Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ulolmistem (Lastportal) - Community Fortress  (Read 2170 times)

Kel the Oblivious

• Bay Watcher
  • A Vile Force of Dorkness has Arrived!
    • View Profile
Re: Ulolmistem (Lastportal) - Community Fortress
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2009, 05:41:27 am »

Bone is better used in making cheap bolts to train the army. I should be carving stone! It is not the same as gems, but at least it will give me something nice to cover in gems till we get the forges going. Also, glass works if you can. Clear Glass Coffins for everyone!
To err is to man, as to kill your entire population because you forgot a single stone block in your incredibly amazing steam aquaduct system is to dwarf

djes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2009, 08:30:23 am »

I'll see what I can do about locating some sand :P

Bones will be used for bolts from now on.

djes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2009, 10:15:33 pm »

~ Diary of Aderis - Autumn Excerpts
It's been a slow month, but a good one. The traders came and we used the crafts we made to purchase food and drink to get us through until hopefully some more dwarfs stumble upon us. The guards with the caravan even took care of a small kobold menace (just a few petty thieves, they were quickly hammered off the ledges).

I had Scabrist smooth the stone and carve fortifications while Nil built a small moat. We should be able to pepper any invaders from safety now. I fear that McFisher will not be fishing during the winter. I don't want the cold getting to our primary bringer of food. Beardaxe chopped a few trees. GemEye refuses to make crafts with the bone anymore, only makes bolts. I suppose I'll have him craft a crossbow or two as well while eh's at it.

What's this? I hear Dwarfs talking in the distance. Migrants?! This early? Interesting. We'll see what they've got. There's seven of them.

Ezum Regunol, Stoneworker
Eral Luslemrovod, Animal Trainer
Urist Thidasrimtar, Bone Carver
Rovod Sokanmelbil, Farmer
Astesh Zonidos, Cheese Maker
Rigoth Kolkiron, Thresher
Tun Imeshstukos, Peasant

Seems like it could be a useful lot, of course we'll probably have new names and a job for them soon enough. All in all a good, quiet autumn.

If you want a migrant, just let me know.

Llamiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2009, 09:20:34 pm »

Are we dead yet?
It's a shame that wagons explode at the sight of dreaded sea foam.

Kel the Oblivious

• Bay Watcher
  • A Vile Force of Dorkness has Arrived!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2009, 03:14:39 am »

More peasants! Excellent! Get to mining! Find me the shiny rocks!
To err is to man, as to kill your entire population because you forgot a single stone block in your incredibly amazing steam aquaduct system is to dwarf
Pages: 1 [2]