Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 365

Author Topic: Draw your adventures  (Read 1226995 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Draw your adventures
« Reply #4380 on: January 28, 2014, 12:18:50 pm »

I never draw breasts on breastplates, since when very young I saw a demonstration of impractical fantasy armors at a Ren Faire. The breasts would deflect blows directly into the face.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Grombardrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4381 on: January 28, 2014, 12:38:34 pm »

And for some kinds (i.e. ALL the D&D or Warhammer versions, where they have separate breasts), it would transfer the force of a crushing blow into a lethal wedge poised right over the sternum.  *nodnod*  It's not practicality, though, it's the Rule of Cool.  Breasts make an adventurer look more feminine and less manly, which is often a consideration for people such as myself (and most other dudes who draw fantasy chicks).

On the other hand, I did add a gorget in order to counter the deflection problem, and made the front flat instead of completely sculpted.  So my "breast-plates" are slightly less impractical than some.
We're basically feasting on eldritch abomination cookies. I love this game.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4382 on: January 28, 2014, 03:44:00 pm »

And for some kinds (i.e. ALL the D&D or Warhammer versions, where they have separate breasts), it would transfer the force of a crushing blow into a lethal wedge poised right over the sternum.  *nodnod*  It's not practicality, though, it's the Rule of Cool. Breasts make an adventurer look more feminine and less manly,which is often a consideration for people such as myself (and most other dudes who draw fantasy chicks).

On the other hand, I did add a gorget in order to counter the deflection problem, and made the front flat instead of completely sculpted.  So my "breast-plates" are slightly less impractical than some.

I never do that kind of thing, because I like manly adventurers who chop peoples' heads off with axes, then chop the axe off with their heads.

Also, I just noticed that when fantasy chicks have weapons and are supposed to be relatable at the same time, they tend to have light ones (i.e. bows, spears, short swords, rapiers, etc.). Another reason I use manly adventurers (LONGSWORDS! 2H SWORDS! GREATAXES! SCOURGES WITH 50 HEADS!).

Also, duh on the "breasts make the adventurer more feminine and less manly" thing.

...shall we get back on topic, to avoid looking like the Funniest Names thread and its endless stream of crude jokes?

Also, I'm going to be drawing what I pictured when I found an engraving of someone "devouring a donkey" later.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Grombardrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4383 on: January 28, 2014, 03:50:53 pm »

Yeah...  Speaking of names, my latest in a long line of Elf adventurers actually got the name "Amala Awemedinade" (admittedly, I entered the first name by hand, but the last name was pure chance...)

THE GODS OF RNG LOOOOOOVE ME!

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #4384 on: February 01, 2014, 09:50:28 am »

hi guise

Don't know if any of you remember this comic that i posted nearly three years ago holy fuck (probably not), but i figured it'd be fun to try and remake an older thing of mine in a fit of PAST VERSUS PRESENT.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

key difference: giant eyebrows

now to go back to being inactive in this thread until a new DF version pops up
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4385 on: February 01, 2014, 11:11:27 am »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Neszreth

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4386 on: February 01, 2014, 12:08:23 pm »

Hi, this is one of my adventurers which started as a  professional dodger human demi-god, or something like that. I don't remember exactly ???

1st part
2nd part
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 12:17:44 pm by Neszreth »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4387 on: February 01, 2014, 01:11:29 pm »

Hi, this is one of my adventurers which started as a  professional dodger human demi-god, or something like that. I don't remember exactly ???

1st part
2nd part

I like. Simple, funny. Your art style is clever, and you make brilliant usage of 11-point Times New Roman.

Later I'm probably going to make another picture.

Grombardrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4388 on: February 01, 2014, 03:08:56 pm »

Oh, Internet.  The only place where a bunch of stick people (and an admittedly awesome Demon-warthog) get more praise than an actual freaking drawing.

Time to learn how to draw action poses, I guess?

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #4389 on: February 01, 2014, 03:20:57 pm »

Despair not, people not responding typically means "i have seen your post and i like what i see, but i don't feel like i have anything that needs to be said". I have been on both sides of this oh so many times. :P
This much i will say though, on top of it being a legit good drawing, you are unfairly good at drawing hands and feet. Those accursed extremities are my nemeses. ALL OF THEM. :c
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Grombardrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4390 on: February 01, 2014, 03:31:39 pm »

Shook, I am tingling with gladness at your statement, because I absolutely hate the FUCK out of drawing hands and feet too...

(I only recently figured out a way of drawing feet that I'm somewhat happy with, and those hands are far from what I'd call passable.  Tip, for hands at least?  Make a rectangle with five lines where you want the fingers to be, flesh it out from there.  The fingers should each be roughly the same length as the hand, slightly longer if you're going for feminine/creepy/expressive hands.  You're on your own for feet)

But I'm mainly tingling with gladness cause you're goddamned SHOOK and you gave me a compliment ^_^

Neszreth

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4391 on: February 01, 2014, 04:54:33 pm »

Thanks for the compliments,
Nevertheless, I should have warned you that actually, humans from this world had fine black magnetic cylinders instead of arms...  I will conceed you that it is indeed very convenient to draw!  :P

Grombardrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4392 on: February 01, 2014, 05:09:34 pm »

I gotta say, now that I re-read it, I can just imagine that bitch from Skyrim's opening scene...

"Archers!"  *zthwip zthwip*  "Anyone else feel like running?" < >:(>

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4393 on: February 02, 2014, 07:01:04 pm »

My visceral need for the new version just rose about 50%.

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4394 on: February 02, 2014, 09:08:15 pm »

My adventures ave become a lot more entertaining ever since I learned how exploitable the law of Equivalent Exchange can be.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 12:49:17 am by Blastbeard »
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 365