Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 357 358 [359] 360 361 ... 365

Author Topic: Draw your adventures  (Read 1216216 times)

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Draw your adventures
« Reply #5370 on: January 01, 2018, 04:02:18 am »

Why did mr. Otter want Susan and Lucy in his den.
He was very mixed up, on account of being written as Mr. Beaver.

Mind you, I doubt those shillelagh-tailed overbiters are all that innocent. Natural selection is one heck of a drug...
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 04:11:10 am by Urlance Woolsbane »
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #5371 on: January 01, 2018, 04:21:57 am »

I realised just after posting, then thought "ah to hell with it. If men can be women, beavers can be otters." :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5372 on: January 01, 2018, 10:56:40 am »

That borked my brain almost as much as me telling a df joke to the missus because of her response after this: Did you hear the one about the anaconda men and the giant asses?

She paused and said "ass-moth" and I was like.. 'fuck you, you're an ass-moth' and the giggles set in... I think she was trying to reference the "did you hear the one about the moth men and ass demons" joke but fuck.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #5373 on: January 01, 2018, 05:24:15 pm »

I run a DF D&D campaign. I freaked out my players with a description of a dark horror. They found it at its lair. They opened the door to find it cutting something up with a knife. It turned around like lightning and immediately attacked them, completely silent. Then it was breaking joints, climbing over shields, prying off armor, and it was all the players could do to keep it off them.
how tho
Well, Toady One once said that DF didn't have a generic fantasy world, it had a generic fantasy world generator. I took him literally. DF generated the bones, I put flesh on.
 - Necromancy has been expanded into Secrets, which are given by gods and provide magic to their bearers. There's one for each sphere plus a few more I added.
 - The beginning of worldgen has been explained away by the Dawn of Memory. Everyone just sort of woke up in their cities with no idea how they got there.
 - A lot of the gameisms have been removed. People work as teams a lot more often.
 - The world is a cube with four medium worlds for sides. Barriers prevent the sides from interacting (usually). The sun has a square orbit.

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5374 on: January 01, 2018, 10:22:21 pm »

That borked my brain almost as much as me telling a df joke to the missus because of her response after this: Did you hear the one about the anaconda men and the giant asses?

She paused and said "ass-moth" and I was like.. 'fuck you, you're an ass-moth' and the giggles set in... I think she was trying to reference the "did you hear the one about the moth men and ass demons" joke but fuck.
Truly, you are blessed, for she is an Oracle of the Travesticator Itself! Be sure to make regular sacrifices of muck trollocs and octopulating eyellow spiders, so as to maintain her powers and ward off the dreaded flay-ayes.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #5375 on: March 03, 2018, 05:59:59 pm »

I really hope it doesn't counts as a necro, this thread is pretty big and not that old, so I think it's okay if I bump it a wee bit
So...Someone asked if it would be interesting to just take a stroll with one's character and just enjoy the stroll, so here's some elements of answer ; to me it was. That combined with other factor (urgent need to chill+kinda want to see old characters again) and here we are. So introducing the chilliest adventure ever.
With some music should you need some

We're halfway through !

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5376 on: March 03, 2018, 06:16:07 pm »

First of all this thread is exactly where those things should go.

But what happened! You should also fill us in on what events inspired this great series of arts.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #5377 on: March 03, 2018, 06:27:34 pm »

Basically, I de-retired my baby Luki Usupim, and saw she was living with a family of peasants. During the watershield era, she just decided she had enough of living her life as a lady and moved to a small hamlet on her own, without any instruction of my part. So that's where she lived for....10 years maybe?

Things have changed a lot in the world since she retired, and she hasn't seen her old friends for a long time. So she decided to take a trip to the ruins they are still at. She has to travel half the known world for it, but even on medium size worlds, it's a trip that took a big week. So what I did is, I took a bunch of screenshots, and I'm drawing every little event, landscape, people she met during her small and happy trip to see her friends.

Again, a big ball of comfy chillaxing adventure

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5378 on: March 03, 2018, 06:38:35 pm »

It's like the epilogue montage at the end of the grand adventure. Very cool :)
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5379 on: March 03, 2018, 07:04:22 pm »

Good to see you and your awesome art return, Cathar. ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #5380 on: March 03, 2018, 07:26:22 pm »

But I'll always been there ! Awesome community, bay12 is. The best I've ever be in by far. Awesome game, awesome community, I'm here to stay :D

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5381 on: March 03, 2018, 07:31:33 pm »

You keep making me want to play adventure mode, Cathar.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #5382 on: March 03, 2018, 07:49:21 pm »

YES
Do it ! Adventure mode is love.
Also if someone would be super mega nice to improve the gui/family affairs and the fix-ster fert DFhack scripts to add lovers and wedding in adventurer mode, they would make me a happy man for real :3

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5383 on: March 03, 2018, 07:59:49 pm »

I'd probably get super into it then, too. I'm sure my wife would become emotionally involved. She named my herb plants.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #5384 on: March 03, 2018, 08:10:15 pm »

That wouldn't be hard, though.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 357 358 [359] 360 361 ... 365