Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 364

Author Topic: Draw your adventures  (Read 890667 times)

Dragooble

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Draw your adventures
« Reply #75 on: July 16, 2009, 12:04:09 am »

i don't understand all the eaten by wolves noise really. i start with skilled in weapon and shield and i can easily tear wolves apart.
Logged
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

tomas1297

  • Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
Re: Draw your adventures
« Reply #76 on: July 16, 2009, 01:59:40 am »

Same here.
Logged
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Kay

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Draw your adventures
« Reply #77 on: July 16, 2009, 03:24:49 am »

Usually it isn't too much of an issue, but regardless of whether they kill me or not, there are usually 8 - 10 wolves every four squares on my maps. Or a couple bears/cougars. If I have a decent fighter, he does pretty well, but if he's a crossbowman like Anusanus was... well, it becomes rape time. Unless it's a Cyclops. He killed those things pretty fast.
Logged

piecewise

  • Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Draw your adventures
« Reply #78 on: July 16, 2009, 03:21:05 pm »

The major problems here are our perceptions and Littlewood's law.

Littlewood's law basically says that given enough chances anything can happen. So the wolves just play the odds; 8-10 wolves every 4 squares means roughly an average of 225 wolves you'll encounter every 100 squares. If they have a .1 % chance of inflicting a lucky fatal wound every time they attack (we'll assume they only attack once a piece) then the equation is.
Chances it will happen every 100 squares.
99.9^225= approx 80% chance it won't happen, so 20% it will happen.

Now this ignores all the other variables but it gives you some idea of the problem. When you fight 1000 wolves then the chances of one getting lucky are pretty high. And we, as people, tend to remember that one bullshit wolf alot more then we remember the 30 billion others we slaughtered. Hence all the killed by wolves comics.

Skibiliano

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Draw your adventures
« Reply #79 on: July 16, 2009, 03:54:08 pm »

This is a true story!
(Although, this happened a long time ago and I just came back from vacation so I don't remember how he says the stuff, But hopefully you get the idea)

For some misc details about the demon and the location
Spoiler (click to show/hide)


« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 06:43:16 pm by Skibiliano »
Logged
GENERATION 10:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

tomas1297

  • Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
Re: Draw your adventures
« Reply #80 on: July 17, 2009, 03:11:33 am »

I should try embarking with 6 miners and a mechanic/mason just to collapse a tower.Never done that.
Logged
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Rashilul

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Draw your adventures
« Reply #81 on: July 17, 2009, 11:22:34 am »

Start with seven engravers so you can engrave a tower instead
Logged

tomas1297

  • Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
Re: Draw your adventures
« Reply #82 on: July 17, 2009, 11:50:34 am »

Collapsing was more fun.
Logged
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

piecewise

  • Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Draw your adventures
« Reply #83 on: July 17, 2009, 12:45:30 pm »

Collapsing was more fun.
Engrave the entire thing with masterwork engravings
collapse entire structure
masturbate tearfully

Jervous

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Draw your adventures
« Reply #84 on: July 17, 2009, 02:31:03 pm »

(Pictures are in spoilers 'cuz they're big.)

After a ton of elves destroyed most of the human towns, I created a bunch of human adventurers, then brought them all together and attacked a town. After we owned a ton of children and druids, we went to the only Dark Tower, which was in ruins because there was a chasm near by. Anyway, we fought our way to the top of the tower. The entrance was actually at the top of the tower by the way. When we all caught up, we noticed one person was missing: our pikeman. I saw him outside being wrestled by troglodytes and antmen! We ran as fast as we could and began to kill them. Here is the memorial pictures I made of our attempted rescue:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
One of my Swordsmans shed a tear, hacking and slashing through troglodytes, while our axeman cut down some more fuggin' troglodytes. Our hammerman up front squashes up some ants.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Our bowwoman and crossbowman fire bolts and arrows and kill the monsters from afar.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The hot lasher and my main character, a swordsman, mourn for they have not made it in time. They see the antman that killed our pikeman holding his two eyeballs in it's chitinous arms. In a final effort, the swordsman throws his sword.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The sword cuts right through the neck, decapitating the ant and sending it's head flying a few meters away. The companions grieve for their lost soldier, and then walk off, carrying his body and the ant's body to his birthplace.


*cries*  :'(
Logged

Tradanbattlan

  • Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Re: Draw your adventures
« Reply #85 on: July 17, 2009, 02:39:34 pm »

...tis a wonderful story.
I shed a tear.

tomas1297

  • Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
Re: Draw your adventures
« Reply #86 on: July 18, 2009, 03:39:19 am »

The adventures of Urist and the Tentacle Demons:Shortened version

Logged
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Warlord of Woe

  • Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Axeman : : Legendary Armor user
    • View Profile
Re: Draw your adventures
« Reply #87 on: July 18, 2009, 06:08:30 am »

This particular scenario pissed me off. A lot.

I present the Great Dwarven Novel, which speaks for itself, depicting a tragedy that has befallen all too many people:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also I think the thread has just turned into "Draw your death" :p
Not that I'm helping remedy that situation or anything.
Logged
BLOOD FOR BLOOD GOD!

Yanlin

  • Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
Re: Draw your adventures
« Reply #88 on: July 18, 2009, 06:47:50 am »

I've always wondered why you can't swim up no matter what your skill is or even if you're buck naked.
Logged
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

HailFire

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Draw your adventures
« Reply #89 on: July 19, 2009, 10:02:28 am »

I've always wondered why you can't swim up no matter what your skill is or even if you're buck naked.

Actually, you can.

I've tried flying/aquatic amphibious adventurers before; you use the </> keys to change Z-levels, but only if sperate Z-levels are already present (e.g. you can fly in a tavern, over a chasm, or near a hill, but not over a flat desert). The only place I've found multiple Z-levels in water is in the ocean.

Unless that's not what you meant.  :-\
Logged
Quote
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
Quote
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 364