Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [LCS 3.19.4] How the heck can I (relatively) safely raise melee combat skills?  (Read 2461 times)

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!

Ohh, that probably would've made all my Eminent Scientist conversions in the last game a lot less... savescummy. I still don't get dodge, though; is there a way to manually dodge or something? Not a single one of my LARPers has anything above a 0.00, despite all their slashing smashing action. It doesn't go up when the enemy misses, it doesn't go up when they knock out 23 of my teeth with a nightstick, it doesn't go up when I evade combat. What's the trick?

Also, the tantalizing flamethrower skill - are flamethrowers actually implemented?
I believe that they appear after the year 2100...
LCS developer, insomniac, writer.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile

No, they appear when Free Speech becomes C+ at the Fire Station.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

vortex1991

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How tantalizing! I guess I'll have to stay out of the political scene until things are ALMOST too far gone; is there anything I can do to accelerate the conservatization of the country?

Also, forget my silliness about the dwarven hammer striking fear into the hearts of club bouncers everywhere, I just ran at him with a cross and he took off screaming.

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile

About dodge, the chances of your characters actually dodging when they have 0 skill at it are very low, probably about a 1/15 chance per attack against them. It's best to just recruit characters who already have good dodge skill. Pretty much anyone can get the skill, but factory workers seem to get it more often, and I think conservative agents always have excellent dodge skills, but they're hard to find and brainwash.

Edit: As to training up fighting skills, I like to use the mutated animals at the genetics lab. They aren't very strong, some of them don't even fight back, and if you kill them, I don't think it counts as murder on your criminal record. Also, you get hilarious lines like: 'The flaming rabbit cries out;"Father! Why have you forsaken me!" and dies in a heap.'
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 08:55:56 pm by R1ck »
BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

vortex1991

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Huh. Guess I'll have to recruit a persuader/interrogator to find somebody with good dodge, and have 'em teach it. The revolution can wait in the meantime, particularly for that nice flamethrower. Sure we can LARP with it, call it a fireball spell.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How tantalizing! I guess I'll have to stay out of the political scene until things are ALMOST too far gone; is there anything I can do to accelerate the conservatization of the country?

If you got a compiler, you can comment out the define function that set all laws at C+.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

vortex1991

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That programmer stuff beats the hell out of me, I'll just train my squad into melee monsters while I wait. Maybe ArtMoney them into eternal youth.

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hick: Wanna hear something disturbing? You can use flamethrowers.
Vortex: How tantalizing! What can I do to accelerate the conservatization of the country?
CCS is founded.

I think dodge only applies to ranged attacks. If you want to train it, you'll have to find conservatives with guns and hope they don't splatter your brains out on the first shot. Security guards are good for this, though one headshot will still kill you in police armor. Also, Dodge gives you a survival chance of 1d(skill level), which means it SUCKS. You're better off getting a large group and absorbing your losses.

vortex1991

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lordy, the entirety of my LARP Squad just got arrested and deported. Lucky I'm a savescummer. I think you're right about dodge-leveling applying only to RANGED combat, though; I just checked a copy of my last save from my first game where I ran around with a squad full of AK-toting body armor-clad boneheads for multiple high-firepower raids (corporate and intelligence HQs, for example), and most of the squad members ALMOST have a single point in dodge!

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile

Get a bunch of cultural sleepers and tell them to spout conservative nonsense.  Then once free speech is C+, you can have them lay low again and they'll start liberalizing the country again.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile

That's quite ironic actually. Using free speech to stop free speech.

Kind of like Muslims in Europe and England.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!

That's quite ironic actually. Using free speech to stop free speech.

Kind of like Muslims in Europe and England.
No! That's the point of free speech.
LCS developer, insomniac, writer.
Pages: 1 [2]