Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 365

Author Topic: Draw your adventures  (Read 1211875 times)

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
Re: Draw your adventures
« Reply #4020 on: January 01, 2013, 07:24:31 pm »

Also, somehow never stumbled upon this before, but:

There is no sunlight when you are dead.

You have lost track of time since your death.

Being dead is cold and clammy.

Somehow, this creeps me the fuck out and is also a little depressing. No matter what your adventurer has done, in the end they lie where they fell, cold, sunless, and so utterly alone that time loses meaning.
Sometimes, especially if you die on a site like a goblin fortress (in 40d, at least) or a bandit camp, things will happen to you after death. Like having your corpse impaled on a spike as an example to others. This happens to me a lot.

Crabs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4021 on: January 03, 2013, 10:09:03 am »

Played as slightly modified crab (Can learn, speak, open doors, use a few weapons etc.).
Had to kill a vampire in a town.
Killed every single Kobold in the dungeon unter the palace.'
No Vampire Kobold?!
The town's Lord is about to enter the hall, souspiciusly glowing...
Accuse him of being a night creature and he goes batshit insane, killing the last of my followers. The rest was killed by the kobolds.
I, still sneaking, clip his foot off with my pincer and then begin to chop up his whole upper body until he dies of blood loss.
Took his human bone crown as a trophy.
:3

« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 10:11:45 am by Crabs »
(\/) (*o*) (\/)

Mister Crabby the Pincers of Stabbing?

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4022 on: January 03, 2013, 10:13:04 am »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 03:29:30 pm by Ogdibus »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4023 on: January 03, 2013, 01:18:28 pm »

What is his name?

WE MUST KNOW!

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4024 on: January 03, 2013, 03:08:14 pm »

Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4025 on: January 03, 2013, 03:14:47 pm »

That made my morning. We need MORE!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 02:01:11 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Crabs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4026 on: January 04, 2013, 03:30:18 am »

What is his name?

WE MUST KNOW!

*sheds a tear*
Names don't matter when you're dead... if you know what I mean.
I-I was alone, outside of town- at night. I knew it was stupid but it was just a mile to the next town and I overestimated myself.
They ambushed me. Many of them. BOGEYMEN  :(!.

This shall be the name that people should remember for ages!

That made my morning. We need MORE!

I can't see it.
(\/) (*o*) (\/)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4027 on: January 04, 2013, 02:02:15 pm »

Whoops! Image fixed.

Dead? And they didn't even have the decency to steam him?

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile
« Reply #4028 on: January 05, 2013, 12:47:39 am »

Haha this is awesome... even better then Wild strawberry o.0

sorry i havent posted in a while, i was making a new animation. no i'm totally not bringing this up as a cheap way to advertise something that has nothing to do with DF.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4029 on: January 05, 2013, 05:35:53 am »

So I started a 1x1 fort for my female dwarf adventurer Zuglar (east to the other 1x1 fort that is filled with bogeymen), due to some weird coding in the script I couldn't retire in the site. Zalgur had to move into a human fort while her place had to be reclaimed by a bunch of dwarves. when she came back the whole place was over run by night creatures ranging from midnight trolls to spouces of shadows on top of the local minotaur and quillbeasts(genesis mod). Zuglar fought her way into the main room of her underground home to find a wyrm near by, some how one of the many beasts spew fire and lit most of the hostiles in the area leading to a quick match against a bandit elf. during all this fighting the embark group are dying to the horde above. then when Zalgur finish killing off the hostile wildlife and elf in the home she lock all her doors and made a room to store the soon to be rotting bodies.
she sat in that room waiting, and waiting for a spell she pick up from the human fort she rested in once to work.

the cloud soon fill up the room scattering the junk she threw in spilling everything all over the floors above.
it work, soon she heard cries and thuds above, the burning and screaming of all those who dared invade today.
then suddenly she got and idea a weird idea an idea that must have came from the hours of waiting and the bloodshed.
I'm The Mayor of DWARF-HOLE!
She agreed on this, after the smoke settled above and the moans died down she went along and clean up her home. Sat up a mayor office and the paper work to go with it, she even got a nursery for Ungbuga's children.
here's a screen cap of "Zuglar Whipgrouped The Alchemical Limb"  home DWARF-HOLE

So far testing what craze events I can get into with this fort, this is the first time an adventurer just elects themselves as mayor.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Freshmaniscoolman

• Bay Watcher
  • Internecivus raptus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4030 on: January 08, 2013, 09:16:49 am »

So I started a 1x1 fort for my female dwarf adventurer Zuglar (east to the other 1x1 fort that is filled with bogeymen), due to some weird coding in the script I couldn't retire in the site. Zalgur had to move into a human fort while her place had to be reclaimed by a bunch of dwarves. when she came back the whole place was over run by night creatures ranging from midnight trolls to spouces of shadows on top of the local minotaur and quillbeasts(genesis mod). Zuglar fought her way into the main room of her underground home to find a wyrm near by, some how one of the many beasts spew fire and lit most of the hostiles in the area leading to a quick match against a bandit elf. during all this fighting the embark group are dying to the horde above. then when Zalgur finish killing off the hostile wildlife and elf in the home she lock all her doors and made a room to store the soon to be rotting bodies.
she sat in that room waiting, and waiting for a spell she pick up from the human fort she rested in once to work.

the cloud soon fill up the room scattering the junk she threw in spilling everything all over the floors above.
it work, soon she heard cries and thuds above, the burning and screaming of all those who dared invade today.
then suddenly she got and idea a weird idea an idea that must have came from the hours of waiting and the bloodshed.
I'm The Mayor of DWARF-HOLE!
She agreed on this, after the smoke settled above and the moans died down she went along and clean up her home. Sat up a mayor office and the paper work to go with it, she even got a nursery for Ungbuga's children.
here's a screen cap of "Zuglar Whipgrouped The Alchemical Limb"  home DWARF-HOLE

So far testing what craze events I can get into with this fort, this is the first time an adventurer just elects themselves as mayor.

This is draw your adventures, as inadventure mode.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4031 on: January 08, 2013, 10:15:04 am »

But I did all that in adventure mode, I just swap over to fort mode to see the fort, and get a better description on her name.

also I don't know how but some time after hunting down some pigs she ended up getting this huge wall of text about how legendary she is.
I guess being a mayor of populace of 4 including yourself nets you high favors.
Zuglar currently heading out on the request of a child nightcreature to find some guy.
"body swapping and YOU!"

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4032 on: January 08, 2013, 02:51:48 pm »

Can you fire ballistas in adventure mode? Can you load them?

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4033 on: January 09, 2013, 08:13:30 pm »

Half a dozen or so pages back I see there was mention of the adverture mode spam of market messages... makes me think of this personally.
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4034 on: January 10, 2013, 03:55:06 am »

Can you fire ballistas in adventure mode? Can you load them?
"body swapping and YOU!"
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 365