Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Suggestion: Robbing Banks and Jacking Tanks  (Read 3436 times)

Ciarog

• Bay Watcher
  • Monkey Wrench Gangster
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion: Robbing Banks and Jacking Tanks
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2009, 05:08:48 pm »

I'd rather build a mech, or a "mecha-monster" as I perfer to call it. :D
Eh, I prefer the star destroyer, I can rain death down upon all my enemies at once!!
If I ever get attacked by a star destroyer, I'm going to have all my neighbours turn on their hair dryers and blenders at the same time and kill it with the EMP field.

If I ever get attacked by a mecha, I'm going to wait for a strong gust of wind to come along.

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2009, 06:59:03 am »

Tanks aren't that hard to capture or disable. They aren't immune to small arms fire.

If you can get right up next to the tank without being shredded by it's MGs, it won't be able to detect nor shoot you.

No armor gives 100% coverage. There are always weak points. Vision blocks, mufflers, periscopes. Spray fire into these areas as you can cripple the tank's ability to fight. A well placed explosive in the treads can make the tank throw a track and render it immobile.

Better yet, climb on top of the tank and throw a molotov inside it. :D Or just stick an M4 carbine in there and empty it's magazine.

So yeah, it should be entirely possible to kill tanks in CQC, with some difficulty. Saving Private Ryan has, towards the end of the movie, some good examples of anti-tank CQC tactics.

Once the tank is disabled it should be possible to kill/capture the crew and nab the tank if the interior isn't too badly damaged, but generally good means of killing the crew will also leave the tank useless. It should be rare, dangerous and difficult to actually capture a tank in workable condition.
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2009, 07:37:13 pm »

Tanks aren't that hard to capture or disable. They aren't immune to small arms fire.

If you can get right up next to the tank without being shredded by it's MGs, it won't be able to detect nor shoot you.

No armor gives 100% coverage. There are always weak points. Vision blocks, mufflers, periscopes. Spray fire into these areas as you can cripple the tank's ability to fight. A well placed explosive in the treads can make the tank throw a track and render it immobile.

Better yet, climb on top of the tank and throw a molotov inside it. :D Or just stick an M4 carbine in there and empty it's magazine.

So yeah, it should be entirely possible to kill tanks in CQC, with some difficulty. Saving Private Ryan has, towards the end of the movie, some good examples of anti-tank CQC tactics.

Once the tank is disabled it should be possible to kill/capture the crew and nab the tank if the interior isn't too badly damaged, but generally good means of killing the crew will also leave the tank useless. It should be rare, dangerous and difficult to actually capture a tank in workable condition.
We should add grenades to the game.
LCS developer, insomniac, writer.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2009, 02:22:28 pm »

We should also be able to scare off the tank crew by shouting Liberal slogans!

Well, it should be possible, but not probable.

Rezan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2009, 03:08:10 pm »

Or dropping weed bombs in their ventilation! I know of no man who has ever successfully piloted a tank while high.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2009, 02:02:36 am »

Or dropping weed bombs in their ventilation! I know of no man who has ever successfully piloted a tank while high.

I've yet to meet one that can outsmart boolet. That doesn't mean they don't exist.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2009, 02:39:17 pm »

I know of one... let me say that it was not pretty.
LCS developer, insomniac, writer.
Pages: 1 2 [3]