Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 42

Author Topic: [Quickfort] 2.04 released -- now with minecart track support! [DF 0.34.10]  (Read 298695 times)

Gukag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Some people went through the work of converting Moria (aka Khazad-Dum) of LOTR fame into a Quickfort format, definitely worth adding to the list.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127599.0

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

That is awesome. :D

Feel free to pm me if theres anything else to add to the community blueprints thing.
Edit: Should I add it to the blueprints.rar as well, or leave it as a seperate thing by itself?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 11:40:07 am by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

Do whatever you want with them.

On a related note:  the lower levels of the full plan (z2, z3) do not execute properly.  The plans are fine, conversion goes fine, and then the output does not match the plan - mostly east-west mistakes near the east gate on z2.  I tried designating just that level, but had the same problem.  Anyone know what might be going wrong?

And there's an experimental 'magic shovel', to carry out the designations here.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

cdombroski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maybe I'm just missing something, but the flip transformations don't seem to work as explained in the manual.
The manual states that "rotcw 2e fliph flipv 2s" is the way to rotate a corner into a square. However when I do that I get this from the show transform argument:
AB
^^
rotcw
^>
2e
^>^>
fliph
<^<^
flipv
<v<v
2s
<v
<v
<v
<v
Apparently flips affect both buckets, not just B as stated in the manual. Replacing each flip with a rotcw properly rotates bucket B into <v without affecting bucket A causing the final pattern to come out correctly:
^>
<v

Snaake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm trying to get something like (the actual end result is larger, just putting enough to get the idea) this:

Code: [Select]
  d 
 iii 
diiid
 iii
  d 

by using
iid
ii

and rotating/flipping this. To me, this just makes a lot more sense than to me than the example given in the quickfort manual, which uses
  d
 ii
dii
and rotates that, since with "my" version I can just set the cursor in the middle of the central staircase at the start. Instead of having to count out from the staircase every time I want to designate something, or marking a tile in one of the corners to be the "start tile" (with fixed location relative to the 3x3 central staircase) throughout all the z-levels in the embark.

I've figured out how to get this effect by using 4 separate commands and changing which corner it starts at in between (NW corner + no transform, NE rotcw, SE fliph flipv, SW rotccw), but it would be nicer to get 1 command to do the whole thing. The closest I've managed (with a command I didn't mark down at the time, and can't seem to find again) was the equivalent of
diiiid
 iiii
  dd 
...which adds an extra tile of width.

so I'm starting to lose hope that quickfort even can do this sort of thing. Admittedly, the 1-tile wide overlap along the central axes every time does make the 3x3 staircase somewhat inefficient, and a 2x2 or 4x4 would be better in that sense, and probably easier to manage with quickfort as well. I could probably modify my design to have a 4x4 staircase fairly easily - modifying the rest of my fort for that, "neatly", might be another matter though. However, I'm still stumped on how to do the center-focused transforms, even if I did switch to an even-numbered central stair.

Searching this thread returned a couple of other queries from people also wanting to do center-focused rotations, but I didn't notice any solutions within a page or two of said posts.

cdombroski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You should be able to use "rotcw 2w rotcw rotcw 2n" to get all 4 quads at once.

Snaake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yup, this works. But needs them to be quadrants, can't do a 3x3-staircase-centric design. Oh well, I'll just have to rethink the blueprints for/if I want to use the quadrant method...

sir_schwick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I play with Masterworks and would like to be able to use build blueprints for the additional buildings.  How do I tell Quickfort in keypress mode to combine {Alt} with what is being pressed?  Also is there any way to add these as macros into the interface.txt?  Is there any support for manual material selection for buildings that require more than one type of material?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 05:15:31 pm by sir_schwick »

Garloth

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Is there a source for it anywhere?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

A quick bump - the plans for the Mines of Moria have had some more work done, and now designate without a hitch (also fixing some issues with impassable ramps).  They're over here.

I have re-encountered an issue raised earlier this year, where QF can't process a file with enough rows to execute the whole blueprint in one go (about 1000 rows, which is admittedly a large file even with z-levels).  This means that Moria has to be laid out in two stages, which is obviously less convenient and opens up new frontiers for frustration if they get misaligned or something.  Is there any way of increasing this limit or removing it altogther? 
 Donations here.

boot101

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hey everyone!  I'm trying to designate my stockpile area in Quickfort 2.04 and I keep getting this error:

Here is the associated blueprint:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/65oxkuwu4785t9j/Quantum_Stockpiles.xlsx

As far as I can tell I have designated everything correctly, it's just a simple dig blueprint, but maybe I'm missing something.  I'm a DF veteran, but not a QF one.

I'm on Windows 7 64 bit, if it makes a difference.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 03:35:24 am by boot101 »

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

Looking at the manual, you need to use a #place stage instead of a #dig stage for stockpiles.  Other tags are #build and #query, which covers all four stages you might want to use. 
 Donations here.

boot101

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

This is just the dig designation for my stockpile area.  I have a separate file for the actual placing of the stockpiles.  All I am trying to do in this case is designate the area to be dug out.

I've read the manual and watched several youtube tutorials, and as far as I can tell I am doing this right.  Google is no help, there is one guy in this thread who had the same problem, but he had #hig instead of #dig at the head of his file, so it was an easy fix.  Mine doesn't seem so simple...
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 05:56:37 am by boot101 »

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

Misunderstanding, sorry.

I can't see anything blatantly wrong with it. You could try adding a row of # symbols along the bottom, and then maybe save it as a .csv file to strip out any potentially problematic formatting? Worth checking for an invisible ' character before #dig? I'm grasping at straws here because as far as I can tell it should work. Do other blueprints work ok?
 Donations here.

boot101

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

My other blueprints work.  I've put # around the plan in the appropriate places and still get the error.  I tried it as a straight CSV file and get the same error.  There's no extra characters at teh beginning of #dig either. It's really frustrating as this is one of my designations that takes the longest to get up and running. 
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 42