Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Fallout 4  (Read 2261 times)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fallout 4
« on: May 25, 2009, 01:01:55 pm »

I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense
Re: Fallout 4
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 01:02:42 pm »

Old news.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 01:03:09 pm »

Gotcha. I just found out though and I didn't know there was a thread on it.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 01:12:26 pm »

"It will be the same sort of role-playing game experience seen in Fallout 3."
It terrifies me. Fallout 3 was a shooter with elements of RPG. I mean, seriously. They could come up with much better improved GURPS after so long time of it's existance.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Haven

• Bay Watcher
  • Studiously Avoidant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 01:15:35 pm »

On the other hand, it does happen to be Obsidian doing the dev work... Some hope, at least.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 01:57:02 pm »

"It will be the same sort of role-playing game experience seen in Fallout 3."
It terrifies me. Fallout 3 was a shooter with elements of RPG. I mean, seriously. They could come up with much better improved GURPS after so long time of it's existance.

Completely agree. Had barely any quests, too. I am not looking forward to when/how Bethesda kills TES5. I loved Morrowind, the oldest one I played, it was an amazing game. Oblivion was great, don't get me wrong..But it wasn't anything like Morrowind. But now I play Oblivion with more then 150 mods, and I like it much more.  ;D

Err, back on topic. Fallout 3- average game, Fallout 4- Lets hope for the best?

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2009, 02:28:14 pm »

My senses tell me that Fallout 4 is going to be decent. Maybe even good.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2009, 02:30:41 pm »

With mods. :D

Fallout 3 features too simple RPG system for me. I like personalizing/planning my character, it's one of the most important things in RPG for me. Fallout 3 didn't have a lot of real "options" for that.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009, 03:00:40 pm »

My hopes are slightly higher just based on the fact that it's Obsidian - aka one of the studios founded by the Black Isle guys after the Interplay collapse. So it has Fallout1/2 designers on board

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2009, 03:04:05 pm »

Why's this topic called Fallout 4, yet links to a wiki article about a spin-off/expansion? Am I missing something here?

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2009, 03:09:09 pm »

Because, while Bethesthda is stating that it is a spin-off/expansion, I am believing it to be a sequel, hence why I started the topic of Fallout 4.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2009, 03:33:35 pm »

Because, while Bethesthda is stating that it is a spin-off/expansion, I am believing it to be a sequel, hence why I started the topic of Fallout 4.
I rather doubt Bethesda/Zenimax would allow a different company to create an official sequel after the last one was so financially successful.

I realize such cases are not unheard of. Bioware pulled such a stunt twice (with Obsidian at that). But somehow I find it easier to imagine Zenimax suing itself over intellectual property damage than allowing someone else to make an official sequel to a currently popular franchise and risk having the popularity die down.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2009, 04:27:12 pm »

I rather doubt Bethesda/Zenimax would allow a different company to create an official sequel after the last one was so financially successful.

Then.. the franchise is ruined :(

A pity, I rather liked the old Fallout. It's not looking back with rose-tinted glasses either, I actually play Fallout 2 all over again when the nostalgia hits me and end up loving it as much every time. Well, there's always new franchises. Like DF. I'm so going to write a hate thread on DF 3 in the future once it gets sold to EA.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2009, 05:11:42 pm »

I believe you mean Slaves to Armok 3: [Secondary Title].

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2009, 05:21:49 pm »

No, he means Slaves to Armok 5: [Secondary Title].
Pages: [1] 2