Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 365

Author Topic: Draw your adventures  (Read 1211920 times)

Someguyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Draw your adventures
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2009, 10:07:58 am »

Rofl, all in one arrow? Awesome.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2009, 01:01:55 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

also, can anyone refer me to any easy to get ahold of programs that are better then mspaint? it does really nasty things to image quality, and flipping and rotating bits of the picture would cause things to dissapear or seriously lose quality.

also if someone has an account on any site better then imageshack then feel free to repost it.
Its funny because its true. :D

I dont think its normal for paint to cause things to disappear when you flip and rotate a picture though...

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2009, 06:35:53 pm »

The GIMP.

Pretty nice for Paint. And the arrow is particularly amusing.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2009, 07:36:47 pm »

For Tinypic, you don't even need an account.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2009, 09:37:37 am »

ill give tinypic a try next time. imageshack does not need an account, but i see people complain about others using it, and it does not seem to keep the images all that long. my graphic design friend scoffed at my use of paint and said he had heard good things about gimp, so ill try that next time roud as well. pity my scanner does not work, im unfamiliar with drawing using computer programs.

and yes, sometimes pierce damage things like arrows and spears will hit every major organ in your body along with several limbs at the same time regardless of how well you are trained and how good your gear is. i hear the arrow thing has changed recently, but archers and crossbomen are still very lethal.

anyone else got any experiences to add? or even just great adventure mode stories they have read on the forums?

Urist McCyrilin

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh, the dwarfity!
    • View Profile
    • CyCom! Writing&PnP!
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2009, 11:01:25 am »

Does it have to be pictures of our adventures? Perhaps I could draw some scenes from Fortress mode?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2009, 11:35:51 am »

Does it have to be pictures of our adventures? Perhaps I could draw some scenes from Fortress mode?
Fortress mode is just a group adventure! go for it

Hishan

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALCOHOL_DEPENDANT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2009, 01:49:03 pm »

I started a thread just for fortress mode comics here

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=36491.0

But post them anywhere I dont care :P

M Shadowy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2009, 04:36:23 pm »

Unfortunately, my adventurers have almost all suffered from terribly uninteresting careers - few having even died in an interesting manner.  But there was one, once, while was while I was screwing around with a custom demon race/civ.  With whom I'd decided to terrorize the local goblins for some reason.

I'd racked up a modest kill count and was about to infiltrate a Goblin tower and kill all it's inhabitants when, well, this happened...

Hmmm... not sure if this is actually funny though.

Efun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2009, 07:55:18 pm »

Damn kids...

Military dorfs are the busiest if their partner is also in the military, Military children are my forts future, also its hilariously tragic when a mother carrying her child into battle gets hit, and the baby dies....
I fixed that up for you.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2009, 11:57:56 am »

I modded in an arachnid character (think human with 6 arms (2 have hands, 4 have claws) and which is a lot tougher, with 8 eyes.  By the time of his death in an orcish dark tower, he had no fewer than 18 items jammed in body parts (something to do with the fact that he often survives "mortal" wounds).  I had no idea how to remove them.  Anyone is free to draw him.

Some wounds included:
At least 6 wooden arrows from a raid on an elf city, mostly in upper/ lower arms, with one in a leg.
An iron scourge (!) stuck in a hand.
A few random whips that had somehow become lodged in various bits.
Several nasty orcish iron arrows in arms.
An arrow that got lodged in my chest and caused a mortal wound.  Somehow I was able to walk away, stop bleeding (although I seem to remember still having the "mortal wound" message) and quick travelled.  Result?  Healthy adventurer with alder arrow stuck in his chest.
A spear, which a humman spearman had stuck in me.  I nearly bled to death, but luckily he became paralysed from an earlier strike I had done.  Result: Masterful steel spear stuck in leg.

Kate Wissen

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Engineer
    • View Profile
    • http://katewissen.blogspot.com/
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2009, 08:53:09 pm »

This harkens back to my days of evil. In fact some may remember it from the topic "Most evil/horrific thing you've ever done."

I went around to each town, sneaking in at night and gouging out the eyes of everyone I could, then leaving them to be later killed by any other threat that the world generated for them. The most horrible part of sneaking in at night is they wake up the second you grab their head only to see you, the last thing they will ever see. I got bold later on and started gouging out the eyes of people while they were still awake, I ran into a group of dwarven children needless to say none of them walked away with eyes, but one got a lucky shot and they all ganged up on me. My horrible killer dwarf was slaugtered by blind children.

My next dwarf started out in the city that the children live in, I get a small chuckle every time a blind child collapses in front of me.

Sorry it looks sloppy, I just did this quick sketch after seeing this topic.
Check out my current Community Fortress LostPages.

One day I hope to create the Monkey Torture Chamber of Doom!

ousire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2009, 11:02:57 pm »

This harkens back to my days of evil. In fact some may remember it from the topic "Most evil/horrific thing you've ever done."

I went around to each town, sneaking in at night and gouging out the eyes of everyone I could, then leaving them to be later killed by any other threat that the world generated for them. The most horrible part of sneaking in at night is they wake up the second you grab their head only to see you, the last thing they will ever see. I got bold later on and started gouging out the eyes of people while they were still awake, I ran into a group of dwarven children needless to say none of them walked away with eyes, but one got a lucky shot and they all ganged up on me. My horrible killer dwarf was slaugtered by blind children.

My next dwarf started out in the city that the children live in, I get a small chuckle every time a blind child collapses in front of me.

Sorry it looks sloppy, I just did this quick sketch after seeing this topic.

aaaawwwwssssoooommmmeeee

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2009, 07:04:58 pm »

big one coming up

My paint skills are horrible  :P

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]