Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 365

Author Topic: Draw your adventures  (Read 1218269 times)

Baron Baconeer

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:horrifying features]
    • View Profile
Re: Draw your adventures
« Reply #975 on: April 18, 2011, 06:38:14 am »

Yeah, I think I'll test that danger room thing. Oh, magmawiki's down. Oh well, I think it was made with menacing iron spikes.

SUPER RIPOFF POWERS ENGAGE
Yes, mother ****ing walruses stormed in through my well room, fatally gored my expedition leader, and danced off into the frosty tundra to sing happy walrus songs about oysters.

Vic Romano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: April 19, 2011, 08:33:53 pm »

I feel like every time I think i've killed all the bandits and i go to steal that precious bronze armor, theres one GREEN archer left

Vic Romano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: April 19, 2011, 10:05:23 pm »

Why not one more

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: April 20, 2011, 06:46:32 am »

Your adventurer looks super worried, and with reason.
Everybody!

Nasikabatrachus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who watchdwarfs the watchdwarves?
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: April 20, 2011, 10:58:45 am »

It looks like the Night Creature has a simple strike; direct hit on just about everything.
"I want to have goblins about me, for I am courageous. The courage which scareth away ghosts, createth for itself goblins--it wanteth to laugh." Thus Spake Zarathustra, chapter 7, Friedrich Nietzsche

Vic Romano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: April 20, 2011, 08:36:17 pm »

I've been ill and trapped at home with nothing but dwarf fort to keep me occupied, hence the incessant drawings

My adventurer had an excellent career. Using nothing but his humble dagger he rose to considerable fame, until a swordsman got a lucky shot in and took off his left hand... He calmly returned the favor in spades.

Vic Romano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: April 21, 2011, 12:08:40 am »

Legendary Archer
Legendary Thrower

kissa3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: April 21, 2011, 01:30:28 am »

Hahahahaha, :) That last one is so true.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: April 21, 2011, 01:49:21 am »

All too common...
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

iyaerP

• Bay Watcher
  • has mandated the production of 3 gold shields.
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: April 21, 2011, 02:16:49 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gather round young children, and let me tell you the story of Dishmab Shorest, the mighty adventurer. Dishmab was a normal young man, until one day out of the blue, he stood up, told his friends and family that he was going to become an adventurer. He grabbed his backpack, and left the house. Ten feet outside the house, he stopped, and stooped down to pick up a rock that had caught his eye in the dirt of the farmyard. Standing back up, he put this rock into his backpack, only to pull it back out, and throw it as hard as he could at the very spot where he had pulled it from the ground. At this point, we thought nothing of it, only to watch in confusion as he bent over again and repeated the same sequence of events; pick up the rock, put it in his backpack, take it out, and then throw it as hard as he could at the ground.

Again and again this strange tablaeu repeated itself, and we rapidly became quite confused. Queries to Dishmab were met with silence, and nothing seemed to bring him out of the strange daze that he seemed to be in. His eyes were glazed over, and his concentration unwaveringly focused on the same repetition of actions. Pick up the rock, store it in the bag, pull it out, and then throw it as hard as he could at the ground. After ten minutes or so of this foolishness, we grew bored of watching the odd spectacle and got back to the work of tending a farm, but as the day wore on, we were amazed at how unerringly precise dishmab's movements were. As the hours turned, we came tot he conclusion that he had gone quite mad, but eventually he must get tired and stop, and then we would take him before the mayor, or perhaps a priest.

But he didn't get tired. Not when the sun set, not when even when it rose again had he moved in the slightest, other than to pick up and throw that one single rock. For two whole days, and two hole nights, he stood there doing nothing but throwing that rock into the ground, and we gave up any hope of his returning to normalcy. Then abruptlyl, at the crack of dawn, 48 hours since he had stepped outside and started throwing that stupid rock, he put it in his bag and left it there. With a single mutter of "Alright, now for ambush swimming training." He began a hilariously poor attempt at sneaking towards the local brook before leaping in, whereupon he was promptly torne to shreds by the local sturgeon population.

A tragic end to be sure, but what else can one expect from someone who has been beset upon by madness. We thought all would go back to normal until the very next morning when Minknot promptly declared that her name was now Dishmab II and stepped outside to the same spot that dishmab had taken up and began to throw stones at the ground......
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then youkill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.
Dwarf Fortress: So horrifying the players would rather talk about nice things, like Warhammer 40k.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: April 21, 2011, 03:10:55 am »

was promptly torne to shreds by the local sturgeon population.

Hehehehe :D

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: April 21, 2011, 03:39:09 am »

was promptly torne to shreds by the local sturgeon population.

Hehehehe :D
So true.
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: April 21, 2011, 03:58:50 am »

DF, the only games that rewards you for your hard work with homicidal fish.
Hello Hunam

iyaerP

• Bay Watcher
  • has mandated the production of 3 gold shields.
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: April 21, 2011, 07:08:26 am »

Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then youkill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.
Dwarf Fortress: So horrifying the players would rather talk about nice things, like Warhammer 40k.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: April 21, 2011, 11:16:33 am »

really..........the peasant?
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 365