Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Re: Delta Green Mafia (Suspended due to lack of activity)  (Read 10448 times)

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Delta Green Mafia (Suspended due to lack of activity)
« on: May 29, 2009, 10:46:11 am »

So, I've been lurking here for a while, and (somewhat inspired by Mephansteras's Paranormal Mafia), I've decided to try my hand at running and describing a game.

For those of you unfamiliar with it, Delta Green is a setting mixing modern conspiracy theories in with H.P. Lovecraft's Cthluhu, so expect a combination of area 51-esqe conspiracies mixed with mind-breaking Things That Man Was Not Meant To Know.

In the interest of maintaining paranoia, I was going to hide all non-standard town roles, IE roles that a normal townie wouldn't know about. Role descriptions may mention other roles, though. The Town will have a Cop, and if numbers permit a Doctor and a Reporter. Obviously, the other factions will have power roles as well.

As with most of the Mafias running now, PMs are allowed as long as you copy me on all messages and never quote things that I've sent. Speaking after death, either by posting or by sending PMs, is a Bad Thing and will result in Bad Things happening. The exception to this is a single message that will be found by your intended recipient(s) after your death. Once dead, PM it to me and I'll make sure it is delivered. Dead players will have their roles described, but not named in a pro/anti town manner. In most cases, it should be fairly clear, but in some it may not be.

Days will last for 48 hours, nights will last for 24. Days may end early if most people have voted and there is a long period of inactivity. Signups will continue for one week, with the game starting with Day One on June 6th.

Please vote in red, and unvote before changing your vote. It will make record-keeping much easier.

And now, our story.
Dateline: Innsmouth, a coastal village in New England

Brutal Murder leaves Village Shocked, Horrified
   Police have launched an investigation into the brutal slaying of Innsmouth resident Norma Smith, who was found dead in her house this morning. Despite her age, rumors are flying that this was not a natural death. Early reports from the coroner's office indicate that there was evidence of extensive surgery prior to her death, and several modifications to her skeletal structure, the purpose of which is currently unknown. A panel of concerned citizens has assembled to confront this strange happening and seek out those responsible for the atrocity. The killer must be found!

Anyone interested?

Current Players:
Boksi
Inaluct
Archangel
Emperor_Jonathan
Org
Pandarsenic
chaoticjosh
Teferi
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 04:11:53 pm by Rysith »
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
Re: Delta Green Mafia
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 11:40:20 am »

I certainly am!
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 12:12:59 pm »

I would join, but I just remembered I'll be gone for almost 2 weeks (11-ish days) starting in about a week. Sowwy. =(
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 05:33:06 pm »

I'm in.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 06:03:46 pm »

I will try this.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 06:40:40 pm »

In.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2009, 06:41:47 pm »

Why am I joining.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2009, 06:46:16 pm »

Because Bandwagoning is fun, of course.

I'm in.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2009, 06:50:52 pm »

Im in.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2009, 07:35:32 pm »

Aw man! I never expected a mafia by you Rysith, count me in!

Will this be a flip or no-flip game?

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2009, 07:38:22 pm »

Idea: flip whether the player was human or nonhuman. Have one town role that allows total roleflips on non humans. When that role dies, you only learn the whether the player was human or something else.

It'd be badass. The role could be a xenobiologist, or something.

Teferi

• Bay Watcher
  • Planeswalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2009, 07:41:51 pm »

I'd be in
I think it'd be better to just throw him in a pit.
By pit I mean "ledge designated as pit some 30 levels above the ground water magma" and that would,as they say be the end of that.
Unless a sword/axedwarf gets to 'em.. then it's rhesus pieces...

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2009, 08:09:21 pm »

Idea: flip whether the player was human or nonhuman. Have one town role that allows total roleflips on non humans. When that role dies, you only learn the whether the player was human or something else.

It'd be badass. The role could be a xenobiologist, or something.

I was going to do race-flips with a description of the role. So, distinguishing a regular townie and a cop would be easy, but distinguishing between a cop and an FBI agent would be a bit harder. Distinguishing townie/scum alignment, aside from race, would be left as an exercise to the paranoia of the players. The idea of a xenobiologist that could examine dead non-humans to determine their roles would be cool, but I'm a bit worried about over-roleing the pro-town people. If I can come up with a few more interesting roles for the scum, I'll definitely throw it in.
Try my orc mod!

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Delta Green Mafia (Signups open, Game starting June 6th)
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2009, 01:09:29 pm »

Role PMs sent out, game starting! Day One will end in 48 hours, Monday around Noon. That was Noon my time, not board time. Day One will end at 3PM board time on Monday.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 04:41:53 pm by Rysith »
Try my orc mod!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Delta Green Mafia (Day One Dawns)
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2009, 09:43:45 pm »

I'm excited about this Rysith. Innsmouth sounds like a town from one of H.P. Lovecrafts stories. Am I right about that one?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6