Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42

Author Topic: [Quickfort] 2.04 released -- now with minecart track support! [DF 0.34.10]  (Read 298721 times)

DoX

• Bay Watcher
  • No, seriously.
    • View Profile

Something I've always wanted to know, and sorry if this is stupid/already answered.

Say I've designed something in dwarf fortress, like a bedroom design. It hasn't been dug out, just designated. Is there any way to export that design into an excel document, so I can replicate it/share it? Or does everything have to be done in excel, then imported.

cdombroski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There's a dfhack plugin in progress to export the current state of part of your fortress to quickfort csv files. It doesn't look at designations though, just current tile state. It might be good to add a comment to that issue so we can see if there's enough interest to make adding designation reading an option.

DoX

• Bay Watcher
  • No, seriously.
    • View Profile

There's a dfhack plugin in progress to export the current state of part of your fortress to quickfort csv files. It doesn't look at designations though, just current tile state. It might be good to add a comment to that issue so we can see if there's enough interest to make adding designation reading an option.

This looks fantastic. Really, all I'm looking for is being able to copy floor layouts and use them in future fortresses. I hope this builds some steam!

Timbatim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello,

I am relatively new to Dwarf Fortress and had 5 Fortresses of Fun in the last weeks.
Now I wanted to speed up some processes building even more fun, but I can't get own .csv files to work.

I use Excel 2007 and get these error messages: "Error in qfconvert: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'group'

Yesterday, 2.5 hours were spend to find a solution. 2.5 hours which I rather spend with werebeasts :)

fartron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Quickfort] 2.04 released -- now with minecart track support! [DF 0.34.10]
« Reply #604 on: February 04, 2015, 08:58:10 pm »

Tried building Buketgeshud for some pics, but the stockpile adjust files didn't work for me. Could be LNP related?

Here's a big gif of surface-4-adjust.csv not working:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's not hard to look through the file and set the stockpiles manually, which is what I did. I started with an extra refuse pile outside but I didn't adjust anything else.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Seems like a good, compact design, but not quite suitable for a first fort, I think. The wall defenses are no longer sufficient as attackers can climb and jump. The bedrooms take a long time to get running if you follow the instructions. A dormitory would serve the early fort better than fully stocked rooms or letting the dwarves sleep on the ground. Lastly the instructions call for designating several z-levels of stairs/halls at once. Doing this causes the whole project to take significantly longer as the miners keep pathing to stone on z-levels above or below them and walking back to whichever stairs are done yet to get there.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: February 05, 2015, 03:53:38 am »

Tried building Buketgeshud for some pics, but the stockpile adjust files didn't work for me. Could be LNP related?
It's not hard to look through the file and set the stockpiles manually, which is what I did.
Possibly. To tell the truth I never managed to get anything working besides digging blueprints.
For a workaround take a look at the new save/load stockpile menu in dfhack. (q over any stockpile)

Lastly the instructions call for designating several z-levels of stairs/halls at once. Doing this causes the whole project to take significantly longer as the miners keep pathing to stone on z-levels above or below them and walking back to whichever stairs are done yet to get there.
That's a new bug introduced by 40.20+.

Kestrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: February 16, 2015, 07:35:05 pm »

Possibly. To tell the truth I never managed to get anything working besides digging blueprints.
For a workaround take a look at the new save/load stockpile menu in dfhack. (q over any stockpile)
I can get build prints to work, but manual material selection is totally spotty.
Goblin 6 (to Goblin 7): I heard that I died.
Goblin 7 (to Goblin 6): I died.
Goblin 6 (to Goblin 7): It was inevitable.
Goblin 7 (to Goblin 6): It was inevitable.

Brienne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey everyone!  I'm trying to designate my stockpile area in Quickfort 2.04 and I keep getting this error:

Here is the associated blueprint:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/65oxkuwu4785t9j/Quantum_Stockpiles.xlsx

As far as I can tell I have designated everything correctly, it's just a simple dig blueprint, but maybe I'm missing something.  I'm a DF veteran, but not a QF one.

I'm on Windows 7 64 bit, if it makes a difference.

Found it: delete # from BD1.

Same pbl here. What does means BD1 plz?
I used to make above ground buildings with QF, but can't make it again :/
I tried this https://code.google.com/p/quickfort/source/browse/Blueprints/TheQuickFortress/surface-5-build-walls.csv?name=c34658a217&r=da82374b11ec6670ef6ad02e7cfda633fb3e80dc. I can see design with Alt+V. And whan i typ Alt+D, it opens DF "Moving records" page :/
What did I miss ?

Thanks for your help.
PS: got azerty keybord, I switch to qwerty with Win+Space, activate CAPS.
PS2: same question on reddit http://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress/comments/31956f/biweekly_df_questions_thread/cq0y2xp
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 09:18:59 am by Brienne »

GreyPowerVan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm having trouble with the building part of QF.  I don't have planning mode enabled on any items, so I don't know why it's not working.  I have the 'windmill villa modified' blueprint and took it and copied it to a new sheet and replaced it with build designations for door cabinet chest bed instead.  I've used quickfort in the past and it has worked with this blueprint before, but its not working this time.  The blueprint loads up just fine, then I hit alt+d and it starts placing things... but wrongly.  Some of the rooms have a door where a cabinet should be, some of the cabinets are built off to the side.  I know the blueprint has everything in the proper place because I copied it over from the dig blueprints and also have double checked it.  What could cause this?

