Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 365

Author Topic: Draw your adventures  (Read 1217972 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: Draw your adventures
« Reply #4875 on: February 04, 2015, 08:57:39 am »

Advention: or inventions in Adventure mode #1
Well there was a big discovery with siege weapons with advfort. Where you can fire just about anything, even caged units which will break the cage thus freeing the person inside(usually the solution to that before was fire).

there was another discovery in that you can stick minecarts on to siege weapons and well...

With some careful placement and kart pushing you can load yourself into a siege weapon then fire it into any place you want using advfort.

You need 2 minecarts, or a minecart and a wall so you can push yourself onto the minecart siege weapon then run advfort and use the tab option to load and fire your minecart.
though once fired you will fly through the air so fast it will look like you teleported, you can still push on the kart in this state, or walk around which will bring vision back to your adventurer.
This is a recent discovery so there's testing to see if you can scale an ocean with this method.
or horribly murder loads of people while escaping pursuers.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4876 on: February 04, 2015, 11:30:33 am »

That... is an amazing discovery. Is it also possible to load what-have-you into ballistas in regular old fort mode with dfhack?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • not for trees
« Reply #4877 on: February 04, 2015, 02:01:54 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4878 on: February 04, 2015, 09:09:44 pm »

Dorf-o-pault 2.0?
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4879 on: February 08, 2015, 12:18:33 pm »

Its not so much as a DF thing, and I lack any artistic talent outside of writing stories, but can someone draw a picture of a dragon with the lower half of its body more like a snake, readying to fire his magma breath at a lone archer with an arrow ready to fly, aimed right at the dragon? This just happened in my D&D campaign and even though I was there, this was a completely epic moment in one of my adventures in it, and it didn't involve me (seriously, all I did was throw lightning at him and throw a few ice storms, and I only weakened him). The whole ordeal involved a 3 man party where as soon as that dragon came out and killed our target, it killed the archers alligator, so he started shooting it in fury, and I provided backup since I seen it as a huge threat. The third member exited with my character's bear, and only the two of us, a squishy caster and a ranger, fought this thing alone. It managed to grab us and throw us a couple times, and in the end, it came down to the archer and the dragon as my character got knocked out, and the dragon fired its magma breath after he fired an arrow that NEARLY killed it, and then took the magma breath like a champ. He also walked out of it and fired one last arrow that normally would've killed him, but the dragon missed and the arrow was EXACTLY ENOUGH to kill it. He managed to get me back up afterwards where two friends walked out of the dungeon, both barely alive, and the ranger, cursed for the rest of her life. We also presumed the third character dead as she ran away and back into a horde of 100+ soldiers, and I'm assuming my bear died as well (this was a one off campaign).

It was a glorious campaign for the two close friends Ragnar the druid and the ranger Gloria, the dragon slayer

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4880 on: February 08, 2015, 01:33:58 pm »

Its not so much as a DF thing, and I lack any artistic talent outside of writing stories, but can someone draw a picture of a dragon with the lower half of its body more like a snake, readying to fire his magma breath at a lone archer with an arrow ready to fly, aimed right at the dragon? This just happened in my D&D campaign and even though I was there, this was a completely epic moment in one of my adventures in it, and it didn't involve me (seriously, all I did was throw lightning at him and throw a few ice storms, and I only weakened him). The whole ordeal involved a 3 man party where as soon as that dragon came out and killed our target, it killed the archers alligator, so he started shooting it in fury, and I provided backup since I seen it as a huge threat. The third member exited with my character's bear, and only the two of us, a squishy caster and a ranger, fought this thing alone. It managed to grab us and throw us a couple times, and in the end, it came down to the archer and the dragon as my character got knocked out, and the dragon fired its magma breath after he fired an arrow that NEARLY killed it, and then took the magma breath like a champ. He also walked out of it and fired one last arrow that normally would've killed him, but the dragon missed and the arrow was EXACTLY ENOUGH to kill it. He managed to get me back up afterwards where two friends walked out of the dungeon, both barely alive, and the ranger, cursed for the rest of her life. We also presumed the third character dead as she ran away and back into a horde of 100+ soldiers, and I'm assuming my bear died as well (this was a one off campaign).

It was a glorious campaign for the two close friends Ragnar the druid and the ranger Gloria, the dragon slayer
I think you might want to put this in the Creative Projects subforum instead.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4881 on: February 08, 2015, 10:36:27 pm »

EXACTLY ENOUGH
Im a DM and thats usualy code for, I put you up against a tough monster that is owning you weak fools "oh look that arrow was exactly enough to kill it good rolls tonight guys"
a dm is usualy nice and doesnt want to outright kill you because its a game of fun and its easy to ruin sombodys fun by killing the character they spent bulding for hours, and NEVER kill them on the same day they where made. Just asking for a punch.
Damn it, I posted her so I have to draw something... something sick... ban worthy

I will be back
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4882 on: February 09, 2015, 08:56:24 pm »

EXACTLY ENOUGH
Im a DM and thats usualy code for, I put you up against a tough monster that is owning you weak fools "oh look that arrow was exactly enough to kill it good rolls tonight guys"
a dm is usualy nice and doesnt want to outright kill you because its a game of fun and its easy to ruin sombodys fun by killing the character they spent bulding for hours, and NEVER kill them on the same day they where made. Just asking for a punch.
Damn it, I posted her so I have to draw something... something sick... ban worthy

I will be back
I'm a DM as well, and I would believe you, but when this was a one off and we would never see these characters again, plus the fact he showed us all dice rolls, plus the fact I could see his computer screen showing the HP values, plus the fact we didn't have to fight it at all as it killed our target, we actually managed to kill it. The dice gods were benevolent on us with if anything, as he fumbled the shot that would've killed the archer.

I'll go post that elsewhere though, but I really don't think anyone will answer since most of the artists come here :-\ We'll see

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4883 on: February 09, 2015, 11:06:45 pm »

Its not so much as a DF thing, and I lack any artistic talent outside of writing stories, but can someone draw a picture of a dragon with the lower half of its body more like a snake, readying to fire his magma breath at a lone archer with an arrow ready to fly, aimed right at the dragon?

The 'Ƨ' is for 'ƨuckƨ' dragon.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 11:20:37 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4884 on: February 10, 2015, 12:27:53 am »

Thanks! I love it!

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4885 on: February 10, 2015, 11:34:28 am »

But you forgot his wing-a-lings! :D Pretty awesome though.
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Turtles

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4886 on: February 10, 2015, 08:50:51 pm »

Sure is a nice place here!

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4887 on: February 10, 2015, 10:05:36 pm »

But you forgot his wing-a-lings! :D Pretty awesome though.
I interpreted it as a DF (or Eastern) dragon, which lack wing-a-lings.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 10:09:56 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4888 on: February 11, 2015, 02:29:40 pm »

friggin' weabelves...
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

Dowly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4889 on: February 13, 2015, 11:05:55 am »

Sorry, it's not from adventure, but the end of my currect Single Pick fort:

(Dwarf died, threw the corpse in a pit, forgot they can climb. Oooops!)
Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 365