Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 365

Author Topic: Draw your adventures  (Read 1211890 times)

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
Re: Draw your adventures
« Reply #5400 on: March 10, 2018, 10:02:24 pm »

Well here's a doodle of my current adventurer... An* the Art's Being angel who is a humanoid greenglass lady with 3 tails her god is all about beauty, art, and fortresses.
Current personal adventurer goal is to make loads of art pieces and make a museum.
*An is her first name.

I have no excuse

Oh wait I have one !
You drew a picture of my Luki some times ago ! Here ! Payback
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 10:10:51 pm by Cathar »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #5401 on: March 11, 2018, 02:05:21 am »

Hello partially translucent waifu.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5402 on: March 11, 2018, 05:27:06 am »

so since it been 2 days since the new DF update I figured why not rawdump the race, probably makes solving the "can't really talk or learn" part. now with a small bit of raw messing around you too can play as a living greenglass statue with 3 tails.
probably change the natural skills to be more Artsy.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #5403 on: March 11, 2018, 09:42:57 am »

ptw
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #5404 on: March 11, 2018, 10:47:45 am »

Those Art's Beings would be a lot more creepy if you went for 100% faithfulness to the body plan - seems like they'd be featureless glass golems with tails.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5405 on: March 15, 2018, 06:53:14 pm »

"so we going to paint this happy lil tree over here with this Carving blade."
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #5406 on: March 15, 2018, 07:42:11 pm »

Stuff like that makes me happy.
Have a little song  to go with that

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #5407 on: March 15, 2018, 07:57:57 pm »

Her eyes can look very disturbing depending on how you look at them. Which is probably appropriate for a glass angel. :P
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #5408 on: March 16, 2018, 09:46:53 am »

Meeting up with old, old friends. The ones who survived twelve years of worldgen at least !

Three more pictures and I'm definitely done !

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #5409 on: March 16, 2018, 10:41:43 am »

Real great stuff!

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #5410 on: March 18, 2018, 09:51:01 pm »

We're almost at the end of our travel !

Also some music to go with the whole serie

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #5411 on: March 20, 2018, 08:22:06 am »

I can't help but find that gorlak kinda cute given that grumpy expression.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5412 on: March 20, 2018, 08:31:11 am »

Your pictures and stories make the DF world seem so vibrant and alive, far moreso than the game proper is likely to be for a long time.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #5413 on: March 20, 2018, 09:22:02 am »

You definitely have to fill in the blanks a lot. Imagination really helps with this game, both to make sense of certain history-related stuff as well as in-game happenings.
The peculiar moments really do stand out a lot though - in one of my forts I once had a visiting jungle troll naturalist discuss death with a skeleton mage scholar (or perhaps it was a plain skeleton, I can't remember). I found it highly appropriate - there definitely must be a lot of insight on death to be gained from a walking, reanimated skeleton.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #5414 on: March 20, 2018, 09:56:13 am »

lol yes. But as a matter of fact, there are not much blanks to be filled. I think DF is really underrated on how it simulates interractions, and how each situation the game describes has its own flavor of uniqueness. Litterally this little serie is just based off a two weeks trip from one city to another. I just paid attention to details, did a bit of digging when I was unsure, and chose a narrative that fit my personal taste. It's a lot of selection, not so much filling ^^. DF has been my scenarist for a year, and will probably continue for quite a time

As for my gorlak, he's probably my favourite character of all time. At first he was just a junk mercenary I found in the moot of my first fort. I saw him from afar in stonesense, went curious, and discovered that gorlaks were actually a thing like that. During those two weeks of gameplay, he was promoted to commender of his hometown, and had to leave the place. That specific town being currently under attack, he'll probably die a warriors death soon and I don't knw how I feel about it, but I'm definitely emotionally involved.

Edit :

Took me three weeks to illustrate a two week trip. But here, I'm completely done, from start to finish
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 05:15:04 pm by Cathar »
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 365