Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Zombie GCS  (Read 14487 times)

Urist McCyrilin

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh, the dwarfity!
    • View Profile
    • CyCom! Writing&PnP!
Re: Zombie GCS
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2009, 12:49:03 pm »

So you have THREE undead Giant Cave Spiders...Sounds like fun.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2009, 01:24:24 pm »

Fairly sure that Shelob is a giant cave spider.  Her predecessor, umm... parent? maybe, was more than just a GCS.  An Ungodly horror of the deep.  From the old world.
She was the demon form of GCS, oh god, I need to go read the silmarillion again. :(

Her mother Ungoliant, was a demon who devoured LIGHT ITSELF, and tried to devour morgoth as well! his balrogs saved him, and chased her to Nan Dungortheb, the Vally of Dreadful death, all waters that flowed from that valley became poison, and those who drank them lost the will to live. there she found others of her kind, and they bred fell and terrible. there was no limit to her hunger, and she eventually consumed herself in the great desert. most of her offspring were killed when the War of Wrath cast all of Beleriand into the sea.

she spouted from her belly what was called the Unlight of Ungoliant, which consumes all light, and even the gods could not penetrate its blackness

Oh yeah..Ungoliant...sounds like really good "megabeast material" to me... ;D

Lord_Shadow

• Bay Watcher
  • [UNDEAD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2009, 01:28:51 pm »

we need a step above megabeasts for stuff like that. I mean a balrog should be > a spirit of fire.
Urist McCarpenter cancels rest: QUITSCREWINGWITHMAHBUCKETSYOUSONOFABITCHES!!!
Urist Mccarpenter has gone stark raving mad!
Urist McWalrusCarpenter cancels rest: Has u seen mah bukkit?!

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2009, 03:38:02 pm »

Umm... Technically, that is pretty much what most of them are.
Only Balrogs are the corrupted by Morgoth descended to darkness type.
Sort of like DF's, but bigger. I think.And the didn't burn you, they stomped you into nothing.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Earth Striker Lurin

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's Go to Work...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2009, 04:11:02 pm »

there she found others of her kind, and they bred fell and terrible

Brown chicken brown cow?  There's a chapter I don't need to read...
"So I looked to the left of me, looked to the right of me, raised the giant's severed arm above my head and said 'Let's go to work...'"   -- Lurin Diamondfist relating the time he had to mine without a pick axe.

twwolfe

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes ponies for their cuteness
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2009, 04:16:34 pm »

Umm... Technically, that is pretty much what most of them are.
Only Balrogs are the corrupted by Morgoth descended to darkness type.
Sort of like DF's, but bigger. I think.And the didn't burn you, they stomped you into nothing.

They were originally Maiar fire spirits, most of whom were servants of Aule the Smith. the most famous of these, and one of Morgoths chief lieutenants, was Gothmog, who led the assault on the hidden city of Gondolin. there, he slew the elf lord Ecthelion, but was himself slain by that same person.

they favored many weapons, but the one most feared was there whips of fire. So powerful were these, even ungoliant fled before them

There are dwarves that are nothing but useless sacrifices - Miners are not one of them.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2009, 05:27:07 pm »

Odd that the zombie GCS don't have any damaged body parts. What kind of bodyparts do the skeletal GCS have? The same? I always thought you couldn't get undead GCS because of the lack of explicitly skeletal parts, but it looks as though that tag is somehow hard-coded into certain parts... or something. I'm pretty fuzzy on certain key areas of the body system.

Quick question about evil subterranean environments: do the [EVIL] and [SAVAGE] tags work on plants as well as animals? And if I give a creature both, will it appear only in Terrifying areas, or any savage and any evil?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Cogsmith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2009, 11:31:51 pm »

Wait you have a skeletal GCS? But spiders have no skeletons....

There are only 2 possibilites. Either you are fighting a hollow exoskeleteon OR...

the risen bones of various creatures have lumped together as an unholy abomination against Armok, taking on the form of the most feared predator in a twisted mockery of life, only to roam the lands depopulating the world whole fortresses at a time.

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2009, 12:43:28 am »

Wait you have a skeletal GCS? But spiders have no skeletons....

There are only 2 possibilites. Either you are fighting a hollow exoskeleteon OR...

the risen bones of various creatures have lumped together as an unholy abomination against Armok, taking on the form of the most feared predator in a twisted mockery of life, only to roam the lands depopulating the world whole fortresses at a time.

its the exoskeleton. a spider skeleton is on the outside of its body.  It simply has no flesh inside.

Wait thats not dwarfy enough.

its the exoskeleton. a spider skeleton is on the outside of its body.  It simply has no flesh inside.
Clearly, what we have here is a abomination that is sent by the elves themselves to avenge thier fallen breatheren, For only the elves are devious enough to give life to such a horrid creature! It must be tamed and controlled by dwarves, preferably fueled by magma, and set out upon the very elves themselves!

fixed.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 12:48:32 am by SimRobert2001 »

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2009, 01:56:53 am »

Odd that the zombie GCS don't have any damaged body parts.

They do; if i scroll down a bit i can see it's got damaged internal organs.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2009, 04:13:07 am »

You could build a long chamber full of cage traps.  Then get your miner to mine out the last bit of wall, and run like hell.  GCS's charge, get caught (hopefully).

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2009, 05:44:48 am »

I wonder, if the other mountain features are affected by evil, is HFS? Skeletal HFS...
*Starts building COLLAPSE THE ENTRANCE TO THE MINES NAO! system*
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2009, 05:58:58 am »

I wonder, if the other mountain features are affected by evil, is HFS? Skeletal HFS...
*Starts building COLLAPSE THE ENTRANCE TO THE MINES NAO! system*

Oh shit, the HFS on this map is part of the terrifying mountain biome that is responsible for all these undead critters camping my front door.

Ffffuuu.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2009, 06:02:28 am »

Oh my god...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2009, 08:53:48 am »

I really want to go digging for the HFS now, but at the same time i really really don't.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6