EDIT: Discovered the issue.  I was using a weird program that had capitalized letters that were in the first row.  I fixed those and now it works.  Cheers.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 11:24:02 pm by GreyPowerVan »

Grant4455

• Bay Watcher
  • Dorf-Head and former Urist McStation Player
    • View Profile

I give up quickfort. You've defeated me. Okay so I've been fighting with quickfort for the past... 3 hours. A little context, I've never used it before, this is my first attempt at it, and it's going poorly. When I first tried, I tried to use DwarfMockup, which is packaged with the LNP. No points for guessing how that turned out.  Digging worked juuust fine, but the programme insisted that

#dig start(12;8;) - Bottom Level - DwarfMockup(107;115;0)
´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,#
´,,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,#
´,´,´,´,s,´,s,´,´,´,s,´,s,´,´,´,s,´,s,´,´,´,´,#
´,´,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,´,´,#
,´,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,´,´,#
´,´,´,´,s,´,s,´,´,´,s,´,s,´,´,´,s,´,s,´,´,´,´,#
´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,#
,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,´,##,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#

Would be read as;

Bedroom Bottom With Furniture-dig_alt.csv

#dig

Command usage frequencies:
s:183, ´:155, #dig start(12;8;) - Bottom Level - DwarfMockup(107;115;0):1, ##:1

Dimensions: 24w x 16h

+------------------------+
1|ï.......................|
2|ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ.|
3|Â.ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ.|
4|ÂÂÂÂsÂsÂÂÂsÂsÂÂÂsÂsÂÂÂÂ.|
5|ÂÂsssssssssssssssssssÂÂ.|
6|.ÂsssssssssssssssssssÂÂ.|
7|.ÂsssssssssssssssssssÂÂ.|
8|ÂÂsssssssssssssssssssÂÂ.|
9|.ÂsssssssssssssssssssÂÂ.|
0|.ÂsssssssssssssssssssÂÂ.|
1|ÂÂsssssssssssssssssssÂÂ.|
2|ÂÂsssssssssssssssssssÂÂ.|
3|.ÂsssssssssssssssssssÂÂ.|
4|ÂÂÂÂsÂsÂÂÂsÂsÂÂÂsÂsÂÂÂÂ.|
5|ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ.|
6|.ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ#|
 +------------------------+

Don't ask me why. I have no idea, but the game insisted it also had nothing bound to "Â", which didn't surprise me. I chalked it up to Dwarf Mockup, afterall, it hasn't been updated in a year, perhaps a new update broke it? Still, it spat out something functional for digging, and only shat out for smoothing, building, or querying. So, I turned to google spreadsheets, optimistic and with a keyboard that had not-yet been made a projectile in sheer, puerile frustration.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pMxuqxWBoh4kYGb3Yh5mtUfR9X-pUWa6EaK6AvPar5Q/edit?usp=sharing

That was the result. Smaller, and more basic, I still thought it looked pretty. So I downloaded it as a .xlsx, and was immediately met with "Error in qfconvert:'NoneType' object has no attribute group."

Same if I tried to download it an another format and open it one layer at a time. Any help would be dearly appreciated.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

I'd manually check the syntax of the first line, and maybe also try ending lines with a comma. You could also try instantiating the blueprint with the fortplan plugin, and test that Quickfort is working with a known blueprint file from the community pack.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Grant4455

• Bay Watcher
  • Dorf-Head and former Urist McStation Player
    • View Profile

I'd manually check the syntax of the first line, and maybe also try ending lines with a comma. You could also try instantiating the blueprint with the fortplan plugin, and test that Quickfort is working with a known blueprint file from the community pack.

Thank you, I did both, and got a re-download after fixing the syntax. It's working now. Most appreciated for your speedy reply!

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile

I did make a point of searching this thread before inquiring, so apologies if this is a repeat.  Has anyone experienced a case of doors being used in place of beds?  It seems to happen at random, and I'm rather at a loss as to how I can address the problem.  I have also occasionally had cabinets designated as a room in addition to the bed.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 07:51:27 pm by Immortal-D »

okmujnyhb

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: December 06, 2015, 09:16:44 am »

Whenever I try to start playback with Alt-D, I keep getting this error in a popup window:

Error: Could not move macro file
C:\Users\Adam\AppData\Local\Temp\~qf151206140856-dig-16-4-Shaft_
Bedroom_Design..mak
To: C:\Users\Adam\Desktop\DWARFF~2\DWARFF~2\Dwarf Fortress
0.4.0.24\data\int\macros\~qf151206140856-dig-16-4-Shaft_Bedroom_Des
ign..mak

I am using the r20 version of the Lazy Newb Pack, and this still occurs if I use a separately downloaded version of Quickfort as well. Alt-V works fine though, so it is still loading the .csv file in some way.

Brocktoon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: December 07, 2015, 02:25:06 pm »

I've been having the exact same thing happen. In fact, I registered just to post a confirmation that it's not just you.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42