Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 365

Author Topic: Draw your adventures  (Read 1211799 times)

Poopicus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Draw your adventures
« Reply #5415 on: April 25, 2018, 12:16:35 pm »

Oof this stuff looks awesome.

Hoping to do something similar with my goblin adventurer but I have nowhere near the artistic skill to accomplish it lol.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5416 on: April 25, 2018, 12:22:18 pm »

No one cares about "artistic skill" here. It's an art-sharing thread, not a competition. I mean, people have posted stick figures for crying out loud. :P
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5417 on: April 27, 2018, 12:18:10 pm »

I do post it notes.

If he cannot be prevented from death, you must build for him a monument. Preferably with a tavern attached.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #5418 on: April 27, 2018, 03:58:42 pm »

Lol yes, nobody will complain about more art, regardless of quality. Draw your adventures and share the fun :D
Besides I'm on a project right now so somobody else have to carry the thread. Go forth, I believe in you

Amuil

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5419 on: May 02, 2018, 01:21:16 am »

Some days ago I created a quick image of my current "test" adventurer, based upon her starting inventory and physical description. I still don't have much clue how to adventure in the recent iterations of the game, but I enjoy looking at the state of the world and the populations in it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Riri here, as mentioned in a post I made in the "What's going on in your adventure?" thread, is one of barely more than a couple thousand humans left in a world where elven civilsation rules the entire southern half of the continent. At least one of the elven civilsations has been at war with what remains of humanity for over 100 years.

Her own hometown, Gullyroof, is now a forest retreat. Most other humans I meet are large and meaty, no doubt for elven dietary purposes.

With that in mind, she's begun a journey west in the hope of finding adventures as far from home as possible. I don't have any clue how to do this any more, but at least it's an interesting story and provided ample fodder for a little creativity.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #5420 on: May 02, 2018, 05:48:59 am »

Some days ago I created a quick image of my current "test" adventurer, based upon her starting inventory and physical description. I still don't have much clue how to adventure in the recent iterations of the game, but I enjoy looking at the state of the world and the populations in it.

Wow, are you me? I totally love your style and I'd be interested in hearing and seeing more about your character and your world.
DF is the best scenarist I ever met, you'll never run out of content to draw

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #5421 on: May 02, 2018, 08:43:22 am »

That's really awesome. I'd really love to explore the world I genned for good biome testing more, since its probably one of the better ones I genned in a while - gotta love that the large continent looks like some kind of long-necked quadruped, and those small mountain enclaves with a few civs inside of them - but I'm busy with evil biome stuff. I may actually keep the parameters for genning it and make another version later once I'm done.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5422 on: May 02, 2018, 09:07:50 am »

That's really awesome. I'd really love to explore the world I genned for good biome testing more, since its probably one of the better ones I genned in a while - gotta love that the large continent looks like some kind of long-necked quadruped, and those small mountain enclaves with a few civs inside of them - but I'm busy with evil biome stuff. I may actually keep the parameters for genning it and make another version later once I'm done.

Never bothered with serious advanced worldgen. May try that later.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #5423 on: May 02, 2018, 10:23:34 am »

I've mostly edited the parameters so good and evil biomes are larger, amongst other minor edits, so it isn't really too serious - the shape of the continent and the islands surrounding it are both completely random.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5424 on: May 06, 2018, 07:48:03 am »

Oh oh oh, I have a relevant piece!

Gonna be a soap dish once I oil it, has little arched drains spaced around the undersides to clear the soap goop more freely, but I only thought of that afterwords. Initially just felt like playing with my coping saw because I love the little fucker.

Dwarfu

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5425 on: June 16, 2018, 11:04:20 am »

Oh oh oh, I have a relevant piece!

That's quite wonderful, in form and function!

Seshien

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5426 on: August 09, 2018, 05:16:56 am »

Hey guys! I just wanted to share my adventurer, Mesm Palathotnge Oledistro. Drawing is by my girlfriend :).
Spoilers
https://imgur.com/a/54uxhny

He is a human male, Lord of his own camp, which he constructed after killing dragon and getting his leg damaged. He couldn't walk and desperate, he made a deal with a god. For healing his leg, he would do three biddings of his god. First was killing unique demon, which lived in dark fortress and bringing his head to temple (that bringing part was hardest). Second was raiding tower, killing everyone in it and securing all dangerous books, so they will never be read, and secrets of live and death will be safe. Third, still not done, will be raiding a vault, and securing it's prize. For now, he is still searching for that vault.

His killcount is very long, mostly because goblins, which hate him with passion. He had killed minotaurs, rok, dragon, eternal things, titans, collosus and demons.

(I was using adventurercraft mod, so his equipment is partly made from beasts' loot). He has a steel axe, steel shield, spear from eternal thing's tooth, dagger from dragon's claw and dragon tooth's javelins. He is heavily armoured. He has dragon scale tunic, steel mail shirt and breastplate, cave spider silk mask and silver mask, steel leggings, greaves and boots, steel gauntlets,  roc leather cloak and eternal thing chitin leggings.

After doing the last bidding, I am planning on joining to some fortress and making him a captain of guard, and then maybe attacking hell?

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #5427 on: August 09, 2018, 07:33:39 am »

I love big axes and I cannot lie.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5428 on: August 10, 2018, 12:25:49 pm »

Those other fighters can't de-ny

[also nice man, good to see some art up in here again]
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Seshien

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5429 on: August 12, 2018, 05:13:42 pm »

My adventurer, before his next and maybe last adventure. Assaulting demon's vault, and taking it's treasure.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 02:09:12 pm by Seshien »
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 365