Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New Aliens Vs. Predator.  (Read 2301 times)

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
Re: New Aliens Vs. Predator.
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2009, 01:32:31 pm »

Then why make it for consoles inthe first place?
For me, FPSs are easier to play on a PC, or atleast with a keyboard.

"Competitive" FPS games are excellent on the PC platform. Examples: CoD 1-2-4 [CoD 5 sucked], CS and CS:S.

Grishnak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2009, 01:52:46 pm »

Im pissed at this game. Because of this game, Aliens: Colonial Marines is getting the shaft. Delayed and even possibly canceled, which would be a far better of a game than AvP.

How do you figure that?  AvP and AvP 2 were great.  God I wish some asshat hadn't stolen one of my AvP Gold edition disks.  And it's by Rebellion who made the original!  I have allot of fond memories of AvP lan parties

Colonial Marines would kick the living SHIT out of AvP 3. Should read up on it.  Its going to be more like the movie Aliens, which was amazing. Its got the horror, and the paranoia there. Its made for single player, with co-op as an added bonus, which is amazing.

I played the AvP games, they were ok, but my money is on Colonial Marines for being a way better game.
I'm a saint when it comes to pirating.  I've ripped and burned many a .iso, went .rar at my maties and sailed the .7z's.
Blog for my new roguelike Lost Horizon. <- kind of on hold
My SoundCloud
My Youtube Channel

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2009, 02:16:38 pm »

Why wouldnt they have normal vision?

Unless of course, you couldnt figure out how to change vision modes...

You assume I didn't know how to change modes.

I said they had normal vision, not that they lacked every other kind of vision.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2009, 02:22:06 pm »

Rebellion's making it.

Rebellion makes good games.  But they make bad ones too, in about a 2:1 ratio.

I really want this new one to be good, but I'm not optimistic.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2009, 04:38:36 pm »

Hm, never realized how many PSP versions of PS2/3 games they've made.

The only ones I knew about were AvP, Rogue Trooper, and Judge Dredd.  The first two were great, though RT could have used a lot more multiplayer features.  Judge Dredd I've only played the demo of but it didn't get good reviews it seems.

So... it's strange... They're not very reliable, and it seems like they're not very predictable either.  I guess it just depends on who's publishing or something...
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2009, 08:34:41 pm »

Can we all agree that AvP1 is weird?

Good, yes.  Superb even.  I reinstall it every time I reformat my gaming computer.

But it feels, I dunno, it's like it's good by accident.

Because there's parts of it that by all rights should be junk.

So yeah, I think it was accidental genius.  I think Rebellion doesn't didn't actually know how to make an AAA game, and they lucked out.  That time.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2009, 09:02:37 pm »

Can we all agree that AvP1 is weird?

Good, yes.  Superb even.  I reinstall it every time I reformat my gaming computer.

But it feels, I dunno, it's like it's good by accident.

Because there's parts of it that by all rights should be junk.

So yeah, I think it was accidental genius.  I think Rebellion doesn't didn't actually know how to make an AAA game, and they lucked out.  That time.

Maybe they only know how to do it with Aliens, Marines, and Predators.  Really though.  I wouldn't call AvP a AAA title.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2009, 02:02:06 pm »

New trailer out on Youtube.  Discussion at Rock Paper Shotgun.

The footage is predator-oriented.  It's pretty.  The action clips are too short to show gameplay.  The longer clips just show off predator camera zoom and heat vision.

Also, the RPS tribute to AVP1 is mandatory reading.

Shelter and defence was not a concept I was familiar with after several hours of being clawed to death in the great outdoors. Of course I ran for it without even considering anything else. It was pure cinema - the howls of my foes on either side as they tried to bring me down before I reached the door, the desperate clicking as my Pulse Rifle finally ran out of ammo, and, without a pause for thought or breath, taking in the inside of the bunker with one glance. A button. Press it. The door closes - not too slowly to mean death, but not too fast to drain any of the heart-in-mouth tension I was drowning in. [SHUMMM]. Closed! Safe! In, of course, the nick of time.

I was delirously happy. I couldn’t possibly think of a more Aliens moment - and, whether they’ll admit it or not, that’s a movie that means more to men of my generation than any other.

Skeeblix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2009, 02:11:57 pm »

AvP 2 was a decent game for a single player experience. Multiplayer, on the other hand, is an imbalanced wreck. 85% of the characters in the game never got used by anyone but noobs because there were three uber-leet classes, one for each race.

It could be fun at times, but was ultimately too poorly planned and balanced for a good multiplayer game.
This is not a signature.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2009, 03:52:54 am »

AvP 2 was a decent game for a single player experience. Multiplayer, on the other hand, is an imbalanced wreck. 85% of the characters in the game never got used by anyone but noobs because there were three uber-leet classes, one for each race.

It could be fun at times, but was ultimately too poorly planned and balanced for a good multiplayer game.

Keep in mind that this game is being made by Rebellion who made AvP1.  AvP2 was made by Monolith.

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2009, 09:44:47 am »

AVP3 has been an infamous vapourware title for nearly 8 years i guess now. I loved AVP1 and 2 and look forward to this with nervous anticipation. it could be amazing or a huge disapointment. Lets hope they focus on content mechanics and plot line rather than engine and graphics. IMO most modern shooters dont get passed concept stage. 90% of the ideas and plot line for Farcry, Doom 3, Fear, Halo, etc happen in the first and last 10% of the game, and the middle is just a giant repetative plot stall.
I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.
Swans, too. Swans are complete bastards.
Pages: 1 [2]