Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 365

Author Topic: Draw your adventures  (Read 1218210 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: Draw your adventures
« Reply #5280 on: April 10, 2017, 12:32:38 pm »

YYYYEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #5281 on: April 11, 2017, 09:38:28 am »

"Monster ! You are eating bread made from crushed barley ! Don't you know that barley is a plant, and plants are living creatures just like you and me?
-You make no difference between you and barley?
-No it's all the same !!"

Spoiler: Alrighty then (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 10:31:33 am by Cathar »

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #5282 on: April 11, 2017, 11:45:30 am »

"Monster ! You are eating bread made from crushed barley ! Don't you know that barley is a plant, and plants are living creatures just like you and me?
-You make no difference between you and barley?
-No it's all the same !!"

Spoiler: Alrighty then (click to show/hide)

This gives new meaning to "elf bread"...

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5283 on: April 12, 2017, 02:20:56 am »

You're an elf (or goblin) if you eat it.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #5284 on: April 12, 2017, 06:18:48 am »

You're an elf (or goblin) if you eat it.

Who are you calling a barley?! Im not a plant sir.

Besides we cant eat it only because of a bug that makes elves into sentient creatures, I hope it will be corrected in next update :D

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5285 on: April 12, 2017, 02:13:12 pm »

This is quite an amazing thread.

So here's my requisite non-artistic PTW. Sorry for the disappointment (You do not want to see any of my "art". It is thoroughly unartistic and uninspired and also unappealing. Somewhat unsatisfactory as well.).
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5286 on: April 12, 2017, 04:09:30 pm »

Show us your art anyways!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5287 on: April 12, 2017, 04:35:37 pm »

That's the point. I have none. The last "art" I drew was crude stick figure drawings from when I was 10. Er, rather, visual art. I do play instruments with at least some measure of mediocrity. However, I do not have any drawing skill at all, I have no drawings at all, and I'm not going to make any (Too much effort ;))
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #5288 on: April 12, 2017, 09:03:22 pm »

A bit of a chill pictures of some of my teammates.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also ! If you draw stickmen, post stickmen (or stickdorfs). Not only that's how you improve but everyone enjoy it a great deal :D

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5289 on: April 12, 2017, 09:19:57 pm »

>implying practice alone makes up for lack of talent
I can do exact copies of art at this point, I can do anatomical diagrams, when I try to apply this to produce new images... it ain't the same. Perhaps it is because I'm more excited at the thought of being able to make art than I am the act of making it, who knows, but don't discount talent.

Having a drive to commit to practicing and learning how to convert things inside your head into images you can share with others is a talent all by itself, besides the actual technical aspect. I've accumulated lots of odd skills, my main talent or class would be "jack of all trades" but my artistic skill is focused entirely in drumming apparently, which overlaps to dancing.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #5290 on: April 12, 2017, 09:25:12 pm »

You increase your skill by practicing, but the road from dabbling to legendary is very long :u
Craft pictures :U

Even if they are crappy theyll be funnier than my stuff

nuget102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5291 on: April 12, 2017, 09:30:34 pm »

Cathar you  have the art style I wish to have some day. But alas, I haven't drawn since high school (about three years) but I may draw something soon, just some small doodles. If I do I'll post them here.

Thanks for posting your art, it's kind of inspired me.

Also reminder to everyone that doesn't want to upload because it 'isn't good enough' or 'I don't want to post just figures' I remind you to click back to be first page, first post. This thread literally started from stick figure drawings.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 09:32:54 pm by nuget102 »
The fort where filth melts your skin! (updated 4/9/15)

Curiosity killed the cat.
Satisfaction brought it back.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5292 on: April 12, 2017, 09:32:45 pm »

Yeah, but you're, as I said before, a talented doodlebastard Cathar. Encouraging others is noble, but recognize that as a talented doodlebastard it's a lot shorter looking road from the legendary side.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #5293 on: April 12, 2017, 09:35:25 pm »

I don't want to spawn a debate over skill, but really really really, I started to draw during philosophy courses  in college, having been told all my life I couldn't draw for shit because no talent. Sure it takes some dedication and maybe it's true everyone will not make it from absolute zero to pro, but it's fun, do it :D

Seriously no one will judge you and you might discover something you love doing. Don't aim at being pro, aim at having fun

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5294 on: April 12, 2017, 09:54:28 pm »

I'm not saying to stop offering inspiring tips and such, but downplaying art like yours as "just a doodle" is like 'well fuck' from this side of the talent road. Classes can help, practice definitely helps, but the dedication to go through all of that is a talent too.
Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 365