Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 5 - Shortest Paranormal game EVER  (Read 42624 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 5 - Signups!
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2009, 06:50:59 pm »

Still need more players
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2009, 07:15:54 pm »

ooh! me! pick me!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2009, 10:23:22 am »

Excellent!

We have 16 now, so we're definitely going to start Monday. I'm still happy to add more players until then, of course.

Also, I've updated the rules to include the new Alien equipment.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 10:41:20 am by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2009, 11:17:27 am »

Ok, I'm starting the Round 5 PM write-ups now. The game will actually start whenever I've gotten a chance to finalize everything.
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 5 - Terror at Lake Araluga
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2009, 12:59:19 pm »

The cabins around Lake Araluga are small but comfortable. Few people know about this out-of-the-way vacation spot, but those of you that do have been coming here for years. It's quiet, secluded, and gives you a chance to escape the modern world. Really escape it, since there isn't really any way to communicate with the rest of the world other then the prop plane that brings people here.

This year, though, things have taken a turn for the worst. After dropping off the latest round of visitors, the plane had a disastrous take-off. Hit by a sudden gust of wind the pilot lost control, and the plane crashed into one of the empty cabins. Both cabin and plane are pretty thoroughly trashed, and the pilot was killed. Dismayed, you radioed back to the plane's headquarters to tell them what happened and arrange for another plane to take you all away. However, they won't have another plane ready for at least a week. Maybe longer.

Over the next few days, things got even worse. People started disappearing. A few vanished after walking in the woods. More horribly, one couple's cabin was broken into in the night and all you discovered of them consisted of bloody bedsheets and a trail of blood leading to the window. You organized search parties, and scouted the area. One such search party discovered four strange, man-sized pods in a gully. After looking them over, you recognize them from a recent article in the Weekly Midnight Star. They match the pods that an intrepid reporter detailed in his story of Doppelgangers terrorizing Mudhollow. Most of you didn't belive the story, of course. I mean, look what it was published in! But now...now you're not too sure. Things certainly seem to match what he's been describing.

You talk about it for a while, and eventually come to the conclusion that you'll have to do as he says in the article. You gather at an empty cabin to choose the most likely one of you to be a doppelganger...and kill him.

Ok, game has started!

Day 1 will go until ~5pm Pacific Tuesday
Come play Mafia with us!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2009, 01:11:25 pm »

I'll be the first to post and vote. Also, before you all go shouting 'OMG he voted immediately he's a doppelganger!' I'm not, I'm just doing this to get people talking.

Pandarsenic

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2009, 01:26:27 pm »

Take your pick gentlemen!
Final Player List
  • Zaithemaster
  • Org
  • webadict
  • Solifuge
  • inaluct
  • chaoticjosh
  • Pandarsenic
  • Frelock
  • NUKE9.13
  • Kashyyk
  • Alexhans
  • Okenido
  • TheToeBighter98
  • Archangel
  • R1ck
  • Twiggie
Vote Twiggie because the last has more chances of being scum, the unexpected passenger...  :P

Anyway... I haven't read/played the last dopp game... Any relevant stuff I should know?  Any MAJOR changes I should be aware of? I'm gonna start reading the rules now but I would like any palyer to explain me as much as he can or feels necessary...

Thank you.

We'll endure.

“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2009, 01:28:42 pm »

For reference, Alex, I scramble the list before I run it through the program to avoid that issue.

Most of the changes have to do with the Disciple of Truth and the Aliens (who got new equipment rules).

Oh, does anyone know how long inaluct is going to be muted?
Come play Mafia with us!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2009, 01:33:20 pm »

Not much has changed.  The aliens and mad scientist got some new fun stuff, the warlock's curse can no longer be stopped by a protector/bodyguard, the disciple got nerfed (slightly) but other than that it's pretty much the same as the 3rd.

And Inaluct was muted for 3 days.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2009, 01:45:30 pm »

:'( unvote me!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2009, 01:51:41 pm »

What?! We don't have any instructions... from the internet!?

How will we ever win?

Alright, serious now. If there is indeed a human disciple of truth in our midst, please use your ability while you still have the chance. Preferably on me, webadict, or Pandar.

I think it'd be fun to start a town base with Pandar, I haven't worked with him before.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2009, 01:52:37 pm »

What?! We don't have any instructions... from the internet!?

Even better, you have a copy of Nuke's article in the Weekly Midnight Star!
Come play Mafia with us!

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2009, 02:02:39 pm »

Oh, does anyone know how long inaluct is going to be muted?

I believe until tomorrow.

So. Start of a new game! I meant to go back and throw in a disclaimer at Meph saying that I'd be gone for a week and a half, but oh well. We should hopefully get through 2 days before then. And it would appear (via PM) that he'll be getting a replacement for me during that time. Joy! The dates I will be gone for will be June 6th through the 16th. Not 100% on the ending date (it may be the 17th), but it'll do.

If we do have a DoT, it'd probably be best to use their ability on webadict, considering what he did last game. If only he hadn't been an alien bent on destroying all life. And to those who weren't a part of the last game and/or haven't read it, he basically won the game for the town by pointing out all the Dopps once it was clear he was going to be lynched. And then after death, he continued to help the town by working through Kashyyk, the Medium. Hopefully we can get that magic working again for the town from Day One, as long as he's not an Alien or Dopp.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2009, 02:55:43 pm »

My word isn't it lucky that we have the article by the Famous Reporter to help us.
Now serious.
Disciple of Truth (if present): Indeed, act on someone (preferably an experienced mafia player (like webadict)) now. For the reason, see round 4.0 (not 4.5)

(In case you are wondering: The Famous Reporter- no relation to me, as far as I know. Although I do admire him and his fantastic articles. Just look at that picture quality.)

I am not going to vote yet. Abstain
Long Live United Forenia!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2009, 02:57:38 pm »

Round 5! Wow.

So, hey everyone. After the glorious alien won last round, I have hopes the town can win again.

For now, ill wait for everyone else.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27