Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Assassinations, political speakers and beating, houses arrests and raids  (Read 3335 times)

AdamN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I know that the LCS can set up their own newspaper but i was wondering whether it would be possible to be able to have members of the LCS speak in public at rallies, these rallies could be broken up by the conservatives depending how liberal or conservative free speech is. The meetings could be broken up in different ways, for example you could take the approach of the SA and break the speakers legs or other violent methods. The speakers could also be put under house arrest like other countries have done to people who have tried to speak out against their regimes.

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The irony ... it doesn't burn?
    • View Profile

Well, it's not possible at the moment, and even though it would be a cool feature, this will be derailed too quickly to affect anything.
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.

AdamN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How would this become derailed, im not sure what you mean

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just a joke. I mean that on this forum, often happens that discussion goes completely off-topic. Called the ''thread derail''.

But really, you do have a good suggestion. It would be a good feature to organise or participate in rallies and parades. Might complete better the gay parades someone suggestes a while ago.

Just came onto my mind. You can see an example of derail there, where they stopped talking about the gay parades in LCS but switched to banning sexes and similar nonsense
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/

Not directed at AdamN and BigFatDwarf: Let's not engage in active trolling here.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A couple of things would probably need to be done before much of this could be done. For one thing, it's kind of hard to implement house arrest when for the most part, none of the members of the LCS don't have anything approaching a house beyond the homeless shelter.

Atop  of that, how would you suggest speaking at public rallies be implemented? Currently, the closest thing is liberal disobedience. Going out in public and putting on demonstrations. This in fact CAN already cause conservatives to break them up, be them police or an angry mob attack. I a feeling you wouldn't want to just create another assignable task, as it just doesn't have the same gameplay consequences as a site action.
!!&!!

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!

I can see assassinations being added in the near future. (Maybe even of LCS members!)
LCS developer, insomniac, writer.

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wonder what could they possibly achieve though by assassinating LCS members. I mean, we have countless numbers of hippies and sweatshop workers! Even if one falls, others will continue the legacy of selling brownies!

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!

I wonder what could they possibly achieve though by assassinating LCS members. I mean, we have countless numbers of hippies and sweatshop workers! Even if one falls, others will continue the legacy of selling brownies!
Demoralization, perhaps?

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Demoralization, perhaps?
Or pushing into disorganization. If they kill the founder, maybe the LCS would get a temporary penalty as it will be in a partial anarchy for some time.

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!

Demoralization, perhaps?
Or pushing into disorganization. If they kill the founder, maybe the LCS would get a temporary penalty as it will be in a partial anarchy for some time.
That would (obviously) be much rarer... And a bit cruel to the player.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Demoralization, perhaps?
That would (obviously) be much rarer... And a bit cruel to the player.

Plus it's not needed...the command structure is such that the death of a liberal means:

A) The lovers of the dead Liberal are lost to the cause.
B) The underlings of the dead Liberal may be lost to the cause.
C) Should the Founder die, and no replacement be present, the cause is lost.