Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 365

Author Topic: Draw your adventures  (Read 1217222 times)

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Draw your adventures
« Reply #4980 on: November 17, 2015, 12:02:47 am »

What do you mean by nightcreature_bogeyman civs, by the way? Adding the tag to humans and such, or adding, say, bogeyman_1 to a civ definition?
The former.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4981 on: November 17, 2015, 08:12:12 am »

What do you mean by nightcreature_bogeyman civs, by the way? Adding the tag to humans and such, or adding, say, bogeyman_1 to a civ definition?
The former.
yeah the former, I did both but in the new update you can make custom bogeymen civs that could run a dwarf fort and live in buildings with out the game crashing.
just that the cackling will kill them if you activate it. this also brings up another thing I learn about bogeymen in this update, races with Nofear makes bogeys nonaggro to them. I guess there's a Raw token that makes units attack those who could show signs of panic but I don't know where.
so this means bogeymen can use an interaction that turns you into a nofear having bogey and while you don't die from being punch by tiny people you could die from the sun, or walking inside, killing all the bogeymen in the area anyway.
oh yeah one thing I learn non-dfhacking is that necromancers can get an army of bogeymen just by killing them all and raising their bodies seconds after cackling ends.
haven't seen a modder do this yet so I guess bogeymen are just that infamous around these parts.
imagine a bogeyman race that learn to cross between the cackling and back and use interactions to pull other bogeymen out by converting the bogeyman to a temp race so the cackling doesn't claim them...or just killing them and raising their bodies after cackling is over.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #4982 on: November 22, 2015, 04:24:32 pm »

well SQman the game doesn't give you adventures you have to go out and make one... or wander around til you pop into a weird scenario where fun is to be had.
also I'm modded to the gills and using dfhack.
before non mods and dfhack I just played fortress guardian and waited in keeps till one day a Demon pop up.
like god I'm asking how the hell do you guys keeps getting all the boring adventurer issues/scenarios where I get :

build a team of demon hunters to protect a random hell demon walking in and murdering everyone.
ALLY Dog LEADER of PETHOUND who follows me around killing elves with his army of animals and his second command tiger.
discovering Nightcreature_bogeyman is safe to add to civ races and activating the cackling Murders every  bogeyCiv near you if you end it.
the only one I didn't get to do is the murder your entire zombie army for the hand of a giant towering Lizard demon lady and rule over goblins.

hmm I guess I don't bother with peasant quests or hunting people and just wander around adventure mode with my group of lovable losers who will murder each other and bump up into those legendary folk.

I don't get it either rumrusher... I don't get it either..

I have some awesome adventurers.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4983 on: December 01, 2015, 03:30:32 pm »

(I feel dirty using this "style" telling a serious story, but I can't do any better)

Finally a real adventure. Started as a twiceborn Encar (Forgotten Realms Direforged) in an Encar meadhall. The lord told me about a titan. I took an encar swordsman and an encar archer (I think) and went looking for the beast.

Soon I realized I'd have to cross mountains, so I was like "screw it" and went to visit a halfling forest retreat. Recruited a hammerman, talked to some people. Apparently there were bandits.

So I sneaked up to the camp and took down two encars, one of which was an archer. Then my guys ran off to kill people. I was left alone with the ringleader. He had a copper sword, but his shield skill must have been ridiculous. Fortunately I managed to sever some nerves, and from that moment everything went smoothly. Except that my encar swordsman buddy never came back. Oh well.

Then I felt like bragging about my kill, so I headed to a wuradi(?) meadhall. Just outside I noticed a gorlak swordsman running from something. I recruited him and barged into the meadhall. There was a copper dragon deity murderizing some unfortunate wuradi. She breathed sleeping gas at my team, but I don't think it worked as intended. Either way she was ripping through my allies while I was desperately trying to do any harm. My sword was bouncing off every time. Finally, with a lucky hit to the leg, I chipped her bone which made her prone. One quick stab to the head later, and I was victorious. Then I learned it was the dragon empress, so to add insult to horrible death, I claimed the site for myself.

Then I was brutally murdered by who I assume was an assassin sent by people who didn't want me to be a local ruler.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4984 on: December 01, 2015, 11:27:44 pm »

I like how the second last panel makes the head look more humanoid in form (the orange being long hair, the nose and smoke being a helmet or crown of a sort and the horns being part of their garb.

Well done!
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4985 on: December 01, 2015, 11:29:35 pm »

I would love to see a Dwarf drinking alcohol made out of RAW SEWAGE and puking from supposed "alcohol poisoning" that was caused by him drinking Raw sewage.
Waluigi rushes to aid him, but not before warning Bowser, "Don't expect mouth-to-mouth!"

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4986 on: December 02, 2015, 12:21:24 am »

so here's my current 42.01 adventurer, where fira beachtoes has build up a band name  Spideryacts The Infamous Buttery Toast-Tufts of Bending

... who skills are basically dancing and singing.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4987 on: December 02, 2015, 04:08:54 am »

After getting some humans and a crow man killed, i got inspired to make a cool spiderperson (not as cool as spiderman, but close).

Playing on peasant difficulty, he's learning how to fight dwarf style, by fleeing down an underground highway fighting cave fish men.

edit: was actually doing pretty good, until i sneak multi-attacked a dwarf marksman and in our epic battle, i was shot in the leg, and pushed into an underground river..... can't climb while prone, and spiders aren't know for their swimming abilities.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 04:23:52 am by Megaman_zx »
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4988 on: December 02, 2015, 04:32:26 am »

learn a new word that I kinda wish I didn't.
also that fira has learn 2 ribald poems one called battle and the other is patience.
oh that and I learn that ribald is :

referring to sexual matters in an amusingly rude or irreverent way.
so my spiderlady was reciting dirty limericks to a crowd

I'm starting to wonder what kind of band did I make.
"body swapping and YOU!"

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #4989 on: December 02, 2015, 04:39:18 am »

"You smell elf on the wind"
Lol.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4990 on: December 02, 2015, 05:11:46 am »

That trademark combination of sentient flesh, hemp, trees, and not taking baths.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Ragnarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4991 on: December 02, 2015, 05:49:29 am »

Avafi Ulaadela, Elf Woodcrafter: I'm aroused!

You smell  elf on the wind.

...You know where this is going.
Dabbling Overseer

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4992 on: December 02, 2015, 06:46:57 am »

Uhh it goes to finding a bandit leader Necromancer commander and deciding to play the same poem and wow him from said performance?
"body swapping and YOU!"

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4993 on: December 02, 2015, 06:55:54 am »

(free to Focusedto conHunge)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4994 on: December 02, 2015, 12:24:53 pm »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 365