Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 352 353 [354] 355 356 ... 365

Author Topic: Draw your adventures  (Read 1218184 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Draw your adventures
« Reply #5295 on: April 12, 2017, 10:27:00 pm »

I'm not saying to stop offering inspiring tips and such, but downplaying art like yours as "just a doodle" is like 'well fuck' from this side of the talent road. Classes can help, practice definitely helps, but the dedication to go through all of that is a talent too.

QFT.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

BadLemonsXI

• Bay Watcher
  • Lemons'o Doom.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page.
« Reply #5296 on: April 13, 2017, 11:46:02 am »

Felt inspired to post bad stick man art to show that its all good and there's no shame. Using stickdwarfs is a easy way to quickly tell a story which is cool. I've even used it. It's probably 50 or so pages back.

But ah I didn't stop at the stickdwarfissm but anyway I believe in you all!

Also Cathar your art. . . Wow.
I make comic things with my avatar for some reason.
No avatar is safe from my editing
\/\/It might be alive? Its been a year >_> 02-Nov-2017\/\/
¤Co-Gm'ing The Fear Master B-Movie ISG¤

Check out my Pixel art!

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #5297 on: April 13, 2017, 06:49:07 pm »

By now it oughta go without saying that i approve of stickmen, but here's me saying that i approve of stickmen. I also approve of dorf fortress illustrations in general, as well as murdering people with axes. :v

I'm not saying to stop offering inspiring tips and such, but downplaying art like yours as "just a doodle" is like 'well fuck' from this side of the talent road. [...]
dat feel

I totally get it, but i can also see the other side of the coin. Rest assured that people generally don't intentionally downplay their art to demoralize others, they just genuinely might not think that their work is anything special. Not that this stops the rest of us from being awestruck, of course. :P

also casual reminder that this is where i started with dorf comics and that was over three years after i started spriting for my Cortex Command mods (with very limited success), "slow progress" is my middle name

also hi guise i don't know if you remember this thing but i remade it fairly recently

Spoiler: ... again (click to show/hide)
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5298 on: April 13, 2017, 07:20:02 pm »

A fine return, Shook. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #5299 on: April 13, 2017, 07:20:54 pm »

Spoiler: ... again (click to show/hide)

That third pannel is absolutely priceless :D

Also you know, when I joined the forum last week I was like "okay social interractions, how do I do it. Okay maybe I should take some steps not to appear like a flaming cunt, that sure will work"
Im that bad with people sorry I live in a cave without human contact

Tho it's true that most artists will genuinly downplay what they do, because no matter how high you climb the totem pole, you usually end up gravitating around groups of other artists some of whom will always be way more advanced. So when I see my art, I'm like "okay not that bad, maybe people will like it", but each and everytime I stumble upon my friends work and want to commit sudoku

I really think the key is aiming at fun, because there is no end to the totem pole to begin with
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 07:24:28 pm by Cathar »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5300 on: April 13, 2017, 08:18:43 pm »

That's a good goal, yes.

I'd also post the gif I did of Shookery but can't find it in my massive imgur pile atm.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #5301 on: April 15, 2017, 02:17:38 pm »

I felt like drawing another group picture. I'm probably jinxing my game by doing so. None of the last group picture companions got either killed or crippled.  But god I want those people to live so much.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5302 on: April 15, 2017, 06:57:45 pm »

Luki is still adorable. And the sword the brown-haired dude behind her is holding looks pretty cool, too.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5303 on: April 15, 2017, 07:04:08 pm »

I literally draw on post it notes, exclusively.

Quality is not a limiting factor in these parts
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #5304 on: April 15, 2017, 09:44:26 pm »

Luki is still adorable. And the sword the brown-haired dude behind her is holding looks pretty cool, too.

She's as adorbs as one can be after having offed 240 living creatures, and that cimetar is the most expensive weapon of the crew. Gems everywhere, picture on the blade, hanging rings and finely crafted. The world is still very young and humans still havent discovered steel so...for now it's  avery very good blade.

Aw I want those two to make babies. I hope they can after I retire Luki. I:

Also yes post note art pls

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5305 on: April 15, 2017, 11:23:04 pm »

Adventurers are unfortunately asexual, and will never form relationships. Unles you fix it with dfhack.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #5306 on: April 18, 2017, 10:50:12 pm »

Adventurers are unfortunately asexual, and will never form relationships. Unles you fix it with dfhack.
Ah no, we can't have that. Luki's 29, thats way over the age to start finding boys interesting. So. I...ehm..."fertilized" her ? God that sounds dirty. Is there anything beyond asexuality that would prevent her to go home and be a family woman?

Also... before I retire her, I decided to take her on a quick tour to say hi to the NPCs that, while not having been in her team, helped her along the line

The Doomed Dell goblins bandits

Brokenbronze commander

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5307 on: April 18, 2017, 11:31:29 pm »

he's still carrying the little bone figurine of himself Luki crafted for him

That's pretty cool.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5308 on: April 19, 2017, 12:18:11 am »

Awesome!
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5309 on: April 19, 2017, 02:11:41 am »

Those are really awesome.

And yeah, i think there is a script for dfhack that causes pregnancy without a father. Can just blame the gods for that.

As far as im aware, adventurers either stay where you retire them, or wander back to the first site you claimed lordship over if any. Children, i have no idea. They dont necessarily stay with the parents, even before adulthood.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 352 353 [354] 355 356 ... 365