Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 365

Author Topic: Draw your adventures  (Read 1211717 times)

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
Re: Draw your adventures
« Reply #2475 on: January 26, 2012, 03:49:35 pm »

Boss Knight vs. Hamstone...

Commence!
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: January 26, 2012, 04:56:41 pm »

Keep hamstone comics coming ;D

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #2477 on: January 26, 2012, 04:59:18 pm »

Boss Knight? Well i would, but my complete inability to draw someone as awesome as Boss Knight would be an insult to him, Logrin and the entirety of Bay12. That doesn't mean i'm not going to try at some point though, Danes like me are already infamous for inadvertently insulting everyone anyways. :P (well hey, we make fun of every single known face in our own country, it's borderline tradition (caricatures in particular are ubiquitous and hilarious (though apparently the middle east didn't think so)))
In any case, i need to establish Hamstones level of ham even more before he gets to meet Boss Knight, because such an encounter would surely end in a calhamity of unprecedented scale. Or maybe they would rock the world in the most hamazing team-up ever???

p.s. i regret none of these puns, and by Odin there is so much more to come that you will groan yourself hoarse

p.p.s. i mean it in the most positive way when i call Boss Knight hammy because he is the bossest of all knights i have yet to see

The main concern about Hamstone is that he's really hard to make into an effective adventurer in DF. A wall of granite is a fair approximation (it can crush people and is made of granite), but Hamstone moves around by his own power! But if you're cool with me posting entirely made-up adventures, then i shall proceed. I'll probably also proceed if you're not cool with it.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: January 26, 2012, 06:08:05 pm »

Hamstone wouldn't be too hard to make.  He's basically a ball of granite, right?  I could probably throw something together in the next hour or so, when I get back to my computer.

EDIT: Here goes.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That should be the basic outline, and I'm going to do some testing and keep working on it.

EDIT2:  Hamstone is now bigger, as per Shook's recommendation.
EDIT3:  Put this into entity_default.txt:
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 08:02:34 pm by Gizogin »
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: January 26, 2012, 07:17:39 pm »

The main concern about Hamstone is that he's really hard to make into an effective adventurer in DF. A wall of granite is a fair approximation (it can crush people and is made of granite), but Hamstone moves around by his own power! But if you're cool with me posting entirely made-up adventures, then i shall proceed. I'll probably also proceed if you're not cool with it.
As long as it's funny :P

It doesn't seem difficult to draw. Maybe I'll try to draw Hamstone too sometime, if you don't have a copyright or trademark or any stuff like that on Hamstone™ :D

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #2480 on: January 26, 2012, 07:40:07 pm »

Go right ahead, copyrighting a character who's essentially a boulder with shades would be silly. :P (I'm sure I don't need to remind you to make him hamtastic)

@Gizogin: You're awesome, did you know that? c:
One thing though, his size should probably be something like a sphere with a radius just short of a meter (i contrive most non-dorf chars to be 1,8 meters tall, Hamstone is a bit more than that). 300000-ish? And with a full-body attack he could probably bowl people down like twigs. Puny, hamless twigs. Hamstone adventurer is serious science!!!
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: January 26, 2012, 07:57:42 pm »

@Gizogin: You're awesome, did you know that? c:
One thing though, his size should probably be something like a sphere with a radius just short of a meter (i contrive most non-dorf chars to be 1,8 meters tall, Hamstone is a bit more than that). 300000-ish? And with a full-body attack he could probably bowl people down like twigs. Puny, hamless twigs. Hamstone adventurer is serious science!!!

I was just using 60000 for the body size as a placeholder, while I got the structure and stuff down.  To make him a sphere with a radius of around 90cm, his size would need to be around 3 million.  Even as he is now, Hamstone is a killing machine, so I might reduce his speed a bit when I upscale him.  His basic crushing attack can easily break bones and rupture organs.
Also, what did you think of the vocalizations?  The second one is my favorite, because when you're just rolling around doing stuff it displays "You are awesome."
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 08:16:50 pm by Gizogin »
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: January 26, 2012, 08:15:16 pm »

Alright here it is.

Yeah my drawing isn't really good too :P

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: January 26, 2012, 08:17:35 pm »

While on the subject of ham, I offer for your viewing pleasure:
COG WRATHHAMMER, ADVENTURER EXTRAORDINAIRE

Cog Wrathhammer, Adept Thrower

Cog Wrathhammer makes a house call

(click the thumbnails for the larger picture)
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: January 26, 2012, 09:55:30 pm »

Another hamstone :D

I want to see some from Shook too!

Cog Wrathhammer makes a house call

Good one! You should start a series about this character too ;D

Soon, the only comics in the world will be about Dwarf Fortress. Bwahahahahaha!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 06:45:38 am by Leatra »

Aiki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: January 27, 2012, 10:02:10 am »

This thread so damn awesome that it inspires me to draw some wtf moments of mine. I might do some :)
"A dwarf loves his beard more than his near."

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: January 27, 2012, 12:08:18 pm »

Cog Wrathhammer does mercenary work

(click for larger)

Once again, Cog shows off his throwing skill.  Just wait until I actually start including his hammer.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #2487 on: January 27, 2012, 12:29:05 pm »

Ahaha, you guys, this is bloody brilliant. ALL OF IT. :'D
Also, HAMSTONE CATAPULT

He is very viable ammunition indeed.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: January 27, 2012, 12:34:42 pm »

Now I must see if I can summon an Idea upon ye, Good Sir ;)

What about a dwarf shaped Urist McBlock, who walks up to his enemies, then collapses on them? :D
Dwarf shaped? OK HERE YOU GO

He's rather less hammy than Urist McBoulder. In fact i think i shall officially name that boulder Hamstone. In the near future i shall try to make him approach bossknight-level hamminess, but actually getting there is probably impossible. :P

Oh my god.
I think Im in love!

C-c-can... can i keep it?
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: January 27, 2012, 12:39:02 pm »

Christopher Walken on Shook:

"This guy... is un-fucking-believable."

Hamstone is magnificent. That's really all there is to say on the matter. ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 365