Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 42

Author Topic: [Quickfort] 2.04 released -- now with minecart track support! [DF 0.34.10]  (Read 298696 times)

wrajjt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, you can. Read the manual, of if you are really lazy read this:

Specifying a starting position
------------------------------

You can optionally specify a cursor starting position for a particular
blueprint, simplifying the task of blueprint alignment. This can be helpful
for blueprints that are based on a central staircase, for example.

To specify a cursor starting position, use the following modified format
for the header line of your blueprint:

#mode start(X;Y;STARTCOMMENT) comment

where X and Y specify the starting cursor position (1;1 is the top left cell)
and STARTCOMMENT (optional) is a description displayed to the QF user of
where to position their cursor. This description appears in the pre-playback
mouse tooltip.

A couple examples:

#dig start(3; 3; Center tile of a 5-tile square) Regular blueprint comment
    #build start(10;15)

When a start() parameter is found in a CSV file, the normal Alt+Q/W/A/S
keys will override (ignore) said parameter. Alt+Z will un-ignore the start()
parameter.

See Blueprints/Tests/starting-position.csv for a simple example.
The Blueprints/TheQuickFortress/*.csv examples all utilize start().

Thank you. I was simply hoping there was a less convulated way of doing it, considering I have 16 blueprints of different sizes to modify.

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage

Oh carp... using ahk, this happens every time I try to select a blue print. Any blue print.

Oh carp. I forgot that if you use quickfort.ahk it expects you to have Python installed.

Well, if you still want to keep going down this road, you can install Python from http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.7.3/python-2.7.3.msi ... you *might* have to restart your box afterwards so that your system PATH variable picks up the path to python.exe, though just restarting quickfort.ahk may be sufficient.

I have a growing suspicion that you're gonna wind up with the same error anyway though.

Ok, I'm using the .exe qf uses about 12 mb and df uses around 1gb (its a big map, 6x6 or 7x7 can't remember). I select a regular blueprint to clear out of threes and bushes the surface and it works. The amount of memory don't change.
Next I select the blueprint for building a perimeter wall with four archer towers and bang, the error. But the memory of both df and qf remains the nominal though.

OK, well I suppose that's a good sign.

At this point I'm going to need to spend some time digging into the problematic code and tracking down what the cause may be. Unfortunately I am not all that familiar with exactly how this chunk of code works; it was pretty much a copy-and-paste-and-tweak job to get that screen-clipping function in there. On the plus side I have a few ideas for things to try, and a forum of hardcore AHKers to harass for help as well.

If you're willing, when I get some of those potential fixes in, I would like to send you a special build of quickfort.exe for you to test on the box that is giving the errors, to see if the fixes took.

Also, are you playing DF at work?!!  :P

Quote from: Aklyon
Could you translate the Specifically: part, for reference?

"The system cannot find the file specified."

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage

Thank you. I was simply hoping there was a less convulated way of doing it, considering I have 16 blueprints of different sizes to modify.

I previously considered allowing you to specify percentages to the start() parameter, i.e. #dig start(50%;50%), but I decided not to because for blueprints with an even number of rows or cols, where 50% is would be indeterminate; is the center column of a 10-wide blueprint column 5 or column 6?

For the same reason I have not added a hotkey like Alt+QWAS for setting a "center cell" start position on the fly.

wrajjt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I previously considered allowing you to specify percentages to the start() parameter, i.e. #dig start(50%;50%), but I decided not to because for blueprints with an even number of rows or cols, where 50% is would be indeterminate; is the center column of a 10-wide blueprint column 5 or column 6?

For the same reason I have not added a hotkey like Alt+QWAS for setting a "center cell" start position on the fly.

Next I pondered using PaintFortress to create new circular blueprints (PF allows you to simply click a tile/pixel and have the blueprint center around it) but I keep getting error messages when trying to use those blueprints in QF, so screw it :P No circular stalagmites/tites for me.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile

Ok, now I can use the AHK, I'll try to reproduce the error with it.

And sure, no problem. I can help you to test it no problemo!

And yeap, I play DF everywhere I can! :P
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Laggy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maybe not the right place to ask, but are there any better ways of making blueprints outside of spreadsheets?

I don't have excel, but using Open Office I just can't get the "feel" for how my design looks just from the designation letters on a grid.

I basically want to set up a multi-layer workshop area (-1 z level = raw material stockpiles, 0 z-level = workshops, +1 z-level = finished goods), but its hard to get the visualization.

Also, random question that I could answer by testing, but since it's time for sleep, maybe someone will be kind enough to answer for me: for multiple z-level designs in a single blue-print, ie the simple spiral staircase
Code: [Select]
#dig
ju#
uj#
#>#
uj#
ju#
###

I assume it works downwards, correct?  Meaning that the first set of designations goes on the highest floor, and each successive set goes 1 z-level down?

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are there any better ways of making blueprints outside of spreadsheets?
Do you know of Chromafort, Webfort, Paintfort and DFHelper (that one is quite new I believe)? Google and the forum search function should help you find them.
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105376.0

ralphile

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I've just recently started using Quickfort and have immediately run into a problem:  I can place my blueprint (Alt + D) but once it's finished my [Esc] key no longer works, and neither to the + and - keys, so I can't back out of the designate menu and get on with the game, or even save it and restart.  I've tried suspending and quitting Quickfort but it makes no difference. 

Am I missing something obvious, or has anyone else had this problem?  I'm using the latest version of DF and QF, and the Phoebus tileset.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Laptop or normal keyboard?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

ralphile

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Normal QWERTY keyboard.

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage

I've just recently started using Quickfort and have immediately run into a problem:  I can place my blueprint (Alt + D) but once it's finished my [Esc] key no longer works, and neither to the + and - keys, so I can't back out of the designate menu and get on with the game, or even save it and restart.  I've tried suspending and quitting Quickfort but it makes no difference. 

Am I missing something obvious, or has anyone else had this problem?  I'm using the latest version of DF and QF, and the Phoebus tileset.
* After it finishes try tapping each of the Alt, Shift, and Ctrl keys once each (I mean tap each of the 2 Alt keys once, etc.). Do the keys start working after that?
* Try toggling QF over to 'keys' mode by pressing Alt+K then do your designation(s). Does that fix the problem?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 07:29:16 pm by joelpt »

ralphile

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

The problem seems to have resolved itself... not sure why, but today after I loaded up a blueprint all the keys worked fine.  Thanks for your help anyway - I'll have something to try if it ever happens again.  Quickfort is brilliant, by the way!

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage

Shameless self-promotion: I've just released my big Google Chrome extension that I have been working on for over 2 years now. Thought some of you might like to check it out.

Sidewise - a proper Tree Style Tabs sidebar for Google Chrome
Project homepage

In a nutshell, it's a dockable sidebar for Chrome featuring Tree Style Tabs and 'tab hibernation' plus a bunch of other goodies. Check it out! :)

kalamus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I started working on a visual designer for QuickFort yesterday for just the basic dig tools. I've got it to a point I'm happy with now and figured I'd toss it out there for anyone that wanted to use it. It only does dig, channel, upstair, downstair, updownstair, and upramp options because that was all I needed to get my fortress base layout down. It's as is right now and I might add more to it later but I want to get back to gaming  :) .

Sadly this will probably only work on Windows because it's will need .Net 4.0 as well as XNA 4.0 runtime libraries (google them) to run. Sorry.

Image: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8339371/qfd.png

Download: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8339371/QFD.zip
Source: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8339371/QFD_Source.zip

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Does it work if you stick it in WINE? If it does it'll technically also work on Linux.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 42