]  (Read 298709 times)

VenomIreland

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did you extract them from the archive first?

Yes, the CSV files are sitting in their own folders in my Downloads folder.

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage

Did you extract them from the archive first?

Yes, the CSV files are sitting in their own folders in my Downloads folder.
What is the exact *blueprint location* that is reported in the error?

I'm wondering if this is some oddness with how Windows aliases the My Downloads/My Documents folders.

VenomIreland

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What is the exact *blueprint location* that is reported in the error?

I'm wondering if this is some oddness with how Windows aliases the My Downloads/My Documents folders.
Most recent one I tried is:
U:\Users\Sean\Downloads\blueprints\blueprints\Circle Pack\circle21.csv

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Try taking out one of the \blueprints\ folders.
So you have U:\Users\Sean\Downloads\blueprints\Circle Pack\circle21.csv
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

VenomIreland

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Try taking out one of the \blueprints\ folders.
So you have U:\Users\Sean\Downloads\blueprints\Circle Pack\circle21.csv

Didn't work, I also tried renaming "Circle Pack" to "Circle_Pack", moving it to the root of my U drive and then moving it to the root of my C drive, but neither worked.

VenomIreland

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, I did a check on a few blueprints in each folder in the community blueprints collection.

It seems the ones in Circle Pack, Jurph's Fractal and Modular Expansion Pack, Large Diagonal Hallways and templates do not work correctly, all giving the same error indicated in my previous posts.

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage

Okay, I did a check on a few blueprints in each folder in the community blueprints collection.

It seems the ones in Circle Pack, Jurph's Fractal and Modular Expansion Pack, Large Diagonal Hallways and templates do not work correctly, all giving the same error indicated in my previous posts.
Thanks for investigating that. This should make it much easier to track down what's gone awry.

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage

Apologies for the delayed release of the next version of Quickfort. All my coding time has been consumed by another project (the coolest Chrome extension you may ever see  8)) and I haven't made any time for Quickfort.

Fortunately, a new DF version was released in the meantime with minecarts and tracks (!!!). So I will make sure the next QF release supports those properly.

BTW, if you'd be interested in being an alpha/beta tester of my completely unrelated Chrome extension in about 3 weeks, send me a PM. It's basically a page-tree sidebar in the spirit of Firefox's Tree Style Tabs, but with some really nifty extra functionality.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

2 DF updates, joelpt :)
Also, PM me if I need to change anything in the blueprints pack (or just grab it and do it yourself and throw it at me, either way works)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Robik

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

And this is error that I got from quickfort:

Code: [Select]
---------------------------
Quickfort.exe
Error reading blueprint information from qfconvert.py output file D:\games\LazyNewbPack last\LNP\Utilities\2-Advanced\Quickfort\Quickfort 2.03\~qf120321181850.tmp
OK   

I have same error in new version of Quickfort. Version 2.01 work fine though.

I solved this issue for me by changing the delimiter character in parse loop in function GetBlueprintInfo in blueprints.ahk, original "crossed c" somehow ended like regular c while the program was running and this broke whole parsing.

I can share new Quickfort.exe somewhere if anyone is interested. Just download original 2.03 and replace the file.

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage

And this is error that I got from quickfort:

Code: [Select]
Quickfort.exe
Error reading blueprint information from qfconvert.py output file D:\games\LazyNewbPack last\LNP\Utilities\2-Advanced\Quickfort\Quickfort 2.03\~qf120321181850.tmp
OK   

I have same error in new version of Quickfort. Version 2.01 work fine though.

I solved this issue for me by changing the delimiter character in parse loop in function GetBlueprintInfo in blueprints.ahk, original "crossed c" somehow ended like regular c while the program was running and this broke whole parsing.

I can share new Quickfort.exe somewhere if anyone is interested. Just download original 2.03 and replace the file.
Nice find! I will change that (and/or find a better solution than using a weird char there) in next version.

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage

Quickfort 2.04 is released -- DF 0.34.10 compatible!

The main new feature is compatibility with DF 0.34.10, and minecart track support. Some new aliases have been created which will greatly simplify the process of putting together tracks in blueprints; see the the section about minecart tracks in the user manual for details.

This release also fixes a number of issues reported in this thread. VenomIreland's problem with some community blueprints not working is fixed; the problem turned out to be that these blueprints didn't have a first line like "#dig". If Quickfort doesn't find such a first line it will now just assume that #dig is desired. Robik's discovery of the "cent symbol" problem should also be fixed for good.

Lastly, the performance of qfconvert has been greatly improved. The conversion process is now 10-20x faster, maybe more; this is the "Thinking..." phase seen after you hit Alt+D in Quickfort on Windows. Especially if you use large blueprints, you'll see an obvious speed increase. This change actually accounts for the majority of work done this release, and brought with it a number of bug fixes, optimizations, and generally cleaner Python code.

I have also tested material-selection in this version and it continues to work flawlessly for me. I have been unable to reproduce Pletske's problem.

Starting with this release, I have migrated the Quickfort source code repository and issue tracker over to Github. The old Google Code project will be deleted soon, after I migrate all the issues in its tracker over to Github. Please use the new Github issue tracker for any new issues going forward.

Download Quickfort 2.04
Online user manual
Issue tracker

What's New in v2.04 (2012 May 29):
  • Added support and aliases for mine tracks; see related section in README
  • Verified compatibility with DF 0.34.10
  • Conversion process is now 10-20x faster (the 'thinking' phase)
  • Eliminated issues with 'cent' character being used in QFAHK code (Robik)
  • Support aliases with expansion syntax, e.g. `trackNS(2x10)`
  • Assume #dig for blueprints with no #phase top line (VenomIreland)
  • Numerous other bug fixes and cleanup

Have fun, and as always, let me know of any problems!

MOK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hm... When I hit the mediafire community blueprints, I don't see anything in there.  My end, or a mediafire problem?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

THere should be a 'blueprints.rar' downloadable.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

junkcheese

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

What is the correct way to represent

Hives alt-h
Stone slabs alt-s
Floor bars alt-b

into build blueprints
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 42