Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 29

Author Topic: SparkGear 2 - Balls of Steel (*deader than a ... something really dead*)  (Read 89558 times)

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: SparkGear 2 - Balls of Steel (*inquire within*)
« Reply #180 on: June 10, 2009, 01:17:24 pm »

Fault, feel free to start your turn early. Use nils save.
Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do.
I'm half crazy all for the love of you.
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage
But you will look sweet upon the seat
of a bicycle built for two.

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 10, 2009, 01:41:44 pm »

Well, I'll see what I can do today, but I don't really have a lot of free time till tomorrow

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 10, 2009, 02:26:31 pm »

It's up to you how to spend your time. Just have the save for us at 22 GMT tomorrow.

EDIT:

Oh and ArkDelgato:

Although the damage is easy to fix.

EDIT EDIT:

Now someone just needs two add to steel spheres at the "pleasure tower"'s base.
DO IT.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 02:33:27 pm by nahkh »

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

finished by tommorrow? Wait, do I get 2 days or one day? ???

also, whats a good program to take screenshots? I'm tired of using "export local image" and then trying to find what I'm supposed to be looking at...

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile

also, whats a good program to take screenshots? I'm tired of using "export local image" and then trying to find what I'm supposed to be looking at...
print screen and paste in to paint for cropping?  that's all I use

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile

I'll take june 22nd.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

.... would using print screen show the windows of text to the right of the screen, where you make designations and read unit descriptions and such? If so, what button does that?

ArkDelgato

• Bay Watcher
  • ERROR - LOGICAL FALLACY
    • View Profile

Alt + printscreen (found to the right of F12)

No cropping needed.

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile

.... would using print screen show the windows of text to the right of the screen, where you make designations and read unit descriptions and such? If so, what button does that?

1. Print Screen
2. Open the image editor of your choice (MSpaint, GIMP, Photoshop)
3. Press "new" (or, if you're using an image editor from this century that doesn't suck (GIMP, Photoshop) click create > from clipboard. If you do this, you can skip step 4.)
4. Press ctrl+v
5. select the area you want as your image
6. Crop
7. ???
8. PROFIT!

If you still don't understand, tell me what image editor(s) you have access to and I'll see if I can walk you through it.

Alt + printscreen (found to the right of F12)

No cropping needed.
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile

I want to get my dragon head spewing forth boiling magma on my turn soon, and I have an idea on how to do it without bauxite. Don't know if it'll work though.

The tower of pumps is always running, preventing lava from stopping and burning up the pumps. The lone pump is hooked up to a separate power supply which is controlled by a lever linked to a gear assembly. Once the magma gets to the top, it goes sideways (I'm unsure about this part, I'm afraid it'll go back and burn up the top pump, causing a chain reaction of burning pumps) into a store of lava just behind the dragon head. This store is kept back by a metal door which can be opened at a moment's notice to let out a burning cascade of lava on whatever's near the entrance. The lava will then be drained back into the magma pool.

Alternatively, I can spend my turn having no idea what the hell I'm supposed to do as I have never played a fort for more then 2 years and have never had such a large population.
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile

Fault: You get the couple of hours extra that Brendan abandoned. At the time of writing it was "22GMT tomorrow."
Also,  what ArkDelgato said.

Abculatter_2: Needlessly complicated. Metal/stone pumps and the usual pump system will work just fine (you can steal my blueprints from here)

Barbarossa the Seal God:
Okey-dokey.

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

soooo.. that's like 3:00 pm canada time?

doesn't seem like a lot of extra hours, I thought I get the day, not just the mornin
Oh well I'll make the most of it

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile

Abculatter_2: Needlessly complicated. Metal/stone pumps and the usual pump system will work just fine (you can steal my blueprints from here)

I thought pumps could only be built out of stone, glass, or wood...

I now stand corrected.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 11:47:46 pm by abculatter_2 »

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile

Fault: You've got ~26 hours starting from about when I told you it's your turn.
Dunno about Canada time. That's like asking what time is it on the moon.

abculatter_2: forge some metal pipes sections and giant screws. I think any metal will do. Also, it doesn't matter how fast or slow your pumping it, using wood in magma pumps is Bad Business.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 11:52:26 pm by nahkh »

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile

abculatter_2: forge some metal pipes sections and giant screws. I think any metal will do. Also, it doesn't matter how fast or slow your pumping it, using wood in magma pumps is Bad Business.

But what about the blocks? Also, although the magma cannon is cool, I think it's simply too powerful for this. It would flood the entire valley with the burning blood of Armok. Which actually sounds pretty fun...  Plus, we only have limited magma, and would the magma cannon work in a magma pool?

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 29