Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365

Author Topic: Draw your adventures  (Read 1211938 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Draw your adventures
« Reply #5430 on: August 13, 2018, 12:31:22 pm »

FIRSTLY: use the height modifier to make your arts easier to view on people's PC's.
{img height=x] [/img}

SECOND: I am digging the stained glass style
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

SectEVOn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5431 on: November 15, 2018, 02:49:16 pm »

Hey, it's been a long time since I last posted here!
Seen lots of good art scrolling through the posts in the last year
Upcoming is a big dump of art that I made back in 2017 and intended to post but never did of my most overpowered adventurer, Valiev Ahdouso the Vampire Swordmaster Lady!
Not sure if I ever told her backstory, but I pretty much min-maxed her during creation for a combat focus. She started off by getting beat up by a bunch of elves attempting to raid a neighboring hamlet which got her most of her scars, then after killing those, some night creatures, and being ambushed by goblins and having her companions killed and butchered mercilessly before her I decide she should go and attempt to wipe out all of goblin-kind. She leveled up quickly by methodically cutting down near endless swarms of goblins in the pits, then I had her turn vampire to make them easier to sniff out in the dark and chase down. She gained a lot of beak dog bite scars over time and eventually became the ruler of a goblin fortress after killing stacks of beak dogs that numbered in the hundreds, which I explained in my last post. She only ever killed about 3,000 goblins, 1,000 trolls, and somewhere between 8,000 and 15,000 beak dogs (I'll look through old saves for proper numbers later) which only accounted for about 2% of the goblin population but it was pretty damn fun.

I'll post it in multiple posts because it's a lot.
Art quality may vary because most of it is doodles drawn during classes.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 03:45:14 pm by SectEVOn »

SectEVOn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5432 on: November 15, 2018, 02:50:46 pm »

March 2017 art
Here Focusedcuts is slicing and stabbing up some gobbos and beak dogs in what I assume was a goblin pit after she killed all those beak dogs.
(Most of the following art was drawn in a chemistry notebook which is why some chemistry terms are visible)

She eventually got bored of killing goblins with her sword and started coming up with creative ways to kill smaller groups.
This often involved tearing the weapon or limb from an opponent, beating them down with it, and finishing them off with a punch or kick to the head or heart. I scared myself sometimes with the brutality she was capable of, but honestly, the goblins probably deserved it.

SectEVOn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5433 on: November 15, 2018, 03:42:52 pm »

April 2017 art
I heard that if you found your own adventurer with another one they would be decked out in masterwork gear made out of stuff they killed. I made a new character named Seeker, a Spearwoman, to seek out Val to accomplish this. I had her grind her skills through goblin slaying and bandit killing because for all I knew the fortress was still full of bloodthirsty beak dogs and she would need to back up the NPC  Ahdouso and prevent herself from being torn to shreds if necessary. I think she racked up a nice few hundred goblin and beak dog kills.
Seeker ran into a few road bumps along her journey
One such bump was after she and the dwarves she hired killed some bandits, children from a nearby hamlet started spitting at them. This led to the dwarves chasing down the kids and killing them as Seeker helplessly watched. She had also lost her starter spear a few days earlier and was using an axe she looted from a bandit.

When Seeker got to the fortress swarms of beak dogs were tearing apart each other and everything else that moved, man or goblin.
Some were actually allied to her once she started defending herself. I think Ahdouso becoming the Lady of the fortress started a loyalty cascade. I have no clue what is happening in the upper portion. I think those were angels made of grime that guarded a demon's tomb or something from a different run.

Seeker (attempts to) fight Val
I wanted to test out how strong the NPC Ahdouso was once Seeker made it to the throne room. I used DFhack to reload my saves each time one of them died. After multiple tried they all turned out the same, Val would cut off Seeker's spear arm and then her head, unless I exploited the way sneaking worked to attack her from behind without warning, but even then that often failed because Val had faster reflexes. Also Val was tricked out in masterwork and superior armors and weapons spiked and hooped with night creature, boogeyman, and goblin materials.

Ahdouso's adventures continue
Switching back to Val I had her take off all the new fancy gear and changed into her old gear, which had also been upgraded and decorated, because the new stuff was made of weaker materials like silver and ropereed. Seeker got some nice upgrades to her gear too because of the way this game works. She fought her way back through the fortress, where beak dogs and goblins were fighting, although the goblins were usually outnumbered as their weapons became lodged in the beak dogs and their hands and feet were torn off by their beaks. Several of them even became named beak dogs. One of my favorite ones was one that ran by with a mace stuck in its back and about 8 kills to it's name. One got a lucky strike on Val and bit her shoulder causing her to drop her sheild because she got careless while torturing another beak dog with only a bronze arrow, so she stabbed it through the spine and had to retreat. I think that's the last time I played her.

Seeker later went on to form another group of adventurers and declared herself ruler of an abandoned human fort.

Also, now that I notice, Val was my only left-handed adventurer, she always equipped her sword to her left hand. Is that an actual thing or just a coincidence?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 12:09:53 pm by SectEVOn »

Elfhater69

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5434 on: March 23, 2019, 01:12:14 am »

Rip in peace this thread

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #5435 on: March 23, 2019, 08:13:25 am »

Artistic talent is a rare gift. Courage to show others your work is rarer. What I'm trying to say is...

It was inevitable.
In a time before time, I had a name.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #5436 on: March 23, 2019, 09:37:53 am »

It is terrifying.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Elfhater69

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5437 on: March 23, 2019, 02:10:26 pm »

Would anybody be interested in a drawing night creatures thread?

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #5438 on: March 23, 2019, 03:51:13 pm »

It is terrifying.

Maybe? Want to post something there to start?
In a time before time, I had a name.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5439 on: March 25, 2019, 07:47:51 pm »

It is terrifying.

Maybe? Want to post something there to start?

I was active in the "draw forgotten beats thread". I'd be down for that.

I saw the typo above and I like it too much to change.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5440 on: March 25, 2019, 08:35:17 pm »

*original temple of Dionysus music begins playing*
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5441 on: March 26, 2019, 03:44:17 am »

well it's been a while so here's my new bogey adventurer in hopes of writing out stories and exploring the world.
they are a mess of contrasting nature of being really unfriendly and rude while wanting friends.

edit : uhh game crashed rolled a new bogey

« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 09:21:35 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5442 on: March 26, 2019, 12:51:53 pm »

Are we making a thread for Night Creature art? If so link us!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #5443 on: March 26, 2019, 06:00:29 pm »

The Forgotten Beast art thread could probably squeeze night creatures in as well.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5444 on: March 26, 2019, 07:59:48 pm »

Drew some stuff.

Spoiler: Lokum Osorsakzul (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365