Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 365

Author Topic: Draw your adventures  (Read 1218032 times)

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
Re: Draw your adventures
« Reply #4695 on: July 31, 2014, 01:56:35 pm »

Dwarfu

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4696 on: July 31, 2014, 03:34:28 pm »

AnotherDwarvernDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4697 on: July 31, 2014, 04:04:27 pm »

I'm in no way a practiced artist, but I did decide to illustrate a scene from my current adventure. My companion and I raided a goblin camp, had a pitched battle in the middle of it, and won. I then chased down the survivors, and at sunset I returned to the camp, every goblin slain. Unfortunately this is where I found my companion's body; apparently he'd been killed sometime during the fighting and I hadn't noticed. Next to (through?) his corpse was a goblin sword.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 04:08:18 pm by AnotherDwarvernDeath »

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4698 on: July 31, 2014, 04:17:13 pm »

2spooky4me This is awesome! 

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4699 on: July 31, 2014, 04:27:28 pm »

So, here is another one. Alright, don't judge me, i still play 34.11 (I find the newer version way too buggy, waiting to do more fixing before downloading, plus the loading screens are REALLY long, specially when playing on a large world).

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4700 on: July 31, 2014, 05:08:31 pm »

I'm in no way a practiced artist, but I did decide to illustrate a scene from my current adventure. My companion and I raided a goblin camp, had a pitched battle in the middle of it, and won. I then chased down the survivors, and at sunset I returned to the camp, every goblin slain. Unfortunately this is where I found my companion's body; apparently he'd been killed sometime during the fighting and I hadn't noticed. Next to (through?) his corpse was a goblin sword.

Just like DF. Using a bit imagination, you can recognize a great picture of a fallen hero. I really like your simplistic but vivid style, man.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

BadLemonsXI

• Bay Watcher
  • Lemons'o Doom.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page.
« Reply #4701 on: July 31, 2014, 05:38:13 pm »

So, here is another one. Alright, don't judge me, i still play 34.11 (I find the newer version way too buggy, waiting to do more fixing before downloading, plus the loading screens are REALLY long, specially when playing on a large world).
Hey yer something like this happened to me in the new DF.
  • Could not find my way out of a dwarf fortress.
  • Decide  to kill some people before starting a new game.
  • Start with the military commander (I get his hand off with the first steel axe swing while my military followers just watch).
  • Leave the military commander on the ground screaming in pain and go after my marks dwarf follower who turned on me. Every shot gets blocked by my shield (Get his lower left arm off first swing and proceed to hack at his lower body until dead. All the while my two remaining followers watch).
  • Then this army of cats burst through the door and start headbutting everyone (The room was full of other people too). Like everyone is still just starring at me while cats headbutt them.
  • So I carefully step over the army of cat to see where they came from and Hey! what do you know? I find the main staircase. . .ONWARD TO ADVENTURE! 
I might draw it one day.
I make comic things with my avatar for some reason.
No avatar is safe from my editing
\/\/It might be alive? Its been a year >_> 02-Nov-2017\/\/
¤Co-Gm'ing The Fear Master B-Movie ISG¤

Check out my Pixel art!

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4702 on: July 31, 2014, 05:49:42 pm »

Nice drawing.

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4703 on: July 31, 2014, 05:52:44 pm »

Hey yer something like this happened to me in the new DF.
  • Could not find my way out of a dwarf fortress.
  • Decide  to kill some people before starting a new game.
  • Start with the military commander (I get his hand off with the first steel axe swing while my military followers just watch).
  • Leave the military commander on the ground screaming in pain and go after my marks dwarf follower who turned on me. Every shot gets blocked by my shield (Get his lower left arm off first swing and proceed to hack at his lower body until dead. All the while my two remaining followers watch).
  • Then this army of cats burst through the door and start headbutting everyone (The room was full of other people too). Like everyone is still just starring at me while cats headbutt them.
  • So I carefully step over the army of cat to see where they came from and Hey! what do you know? I find the main staircase. . .ONWARD TO ADVENTURE! 
I might draw it one day.

Yeah, cats may be small and cute, but when enraged they become a killing machine!

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4704 on: July 31, 2014, 06:58:00 pm »

Well guys, the last one of today. May tomorrow bring up a lot of lame cool ideas to make more GIFs.
Alright, i know this thread is about Adventure Mode, but i found this situation just ridiculous and hilarious (It was true, but without the werenarwhal, it was a bull). Those gobbos....

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #4705 on: July 31, 2014, 07:01:03 pm »

Well guys, the last one of today. May tomorrow bring up a lot of lame cool ideas to make more GIFs.
Alright, i know this thread is about Adventure Mode, but i found this situation just ridiculous and hilarious (It was true, but without the werenarwhal, it was a bull). Those gobbos....

this made me laugh so hard. xD
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 06:43:48 am by Lord_lemonpie »

AnotherDwarvernDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4706 on: August 01, 2014, 11:13:46 am »

Thanks, people who commented on my painting. I did another from the same adventure, depicting my long trek into the north to the dark fortress of Dreadfulhoisted, source of the goblin civilization, home to a rabbit fiend and his gate to the underworld. If not for the massive lag, this story might have a conclusion.

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4707 on: August 01, 2014, 11:45:28 am »

Looks like we got an Adept Artist, because that painting is awesome! Your drawing is so simple and soothing, keep up with the good work! Really looking forward for the conclusion of your story.

Oh, yeah. Here is another one i drawed while bored, actually,all of them were drawed while i was bored. Boredom is actually a good mental state, sometimes....

AnotherDwarvernDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4708 on: August 01, 2014, 03:05:11 pm »

Despite the lag, I fought (slaughtered) my way to the Dark Fortress itself. Only got shot twice! In the same fight that I had lost in my companion in, I also lost the motor nerves in my right arm. I've been going through life wielding my shield and mace one at a time. Hence the bloody arm. The story behind this picture is that right before walking through the doors of the main building I talked to my goddess for the first time. Told her my name and my three major kills: the night troll, the vampire, and the goblin bandit leader. Then I asked her for guidance back to Tributefair (the town I had stayed in for months), and said goodbye. Then I kicked in the door and murdered every single goblin inside. I made it down into the fortress proper but now I'm considering succumbing to the lag.

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4709 on: August 01, 2014, 04:57:10 pm »

You sir, your drawings are just plain awesome. Keep up with the good work, you draw pretty well! Ha, i hope Toady implement effects when talking to deities. Anyway, awesome job as always. Looking foward for the story.

Oh yeah, this one took me over 4 hours to finish, but it's here! Ladies and gentlemen, behold!

Part 1

The Glorious Part 2  (It's a large GIF)

To those who didn't understand

If the GIF is too large to your screen, just right click it and copy the URL, and then paste it into a new tab.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 05:18:45 pm by Magnumcannon »
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 365