Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 365

Author Topic: Draw your adventures  (Read 1217452 times)

Igfig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Draw your adventures
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2009, 10:36:12 am »

My modded nightwing adventurer in the World of Traps And Attractions:

charl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2009, 12:13:24 pm »

This is from an adventure I started where the starting village was in the middle of getting hit by a huge tidal wave just when I started playing. I was killed by a tsunami within the first two steps.
Wait what?

I don't know what happened. I just started the game, took two steps and suddenly I was killed as the whole settlement filled with water and everyone drowned. I tried returning in another game and the settlement was still there, but only the mayor had survived. There was no sign of any water though.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2009, 12:49:55 pm »

After getting my only weapon stuck in a child I accidently dodged off the top of a goblin tower, fell several stories and broke both legs and my spine. I was then left to fend of the entire tower's occupants with the only weapon available to me.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2009, 12:59:26 pm »

My modded nightwing adventurer in the World of Traps And Attractions:

Heh, I wish stuff like that happened to me...

Vilien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2009, 02:15:37 pm »

After getting my only weapon stuck in a child I accidently dodged off the top of a goblin tower, fell several stories and broke both legs and my spine. I was then left to fend of the entire tower's occupants with the only weapon available to me.

Delicious.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2009, 06:06:28 pm »

How about this one: 

Spoiler: For Kalida's eyes only (click to show/hide)
Oops.  Got Kalida and Piecewise mixed up.  Sorry guys.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2009, 06:41:07 pm »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2009, 04:22:58 am »

Such is the fate of all great warriors. Live by the sword, die by the teeth of random wolf 36 billion. Seriously, can this game ever run out of wolves?

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2009, 10:41:45 am »

Quote from: piecewise
Such is the fate of all great warriors. Live by the sword, die by the teeth of random wolf 36 billion. Seriously, can this game ever run out of wolves?
No, I tried killing off all the walfs... not even a dent in area savagry.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 01:26:54 pm by cowofdoom78963 »

Tenebrais

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2009, 01:12:41 pm »

I'm sure we've all been here.
Caution: big.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2009, 01:19:56 pm »

I wish I had adventures to draw...
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Kishmond

• Bay Watcher
  • What the pfargtl?
    • View Profile
    • My DF Stories blog.
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2009, 09:39:51 pm »

That's pretty much how it happens.

And Igfig, I love your demon.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2009, 09:55:20 pm »

I already did that. But nice illustration. I like the expression on his face.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2009, 12:20:09 am »

Once, while continuing my reign of terror, I came upon a high priest who promptly advised me to prepare to die. Finding this to be mildly amusing I Caught hold of the arm he was trying to punch me with and shattered every joint in it. Still undetered he continued his assult on me, prompting me to gouge out both of his eyes as well as hack off his one good arm. Satisfied that he was no longer a threat, I moved on.

Later, as I fought a spearman, I noticed he was running right for me, somehow sensing where I was despite his lack of occular orbs. Finding this to be mildly amusing I wrestled the spear away from my opponent and hurled it at the priest. It impaled his chest and lodged in the wound, causing him to pass out. Just to be sure of his demise this time, I hurled an arrow at him, lodging it in his knee.

Once again content in his mortal wounds I decided to let him bleed to death while I dealt with more pressing, crossbow related issues. It was about when I was raiding an appartment building that I stepped onto a lower level and low and behold, there was the priest again, screaming his death taunts. With continued amusement I removed his clothing and broke the remaining joints he had. Even this didn't kill him, as he still somehow, in his waking momements, manage to try and attack me. Finally I tore the spear out of him and let him be. I left the city and haven't gone back since. I never got the message about his death though.

I somehow still expect to go back and find him there, with that spear, waiting for my return as a blind, master spearman.

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2009, 06:55:15 am »

this thread is full of win.

here is my own humble experience with adventure mode. excuse any innacuracies, i have to mouse with my left hand nowadays due to an injury, and drawing things on a computer is very tedious and horrible. it was going to be longer but frustration made me shorten it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

direct image link
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/2003/adventuretraining.jpg

also, can anyone refer me to any easy to get ahold of programs that are better then mspaint? it does really nasty things to image quality, and flipping and rotating bits of the picture would cause things to dissapear or seriously lose quality.

also if someone has an account on any site better then imageshack then feel free to repost it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 365