Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Maximum value of a prepared meal stack  (Read 9496 times)

florian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Maximum value of a prepared meal stack
« on: May 26, 2009, 03:27:23 pm »

I did some calculations and found that a roast made of dragon meat and dwarven syrup would be the most valuable prepared meal stack.

10*12 (base value of a prepared meal) + 20 * 12 (value of masterfully minced dwarven syrup) + 2 * 50 * 12 * 3 (value of masterfully minced dragon meat, times three) = 3960 (value of a single prepared meal in that stack)

3960 * (55 (maximum amount of dwarven syrup in a barrel) + 20 * 3 (three dragon meat stacks)) = 455400 (total value)

I think this would be one of the most expensive things in the whole game, only topped by adamantine artifacts.

Can you come up with a more valuable meal/item?

(Slightly simpler is a roast made of only dwarven syrup, worth 237600)

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum value of a prepared meal stack
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 03:34:28 pm »

The head of Armok. :P
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 03:46:48 pm »

There's a bug involving embarking with as much...it's either milk or cheese, I can't remember which...as you can afford, and then cooking it. For some reason it all goes into a single meal, resulting in a meal with more than the normally allowed number of components. It could probably beat your example, just for sheer stack size.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

florian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 03:58:49 pm »

Just tried that. Embarked with a proficient cook, novice appraiser and 20 dwarven cheese.

The cook made a roast out of it, worth 27000.

The problem is that dwarven cheese never comes in stacks larger than 5 (I think) -- dragon meat comes in (I think) stacks of 20, so it easily beats dwarven cheese.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 04:18:35 pm »

I thought unicorn meat was more valueable than dwarven syrup?
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

florian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 04:22:58 pm »

I thought unicorn meat was more valueable than dwarven syrup?
No, unicorn meat is as valuable as dwarven syrup. Unicorn meat: MODVALUE 10 * 2 = 20, dwarven syrup = 20. I'm using the dwarven syrup as filler, as nothing else can archive stacks that big and valuable.

Jurph

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Belt-fed Weaponry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 04:27:08 pm »

I agree with your figures (did you use my spreadsheet?) but it seems slightly more realistic to assume that the user will not have access to more than one dragon at a time, in which case a very (very!) lucky cook might use dragon meat, dragon tallow, dwarven syrup, and dwarven cheese to create dragon cordon bleu worth a maximum of 302,400☼ (but more likely to weigh in around 171,927☼ because the odds of actually maxing out a meal are about 1 in 200).

Without getting into exotic meals or piling in nothing but syrup, you can make some extremely high-value meals from common ingredients.  With a Legendary+5 chef, the expected value of dwarven cheese + whip vine flour + dwarven syrup + quarry bush leaves is 97,515☼, and you have an outside chance of doing much much better.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 04:33:29 pm by Jurph »
Dreambrother has my original hammer-shaped Great Hall.  Towerweak has taken the idea to the next level.

Michaelsoftman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2009, 05:05:52 pm »

Lo, for I have prepared a meal worth 4,424,346 dwarf bucks.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Please note this is only with a Proficient cook, not a Legendary one.  Will try this with a Legendary cook next!

EDIT

Here's a better meal!  Worth 47,320,000 Dwarf Bucks!

Yes, a 47 million dollar milk roast!  Didn't include the pages and pages of ingredients this time.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 05:39:18 pm by Michaelsoftman »

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009, 05:36:23 pm »

Oh armok the humanity.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2009, 11:00:04 pm »

Lo, for I have prepared a meal worth 4,424,346 dwarf bucks.

Please note this is only with a Proficient cook, not a Legendary one.  Will try this with a Legendary cook next!

EDIT

Here's a better meal!  Worth 47,320,000 Dwarf Bucks!

Yes, a 47 million dollar milk roast!  Didn't include the pages and pages of ingredients this time.

Jesus christ what did you do.

Sir_Geo

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2009, 11:03:50 pm »

How did so many ingredients end up in one roast?  :o
The logistical problems dealing with a private space colony are at least as bad as dealing with the zombies.

http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-5403-fortressdipped
Fortressdipped, my ice castle.

Tael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2009, 11:09:41 pm »

My interests. This relates to them.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2009, 11:10:21 pm »

The same way dwarves cram thirty thousand chunks of stone onto a single tile.
You know, it's fucking uncanny how many times people scream that Jim is out to get them and has rallied the town to destroy them, like he's the head of some damn conspiracy theory or something.  I've learned to recognize this as something I call "The Jimbot Fallacy".

Michaelsoftman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2009, 12:18:12 am »

On embark, buy as much cow milk or dwarven milk (cow milk is cheaper) as you can, it should end up all in one barrel.

So, 5 cow milk or 100 cow milk each only count as one ingredient, so long as they're in the same barrel.

Just cook as much milk as you can, and behold, a massive cow milk roast!

With the 2nd screenshot I posted, I used Dtil to change my embark points so I could buy 400 Dwarven Milk to cook, and I made my cook legendary to start.

I had him cook that milk roast as soon as the fort started.  It's by far my most valuable fort ever.  At least until my Dwarves get hungry.

Redhades

• Bay Watcher
  • That boy needs therapy
    • View Profile
    • My Linkedin.com profile is all bout me
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2009, 12:37:14 am »

So what happens when a dwarf eats that thing, I mean to his mood? Is there any happiness state beyond ecstatic for dwarfs?
I bet a dwarf would get a constant nonstop orgasmic jiz-in-my-pants mood until his head explodes or something. ;D

« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 12:42:54 am by Redhades »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5