Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: BronzeIron, a dualcommunity fortress  (Read 5704 times)

Justice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BronzeIron, a dualcommunity fortress
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2010, 01:47:52 am »

I'm sure I can find you a miner.  I just need to find me more days where I'm not working 12-14 hours.

Justice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BronzeIron, a dualcommunity fortress
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2010, 09:24:15 pm »

28th Obsidian, 252, Journal of Justice
Our dimple cup farming is going reasonably well, and we’re beginning the milling process now.  Someday, we might want to set up a more efficient milling system... Gaxkang will probably design something eventually, though, so I’m not too concerned about it.

“Justice!  There’s spiders!  Spiders everywhere!”  I hear Jon screaming from down in the mining tunnels.

He tries to run past me, but I check him into the wall and grab him by his x(giant cave spider silk toga)x.  “What’re you talking about?  There’s no spiders anywhere around here.”

He points down the stairway into the tunnels.  “I opened up a tunnel into a huge cavern!  It’s full of spider webs... and some of them are huge!”

I’m gonna go take a look for myself.

29th Obsidian, 252, Journal of Justice
Looks like the breach is just under the cavern ceiling.  That’s one piece of good news; if we’re careful, we should be able to build an access tunnel protected by a drawbridge and traps.  I don’t see any creatures, but the cavern goes on farther than I can see, and it’s full of cave spider and giant cave spider webs.  I can see fungiwood, tower-caps (mmm, tower-cap barrels...), and what looks like an underground lake from here.  I think I see marble down at the bottom, too.

I’m going to order the cavern sealed up for now, until we decide what to do about it.  The marble would be useful building material, as well as being useful in making steel.  The cave spider silk (and especially the giant cave spider silk) would make some valuable clothes, too, but we’ll want to have a plan to capture the giant cave spider alive (and to protect the fortress from whatever else might be down there).
Pages: 1 2 [3]