Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

(Dwarf Cage (Tin))

(1/5) > >>

Zanziik:
My most recent fortress has taken an interesting turn for the worst. I was barely into my first winter when I forgot that I was playing with the orc mod.

Completely unprepared, my poor dwarfs looked on in terror as 15 orcs clad in steel marched to the gates of Phantomchamber, where nothing but a few measly stone-fall traps and 2 cage traps awaited them.

Needless to say, 15 of my 16 dwarfs were mercilessly slaughtered. But it is the one that remains that intrigues me.

It appears that in the rush of battle (I drafted my entire fortress and charged the attackers, taking one ugly orc with my dwarfs to hell,) one of my miners happened to trigger one of the cage traps on himself. It is now a "dwarf cage" and he is unable to get out. The orcs ignored him, he is now the last member of Phantomchamber, and is suffering from severe tantrums as the miasma cloud from his fallen brethren rises and falls. My real question is this: Caging all your dwarfs, viable fortress defense strategy?

First post by the way :) long time lurker.

zchris13:
He will starve to death.  Dwarfs that belong to you are not in stasis, although everything else is, in a cage.

Zanziik:
Yeah, he just did, actually. I just was interested in the fact that the orcs completely ignored him when they left the fortress after murdering everyone else.

Sensei:
Yes, he is now quantified as an item for their purposes, and presently raiders just kill and destroy, no pillaging. I might add, i think enemy raiders stealing your things should be added.

Shaostoul:
Trucking in with a few (mounted ballista and catapult) wagons after your slaughter and stealing all of your goodies >.<

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version