Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 365

Author Topic: Draw your adventures  (Read 1216255 times)

UpToShenanigans

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Draw your adventures
« Reply #1290 on: June 11, 2011, 01:17:25 am »

So... yeah.
Basically what my strategy is.
I approve of these shenanigans.

iyaerP

• Bay Watcher
  • has mandated the production of 3 gold shields.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: June 11, 2011, 06:41:58 pm »

So... yeah.
Basically what my strategy is.

Well yeah. You also get a lot more weapons training out of that strategy than any else on account of making more swings at the target.

Once I have incapped everyone I am fighting, I like to slowly go around the field and spend as much time as possible stabbing off ears, teeth, eyes toes and whathave you so that I can get as many possible blows on each training dummyenemy as I can.

1: Its more blood for Armok.
2: Skills you up way faster than just headshotting them for a kill.
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then youkill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.
Dwarf Fortress: So horrifying the players would rather talk about nice things, like Warhammer 40k.

Montague

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: June 11, 2011, 11:14:32 pm »

I'm not great at drawing/ art. I don't have the patience for it. When I had art classes in Hauptschule, I had lots of time and I did very good work.

But... now I scribble for a minute or two and quit. I want to make maybe a comic or a panel with 5 human soldiers and my adventurer with his -iron pick- just tearing apart some night creature, prone on the ground in pain, in its lair. An act of retribution justice, which is awesome.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1293 on: June 12, 2011, 12:41:47 am »

On dragons, treasure, and temperature transfer.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #1294 on: June 12, 2011, 07:02:23 pm »

Haha, nice, but the layout confuses me. :P (most people do left to right the entire way before going one row down)
I think we by now can conclude that DF does, in fact, have a schizophrenic temperature system. Standing next to lava is totally fine, but stepping on dragonfired loot will cause immediate immolation? There must be a way to weaponize this. If only you could coax dragons into being living furnaces... (DRAGON SMELTER: SMELTING ORE AND FAT AT LEGENDARY SPEEDS)

Also, dorfen woodcutting.

That must be why they don't like each other all that much.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Angry Bob

• Bay Watcher
  • Prone to catastrophic apathy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: June 12, 2011, 08:00:16 pm »

Shook needs to make an illustrated guide to the new adventurer mode infection remedy.
FUN FOR THE FUN GOD

Frostbite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Kobold jerk
« Reply #1296 on: June 12, 2011, 10:19:53 pm »

Wish i had even the slightest talent for drawing because i have an adventurer right now that is such an asshole..

Genesis mod

Kobold legendary Wrestler biter thrower and ambusher
Dislikes: Elf's

Started out simple enough, Got the new mod and wanted to test it out.
First animal i came across it did a bite attack for some reason on the sand lions right testicle and tore it away.. I was in shock when i read that

So began his story , The biggest asshole kobold in the world

He sneaks up behind his prey, tears off their testicles with his maw and then proceeds to either leave them in their pain and suffer or pummel them to death with their own jewels (throwing )

Current count "22 elf testicle pairs, some kids
10 or so animals

best adventurer ever.
« Reply #1297 on: June 13, 2011, 02:29:50 am »

This just happened to Tokenup Dankweeds, The Smooth Purple Smoke-Slayer of Bitches:

Horizon9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: June 14, 2011, 05:57:29 pm »

Wait, so your head sailed off in an ark?
What are you, some sort of necromancer? :P
That would be pretty cool, though...
Urist's Ark, a classic retelling of the story of Urist McNoah, who collected two of every sock and rode out the Great Magma Flood on an *Oak Wood Ark*.
What a tiny roc. I guess I could call it a pebbl.

Baron Baconeer

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:horrifying features]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: June 14, 2011, 06:21:57 pm »

Wait, so your head sailed off in an ark?
What are you, some sort of necromancer? :P
That would be pretty cool, though...
Urist's Ark, a classic retelling of the story of Urist McNoah, who collected two of every sock and rode out the Great Magma Flood on an *Oak Wood Ark*.

God strikes earth with flood, and Urist McNoah sails off in an ark.
Yes, mother ****ing walruses stormed in through my well room, fatally gored my expedition leader, and danced off into the frosty tundra to sing happy walrus songs about oysters.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: June 14, 2011, 07:20:55 pm »

God strikes earth with flood, and Urist McNoah sails off in an ark.
Sigged
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: June 14, 2011, 09:39:22 pm »

I made a comic... It was made very quickly, and sloppily, just so you know. (Except for the last frame.)
I call it...

Never Insult A Dwarf.

minno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: June 14, 2011, 10:43:09 pm »

I have a drawing request here.

Mrmac23

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: June 15, 2011, 11:15:34 am »

My friend was playing DF for the first time yesterday and without him realising he was attacked by a Longnose Gar. For some reason, it was invisible, and he had no idea what a longnose was.

We now have a running gag about longnose gars being sentient noses that hover around by breathing making a noise like a bee, and taking over the world by cutting people's noses off to make more of them. SOMEONE HAS TO DRAW THIS.

He also drew himself fighting a Night Creature and spending the entire fight with his legs wrapped around its throat.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: June 15, 2011, 11:30:23 am »

My friend was playing DF for the first time yesterday and without him realising he was attacked by a Longnose Gar. For some reason, it was invisible, and he had no idea what a longnose was.

We now have a running gag about longnose gars being sentient noses that hover around by breathing making a noise like a bee, and taking over the world by cutting people's noses off to make more of them. SOMEONE HAS TO DRAW THIS.

He also drew himself fighting a Night Creature and spending the entire fight with his legs wrapped around its throat.
Longnose gars are fishes.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 365