Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Looking for an Online RPG  (Read 2434 times)

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense
Re: Looking for an Online RPG
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2009, 10:10:48 pm »

Roguelike descriptions are entering anime?

I don't know what to think of this...

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2009, 11:19:28 am »

I'm going to take a little opportunity to vent here.

I started installing WoW at around 7pm, CST. It finished installing at 12:25 AM, CST.
I did a lot of swearing.

Fortunately for the game, I spent the next two hours thoroughly enjoying it, rather than snapping the disc in half and running out to buy Guild Wars today.
I also had to call in sick this morning because I was tired as hell. And I feel sick.

This morning, all the servers are down. Sigh.

Anyway, they should be back up in an hour, so if anybody has the game and wants to start up a new guy, I'm the Level 6 Dwarf Warrior named Durgo in the Fizzcrank realm. At least, I think thats my realm...

I guess I'll find out when the servers go up.  ;D

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2009, 12:15:59 pm »

WoW is pretty awesome from level 1 to 30ish. After that, you will feel like you're paying to work.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2009, 05:49:19 am »

I was blacklisted from Puzzle Pirates, many years ago, when it was a young game, and so was I, and I caused much random havoc. Banned for sharing my account with a friend, though, I believe. I did love those mini games, though. I was.. Nine, though, or something, so that doesn't really count though.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2009, 07:14:38 am »

Puzzle Pirates is a great game, I started playing it when I read on some site that it had the best economic system in his opinion and that he loved earning gold by working and eventually started a shop etc.
That got me interested, although I've never actually started my own shop, I loved the minigames and the community was really nice as well :)
There is a small gap between ages though, there are a lot of players around the age of 9 and the rest is 20+ (no, no pedophiles lol). I guess it's just that most teenagers think the game looks to childish or something :P

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2009, 01:01:31 pm »

Yeah.  The age ranges are pretty nice honestly.  You have young kids who aren't all that disruptive; not good, but not big dramallamas, they do their job and love to say "AYE CAPTAIN!".  And then you have older people who have evolved past the dramallama stage.  It's like you skip out on the worst of society.

I was blacklisted from Puzzle Pirates, many years ago, when it was a young game, and so was I, and I caused much random havoc. Banned for sharing my account with a friend, though, I believe. I did love those mini games, though. I was.. Nine, though, or something, so that doesn't really count though.

Hey, give it another shot!  You can't possibly -still- be blacklisted.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Jakkarra

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2009, 01:16:56 pm »

i say, you could try D&D online, its not a bad game, considering the MMOness restricting features...

has traps, you can wear anything i think, (unless for some reason you decide to be a warforged) and so on, i used to play it, but don't anymore, still got the box though.

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2009, 01:12:03 pm »

I looked at the homepage of the wonderland website and decided that i already hate it. Half their advertising points are about all the landscapes available in the game. Which wouldn't be bad if Crytek decided to stop whining abour piracy and doing something different then abusing their SpeedTree license for all it's worth but this is a 2d game. If having a level designer is half the attraction of the game, it's not worth my time. In addition to that there's the copious amount of fanservice which reeks of a marketing trick.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2009, 01:19:45 pm »

Fanservice is basically the primary method of advertising these cheap online games use
!!&!!

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2009, 01:53:49 pm »

WoW is pretty awesome from level 1 to 30ish. After that, you will feel like you're paying to work.

You are talking about Age of Conan I think.  ;D

Jakkarra

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2009, 05:07:00 pm »

aha! i found something that may interest the forum, it isnt out quite yet but it DOES look very, very interesting...

http://www.exanimusthegame.com/

it dosent appear the site works at the moment, but from what i have gleaned from the internets it appears to be a Zombie-themed FPSMMO. i believe there is at least one person waiting for just such a game to exist, i know i am.

there is also another (unreleased) game that is in development, proceduraly genetated universe, similar to EVE online without the corporationess.

http://www.infinity-universe.com/Infinity/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=88&Itemid=54

(this links straight to the combat prototype, which looks nice) this will be free when it is released.

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2009, 02:30:06 am »

You are talking about Age of Conan I think.  ;D
No, that would mean 1-20.
Unlike AoC, WoW also gets better again around lvl 45 wen you get past it's weak point.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE
Pages: 1 [2]