Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Zombie GCS  (Read 14340 times)

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
Re: Zombie GCS
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2009, 09:02:56 pm »

Fairly sure that Shelob is a giant cave spider.  Her predecessor, umm... parent? maybe, was more than just a GCS.  An Ungodly horror of the deep.  From the old world.
She was the demon form of GCS, oh god, I need to go read the silmarillion again. :(

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2009, 09:08:18 pm »

Fairly sure that Shelob is a giant cave spider.  Her predecessor, umm... parent? maybe, was more than just a GCS.  An Ungodly horror of the deep.  From the old world.
She was the demon form of GCS, oh god, I need to go read the silmarillion again. :(

Now i want to mod in a GCS Demon.

Michaelsoftman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2009, 09:42:35 pm »

Now i want to mod in a GCS Demon.

A spider with 16 legs and 8 mouths so it can kill 24 dwarves at once.

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2009, 09:47:32 pm »

A spider with 16 legs and 8 mouths so it can kill 24 dwarves at once.

I want silk webs that explode into flames upon contact with living flesh.

twwolfe

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes ponies for their cuteness
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2009, 09:52:48 pm »

Her mother Ungoliant, was a demon who devoured LIGHT ITSELF, and tried to devour morgoth as well! his balrogs saved him, and chased her to Nan Dungortheb, the Vally of Dreadful death, all waters that flowed from that valley became poison, and those who drank them lost the will to live. there she found others of her kind, and they bred fell and terrible. there was no limit to her hunger, and she eventually consumed herself in the great desert. most of her offspring were killed when the War of Wrath cast all of Beleriand into the sea.

she spouted from her belly what was called the Unlight of Ungoliant, which consumes all light, and even the gods could not penetrate its blackness
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 09:59:09 pm by twwolfe »
There are dwarves that are nothing but useless sacrifices - Miners are not one of them.

Dorten

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2009, 10:21:21 pm »

Pictures, please. I can't believe it until I have pictures, and I WANT TO BELIEVE!
Cacodemon 2nd Leutenant
medals: 8/40
specials: 30/44
badges: 13:8:3:0:0

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2009, 11:07:56 pm »

Pictures, please. I can't believe it until I have pictures, and I WANT TO BELIEVE!

My caging operation failed and the Skeletal GCS got loose in my base, so i had to reload the seasonal save which unfortunately meant i had to start again from scratch.

However, just for you, i save-scummed this save and dropped a puppy into the Zombie GCS level;

Got Zombie Fire Imps in mah magmar pipe too. And about 2 pages worth of Zombie Lizardmen, Snakemen, Olmmen etc that fell down the bottomless hole the underground river flows into.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 11:13:04 pm by Neruz »

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2009, 11:46:37 pm »

:-X

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2009, 12:17:10 am »

Her mother Ungoliant, was a demon who devoured LIGHT ITSELF...

If that was from memory, Respect.  If you just wiki'd it.. pffft.

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2009, 01:35:53 am »

Her mother Ungoliant, was a demon who devoured LIGHT ITSELF...

If that was from memory, Respect.  If you just wiki'd it.. pffft.
Nah, you can't really forget Ungoliant, or at least, you can't forget that she was a hungry little spider.

ParkEX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2009, 01:36:42 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It looked like a smiley from far away... ._.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2009, 02:25:40 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It looked like a smiley from far away... ._.

A smile is definitely involved in that image; but it's not on the puppy.

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2009, 02:56:19 am »

Nah, you can't really forget Ungoliant, or at least, you can't forget that she was a hungry little spider.

<nods>

Oh, agreed, her name sprang to mind immediately - but Nan Dungortheb? I mean, I had friends in high school who might have been able to pull that out, but...

(They couldn't tell you who was buried in Grant's tomb, but they knew their Tolkien!)

Bricktop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2009, 05:14:42 am »

Cool

Oh, and I thought Shelob was the spawn of an encounter between Simon Cowell and Amy Winehouses Hair? :p

twwolfe

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes ponies for their cuteness
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2009, 12:05:19 pm »

<nods>

Oh, agreed, her name sprang to mind immediately - but Nan Dungortheb? I mean, I had friends in high school who might have been able to pull that out, but...

(They couldn't tell you who was buried in Grant's tomb, but they knew their Tolkien!)

if you like, I can also pull out all the events after that, right up to the doom of the Noldor and the Crossing Of Helcarax, the death of Feanor and the beginning of the siege of Angbad(think i spelled that wrong), but after that i get a little fuzzy on the broad picture.
There are dwarves that are nothing but useless sacrifices - Miners are not one of them.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6