Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What are the good types of nobles?  (Read 3658 times)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: What are the good types of nobles?
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2009, 12:57:21 am »

To be honest, I haven't gotten a philosopher yet, but he sounds like a pretty cool guy. Does he ever organize teachings in the dining room or a main hall or something? That would be awesome.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2009, 01:12:47 am »

Does anybody else think of this guy:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
when DF's dungeon master is mentioned?

Naw, he's way too weak and obnoxious. I like to think our dungeon master is more of a twisted sadistic lunatic who... well, ponders fell beasts and treasure. And lava traps, which seem to attract him to your fortress.

The dungeon master you posted, however, teaches us to conserve water. (obviously we need to save it for the goblins! :) )
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

ousire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2009, 01:14:29 am »

Does anybody else think of this guy:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
when DF's dungeon master is mentioned?

what on earth is that? some mutant gnome?

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2009, 01:16:32 am »

I prefer dead nobles.
Mostly because the instant my latest expedition leader became mayor, he mandated adamantine items.

It wouldn't have been quite as bad... if the fortress wasn't flooding to it's doom at the time.
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2009, 01:31:57 am »

I always imagined the Dungeon Master to be this faceless hooded Dwarf that wanders around with this big heavy cloak on and a whip hanging off his belt. He just randomly shows up in the forge rooms and takes over smelting operations, then wanders off, occasionally he appears in the kennels and tames the crap out of a Dragon and then he's gone again.

Nobody ever sees his face or knows anything about him, he's just this mysterious cloaked figure who is awesome.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2009, 01:37:59 am »

I rather find that the picture of a total manic wearing a robe and a horned helmet from the Mayday tileset is about right. As much as I want to believe he is awesome, look at his inventory... I bet you 20 dwarfbucks he's wearing 15 or more robes right now, along with mittens, sandals and a loincloth. Not kidding. Now just try to picture THIS guy wandering around doing random tasks like in neruz' post... yeah... ::)
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2009, 02:27:46 am »

I'm not sure why, but I always imagined the dungeon master as a bearded (more than usual, anyway) guy in a desert traveler's outfit with a whip wrapped around his torso

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2009, 02:56:28 am »

I rather find that the picture of a total manic wearing a robe and a horned helmet from the Mayday tileset is about right. As much as I want to believe he is awesome, look at his inventory... I bet you 20 dwarfbucks he's wearing 15 or more robes right now, along with mittens, sandals and a loincloth. Not kidding. Now just try to picture THIS guy wandering around doing random tasks like in neruz' post... yeah... ::)

And wearing 15 cloaks at once isn't awesome? I can't wear 15 cloaks at once, i bet you only wish you could wear 15 cloaks at once. Most people can't even wear 2 cloaks at once. Even Ninjas can't wear more than 5 cloaks at once.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2009, 12:07:14 pm »

Absurd, yes. Awesome, yes. Awesome in a chuck norris joke kind of way. I still don't think you can look terribly serious lugging around 15+ cloaks in verious states of disrepair and occasionally picking them up when you see one. In fact, isn't that dangerous in the forges?

Still best noble though. If I ahd to put up with the Dungeon master fromt he old DnD cartoon (blasphemous, I say!) I'd arrange an "accidental" cavein in minutes.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2009, 02:18:08 pm »

And wearing 15 cloaks at once isn't awesome? I can't wear 15 cloaks at once, i bet you only wish you could wear 15 cloaks at once. Most people can't even wear 2 cloaks at once. Even Ninjas can't wear more than 5 cloaks at once.
This is EXACTLY how I feel.
And no. It is very hard to look serious in 15 cloaks.  He manages to do it, though.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Zona

• Bay Watcher
  • SEE YOU SOON
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2009, 02:35:09 pm »

I love the philosopher. He makes no mandates, doesnt require any rooms, He just wants to think deep thoughts all day. I tend to give him royal rooms filled with his favorite materials when I can. After all what better place to think deeply then in your royal office with the solid gold gem encrusted chair and table with the soothing waterfall in the corner.
Those lucky dwarves, despite the risk of being stabbed, shots, poisoned, eaten, mauled, enslaved, eviscerated or involved in accidents... at least they don’t have to worry about immediate dangers like the heat death of the universe.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2009, 02:43:29 pm »

On top of a pillar surrounded by a magma moat in the middle of nowhere.

Elliott_Thinas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2009, 07:32:26 pm »

Does the dungeon master ever get married?
I got me a breeding pair of Han Solos.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2009, 07:34:42 pm »

He is usually to busy melting down goblinite ore, so he never makes any friends.
Pages: 1 [2]