Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: Dwarven humor, its easy to do  (Read 79375 times)

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven humor, its easy to do
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2009, 02:04:24 pm »

this befell my fortress this morning. I decided to strike the earth on a map with a cave with the world paramaters set up to maximise megabeast survival rates.

I tried a  reclaim afterwards.... it failed
I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.
Swans, too. Swans are complete bastards.

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2009, 03:02:33 pm »

keep trying!  Fort wealth should be going up with the dead guys stuff!  Trying over and over again is beautifully dwarven

PencilinHand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2009, 03:23:41 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

this befell my fortress this morning. I decided to strike the earth on a map with a cave with the world paramaters set up to maximise megabeast survival rates.

I would be curious to know what the world parameters that you used were.

dorfstep

• Bay Watcher
  • Dubstepper For Life
    • View Profile
    • My Tripstep/Freak Folk Music
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2009, 03:40:13 am »

This is mine. Personally, I crack up when I see it.

My Freak Folk/Tripstep Projects

“The most exquisite paradox… as soon as you give it all up, you can have it all. As long as you want power, you can't have it. The minute you don't want power, you'll have more than you ever dreamed possible.”
~Ram Dass

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2009, 05:52:52 am »

"I would be curious to know what the world parameters that you used were."

It was a small world, i left everything on default except:

Percentage megabeasts dead after stoppage = 30 (might have been 20)
Year to begin checking mega beast percentage = 80

despite leavin everyhting else at default i got 5 error messages asking me to reduce the number of mountain peaks, volcanoes, and variations in lowland height and drainage. I ignored each of them.

I scoped out the world in @ mode then picked a cave and built a fort next to it. I saw a C on the map but having never come across a bronze collossus before i assumed it was a cougar (i was hoping a mega beast would occupy the cave later when i was ready). It ignored me for a while and i got my first wave of migrants, then unfortantly one of my muskoxs wandered over to it, it gave chase, it killed all but a couple of my dorfs, i then got a second wave of migrants, and then we're up to the start of the scribble above.

If anyone wants a copy of the world PM me.
I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2009, 03:51:24 pm »

Took three attempts to kill the colussus and reclaim. Many dorfs dead, oh well theres plenty more where they came from. Only three of the reclaimers survived and they were all throwing tantrums so i abandoned the fortress. I checked legends mode and it tells me that just after i abandoned the lead dorf formed a new group. Does this mean theyre continuing to inhabit coldcloak? I assumed they'd all sod off home after i abandoned.

Sindayven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2009, 02:47:05 am »

Warning: I originally made this comic for WoW, but the joke in itsself seemed dwarvenly enough to warrant posting here.

http://sindayven.deviantart.com/art/WoW-Comic-131799731

mattyb3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2009, 11:36:06 am »

Here is my story:

[/URL]

I modded my game so i could start as a bronze collusus, just to see how much stuff i could kill. After  going through and slaying everyone i could see in a random human town, I came across the survivors, 3 children.

After a short fight one of the children managed to kill me with one punch, without and of the children coming to any harm themselves.

The end

(apologies for my lack of drawing skill)
I supose if a dwarf is unhappy or hurt they might have a miscarriage. Perhaps we could experiment a bit.

buman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2009, 01:04:47 pm »

N3X15

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 02, 2009, 01:36:54 pm »

Haha, I've got the same pile, except 9000 times higher.  Gotta get rid of bones and stone somehow.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2009, 02:21:51 pm »

Legendary stonecrafter and legendary bonecarver keep my stone and bone out of the stockpiles and in the workshop. The fact that their workshops are uber-cluttered only means that they work at a reasonable pace rather than a ridiculous one.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

kholhaus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pissed and Inspired
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2009, 07:45:45 pm »

Kholhaus has been inspired recently.
Kholhaus has lost a favorite to tragedy recently.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2009, 11:03:38 pm »

Here is my story:

[/URL]

I modded my game so i could start as a bronze collusus, just to see how much stuff i could kill. After  going through and slaying everyone i could see in a random human town, I came across the survivors, 3 children.

After a short fight one of the children managed to kill me with one punch, without and of the children coming to any harm themselves.

The end

(apologies for my lack of drawing skill)
All those children needed then was a big ol' orchestrated battle theme as they slayed you. That would've been epic. I think they found the weak points and jabbed them out of commission.

Salabasama

• Bay Watcher
  • Cyber-elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2010, 09:20:56 pm »

Genned a custom world.  Set the temperatures crazy.  Thought it might be fun to embark in a world that had a habitable region consisting of a single band of temprate land between the ice cap and the lands of fire.

Also, that's meant to be two panels, rather than hell.
I keep thinking glacier fortress would be fun, but it always ends up as cave layer fortress.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2010, 10:51:05 pm »

A stark constast to the beautiful artwork and witty demeanor, its time for my post.

I've done that so many times I don't even feel bad about it anymore.  :)

I'm always impressed at the ones that survive though.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 10:56:42 pm by Levi »
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14