Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Spaceship Scenario  (Read 2158 times)

magikarcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Poster
    • View Profile
Spaceship Scenario
« on: May 25, 2009, 06:53:17 pm »

Sorry if this is the wrong forum to post in.

The idea for this scenario is to design a rocket and mission control. Your goals would be:

1. Have a fully metal rocket.
2. Have a mission control with mostly metal and gemstones, gems represent computers.
3. Route water and magma to the rocket, when they combine, the rocket 'launches'.
4. Have enough beer and food in the rocket to keep 4 dwarves isolated in the rocket for 1 year.
5. After building the rocket, lock your 4 dwarves in the rocket.
6. Combine the water and magma.
7. Do not open the rocket up for 1 whole year.
Bonus points: UFO shaped rocket.
Bonus points: Have a monkey(s) on the rocket.
Bonus points: 'Spacewalk' have the dwarves walk outside on a path as high up as possible.
Bonus points: Drop the rocket for 'landing'.
SUPER BONUS POINTS: Have a baby born on the rocket during the 1 year.
SUPER BONUS POINTS: 'Lose a toolbox' during the spacewalk, it could be just a box with a pick in it.
SUPER BONUS POINTS: 'Accidentally' let the monkeys out and finish the 1 year with the dwarves in the cages, and monkeys at controls.
MEGA ULTRA BONUS POINTS: Kill all the dwarves out of the rocket, destroy everything, and rebuild the fortress with the 4 dwarves and the supplies in the rocket.
SUPER MEGA ULTRA BONUS POINTS: Put all the dwarves in the rocket and build the fortress off of it, preferably making it into a spacestation where modules are constructed and added on.
OVER 9000!! BONUS POINTS: Actually make the rocket fly somehow.

varkarrus

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity and a knife go well together.
    • View Profile
Re: Spaceship Scenario
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 09:01:47 pm »

Sounds interesting. I'm in. For the first possible year. Give my slot to someone else and move me forward a year possibly, because I can't play 'till the weekend.
Dip Stick! The newest candy! Just dip it, then lick it!
Or try FUBAR! The best chocolate bar ever!
And you can't eat them, either, sadly. Even though it'd make sieges so much more fun; dwarves lining the walls, drooling and carrying sharp knives and forks, ready for the upcoming meals.

magikarcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 09:31:15 pm »

I think you misunderstood. This isn't a community game, this is just an idea. LOL, sorry.  ;D

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 10:17:17 pm »

So, this isn't a community game aside from you trying to convince someone to entertain you?

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 11:31:14 pm »

Idea: Would it be possible to construct the spaceship, and then use a tile editor to change every tile on the map into open space, with the bottom of the map completely filled with 'chasm' tiles, to represent deep space?

Broose

• Bay Watcher
  • Pilfering Gatorhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 12:10:41 am »

Idea: Would it be possible to construct the spaceship, and then use a tile editor to change every tile on the map into open space, with the bottom of the map completely filled with 'chasm' tiles, to represent deep space?

I wonder what would happen to the ship...

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 01:41:40 am »

It would fall, ending in much pain.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

ousire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2009, 01:43:55 am »

It would fall, ending in much pain fun.

fixed!  ;D

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009, 05:44:05 am »

Or you could make a space elevator station, with the fort resting on a spiral rampway that was a 3-wide path to the edge of the map at the bottom for traders and such. Yu should have a large sphere of magma trapped in an addy/steelshell at the heart of your station to represent a fusion reactor. With various modules sticking out everywhere and forming a giant tangle of fort. Also, make large brightly coloured (Orthoclase, any red stone, etc.) swathes offlooring stick out at the edges to represent thermo-dump panels. bonus points if you use a network of magma filled-tubes to represent major conduits for data, power, heat transmission fluids, etc. And a fully functioning are conditioning network with a suspended waterwheels at the center representing fans that blow air through tunnels complete with stairways in vertical parts (Sneaking throught the vents ftw!) and grates all over the place.

This has a lot of awesome potential. A tame GCS could also weave a web the outside of the fort, representing external cables and shit.
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2009, 08:58:06 am »

SS13 anyone?
Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do.
I'm half crazy all for the love of you.
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage
But you will look sweet upon the seat
of a bicycle built for two.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2009, 02:12:00 pm »

SS13? say what?
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2009, 12:05:42 am »

I has a plan!

Glass tables and chairs, making your dwarves face magma lit windows for computers.  Food in the controls?  All the more fun.

Monkey pilots ship down indeed, your dwarves inside cages in order to survive the "re-entrie" collapse.

Splendiferous

• Bay Watcher
  • Psychotic. Primate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2009, 12:24:59 am »

Is anyone actually going to try this?

I can't.
My computey is crap.
"He returns once every thousand years! Or if the stars align! Or whenever he's bored."

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2009, 05:41:51 am »

I might if I get bored of my other 3 fortresses
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

magikarcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2009, 09:00:31 pm »

I might actually do a community game of this, if I actually can make a fortress that doesn't crumble into a pile of dead guard dogs and dwarves.